Hey, all--

I'm planning to do NaNoWriMo this year and wondering if any other Rebels are going to as well.  I'm pretty intimidated by it and am planning to make it part of my next challenge--thought maybe we could all form a little guild and encourage each other.  

For those who are not familiar: NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month, when a bunch of people all try to write a novel in one month.  www.nanowrimo.org. 

• Like 3

Traaki, Level 23 Half-Orc Assassin 

Current challenge: traaki gets some sun. Just a little. * Respawned on June 25, 2018

Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Epic QuestBattlelog

On 10/14/2016 at 3:16 PM, Krissy V said:

I plan on participating too! It's one of my epic adventure goals to publish a novel!

Awesome! If you want to be buddies on the nano site, my username is sparklingrobots. We can always check in here, too!

• Like 1

Traaki, Level 23 Half-Orc Assassin 

Current challenge: traaki gets some sun. Just a little. * Respawned on June 25, 2018

Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Epic QuestBattlelog

Oh, goody, I found it! I was sure there would be a NaNo thread on this forum somewhere. I have been a Wrimo far longer than I have been with NF, this is my obsession. 

Is anyone doing the July camp? Looking for cabin mates? My Wrimo name is ChanDeere. 

If you aren't familiar with the Camps, they are April and July mini-versions of the big November madness. You can set your own goals, less than 50k if you prefer, or goals in pages (better measure than words for editing, scripts, screenplays, graphic novels), hours of writing time, lines (best for poetry) ... the rules are looser, winning is via honor system, but the support and pep talks and team spirit remains.

campnanowrimo.org

ALL THE WORDS!!!

Pc2Qy5t.gif

• Like 1

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance

On 6/23/2017 at 5:59 AM, Gemma Phoenix said:

Oh, goody, I found it! I was sure there would be a NaNo thread on this forum somewhere. I have been a Wrimo far longer than I have been with NF, this is my obsession. 

Is anyone doing the July camp? Looking for cabin mates? My Wrimo name is ChanDeere. 

If you aren't familiar with the Camps, they are April and July mini-versions of the big November madness. You can set your own goals, less than 50k if you prefer, or goals in pages (better measure than words for editing, scripts, screenplays, graphic novels), hours of writing time, lines (best for poetry) ... the rules are looser, winning is via honor system, but the support and pep talks and team spirit remains.

campnanowrimo.org

ALL THE WORDS!!!

Pc2Qy5t.gif

My very first time doing NaNo was one of the camps several years ago. This was when they had one in August, and the set-up was the same as the main one. And I won it too! The camps are great for those of us that have the summer off and have a lot of time to sit down and write. (I was in college at the time, my last summer class ended a week into Camp NaNo.)

I might consider doing the July camp, depending on how my job search goes.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!