Sandavia the Newbie Joins the Battle!

giphy.gif

So I'm a little new to this whole forum thing and definitely new to collective fitness things...

A little about me: 

Sandavia 

Student, Office Wizard, PC Gamer, Ensign Trekkie, Trivia Team Captain, Pun Enthusiast

My story starts almost a year ago when my health started to spiral into oblivion. At first, I attributed my exhaustion to poor sleep habits, high stress and regrettable food choices but as I began making tweaks to my water intake, started going to bed earlier, and chose healthier food options, I barely noticed a change and couldn't seem to catch a break. 6 months, 4 positive strep tests, 2 colds, and all of my sick days (plus many unpaid days) later, my newly acquired doctor ordered a sleep study. Apparently 45 minutes of REM sleep a night is not enough for a functioning immune system, let alone a healthy human being. 

Fast forward to today; I've been using my CPAP machine for about 4 months and have noticed a startling improvement in my overall health. I am 25 pounds down, wearing jeans in a size I haven't fit into in 5 years, I have more energy, my wit has returned, and I'm ready for the next step! 

I've been a far-off observer of Nerd Fitness for a while and it felt like fate when last week I was attempting to implement bodyweight training (specifically squats and planks) into my day and I received an email about how to do the proper squat. I can't wait to start this lifestyle and journey with you all!

No more excuses. Engage! 

• Like 2

Level 3 Human | Apocalypse Survivor

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Challenge Spreadsheet | Meal Plan Spreadsheet | Workout Spreadsheet

23 hours ago, Sandavia said:

Fast forward to today; I've been using my CPAP machine for about 4 months and have noticed a startling improvement in my overall health. I am 25 pounds down, wearing jeans in a size I haven't fit into in 5 years, I have more energy, my wit has returned, and I'm ready for the next step! 

Wow! Who knew sleep could make such a difference?! Welcome :)