Jump to content

It Worked Last Time: Tanktimus Adjusts His Goals


Recommended Posts

On 10/24/2016 at 1:31 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Lunch is Kung Pao pork with quick braised bock choy, and the homemade paleo friendly sauce is out of this world.

 

Tell me everything!

 

Following. :) 

  • Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

 

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Link to comment
On 10/24/2016 at 1:31 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Lunch is Kung Pao pork with quick braised bock choy, and the homemade paleo friendly sauce is out of this world.

My life at work right now...following along for the foody goodness

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14442-1380217084-0.

  • Like 5

Level 12 Ranger - Instagram | MFP

Challenges

2016: First - Second - Third - Fourth - Fifth - Sixth - Seventh

2017: Eighth - Ninth - Tenth - Eleventh - Twelfth

Respawn 2017 - CH1

Link to comment
3 hours ago, WJN325 said:

Following for awesome

Glad to have you. I know you are part of the poverty cabin mafia, but I can't put your Username with your Camp Face.

 

 

3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

 

Tell me everything!

 

Following. :) 

The sauce was made with coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil, arrowroot and green onion.

3 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

My life at work right now...following along for the foody goodness

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14442-1380217084-0.

Then you probably don't want to hear about today's pork sausage and avocado sauce lettuce wraps...

3 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

All sounds good! Good job on the domestics! I think I'm going to do that again myself as it worked well for me!

Thanks! It makes a difference coming home to a clean place.

53 minutes ago, Agnarr said:

Day 2 of week 0 and I'm already behind! 

 

Following!

You'll catch up in no time.

 

Today is a good day. I have the day off of work, so I mainly played video games. I did Yoga NF water A and am hanging out with the guys tonight at Bible Study. This is the group going out of town next weekend. There is a Bible study every other Tuesday night, but I normally miss since I have been working on Tuesday evenings. It will be fun to get to go tonight.

  • Like 13

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I have the day off of work, so I mainly played video games. I did Yoga NF water A and am hanging out with the guys tonight at Bible Study. This is the group going out of town next weekend. There is a Bible study every other Tuesday night, but I normally miss since I have been working on Tuesday evenings. It will be fun to get to go tonight.

 

That's great! It's always such a good feeling getting back to Bible study when you haven't been able to go in a while. That will be me tonight. I hope you had a wonderful time!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Shadri said:

 

That's great! It's always such a good feeling getting back to Bible study when you haven't been able to go in a while. That will be me tonight. I hope you had a wonderful time!

I did, we had a lot of fun.

13 hours ago, Matariel said:

This is Will. I was the one with the ginger beard. :) there were a lot of camp faces I don't blame you

And then you go and change your name too. But I still know it's you.

 

Today is a good day. I got all domestic Rangering done, and got lift day in at the substation. Today was deadlifts and overhead press. I wasn't sure if I was getting sick or not in the morning, I had that am-I-gonna-get-sick-or-not feeling. After I finished cleaning I actually laid down for about 45 minutes and dozed before going to the substation. I was sleepy all through roll calls and lunch, but eventually got myself together for a workout. Perhaps because I felt off, I didn't get as many reps in as the plan called for. I did, however, get reps in on every set, which is important. I feel fine now. Spent the evening with mi novia just hanging out. We will be going to Enchanted Rock tomorrow!

  • Like 14

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I wasn't sure if I was getting sick or not in the morning, I had that am-I-gonna-get-sick-or-not feeling.

Ive been battling this the last few days. Waking up stuffed up and head cold. But mine is definitely from the 70 degree weather on vacation last week and returning to 30 degree weather this week at home. Glad to see you made it through it and got a good workout in!

  • Like 1

Level 12 Ranger - Instagram | MFP

Challenges

2016: First - Second - Third - Fourth - Fifth - Sixth - Seventh

2017: Eighth - Ninth - Tenth - Eleventh - Twelfth

Respawn 2017 - CH1

Link to comment

*pokes this thread with a stick*

 

I was here already.  I posted already!

Why you not show my stuff?  >.>

 

tumblr_mtyzxo2ARo1qgwt1uo1_r1_400.gif

  • Like 5

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to comment
On 10/23/2016 at 9:13 PM, Marauder said:

Wait, are you a Doodlie now?  There's no way I will be able to keep up now!!!

 

On 10/23/2016 at 10:04 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm not sure yet. I think I may be some sort of honorary doodlie.

:D 

Thanks! Sometimes it's easier to go out for a walk than to start a Yoga session.

 

Not a decision to take lightly since once you're a Doodlie, you're a Doodlie for Life.  But definitely an honorary Doodlie.  

 

  • Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

 

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

 

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a good day. I got all domestic Rangering done, and got lift day in at the substation. Today was deadlifts and overhead press. I wasn't sure if I was getting sick or not in the morning, I had that am-I-gonna-get-sick-or-not feeling. After I finished cleaning I actually laid down for about 45 minutes and dozed before going to the substation. I was sleepy all through roll calls and lunch, but eventually got myself together for a workout. Perhaps because I felt off, I didn't get as many reps in as the plan called for. I did, however, get reps in on every set, which is important. I feel fine now. Spent the evening with mi novia just hanging out. We will be going to Enchanted Rock tomorrow!

 

Hate that "maybe getting sick feeling." Had it for a couple days myself. And I have it right now, but that might be from just reading about it and worrying!

  • Like 2

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

 

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link to comment
20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

 We will be going to Enchanted Rock tomorrow!

 

Enchanted Rock is amazing!  Take some triumphant pictures at the top!

 

(Yes, I used to live in Texas - San Antonio/Austin)

  • Like 1

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I hate that "getting sick" feeling - it so often doesn't materialize into anything, but it throws you off your game, for sure. I'm glad you're feeling better today!

Me too, it did not affect the trip in any way.

12 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

Ive been battling this the last few days. Waking up stuffed up and head cold. But mine is definitely from the 70 degree weather on vacation last week and returning to 30 degree weather this week at home. Glad to see you made it through it and got a good workout in!

That can be painful going through a temp change like that.

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

*pokes this thread with a stick*

 

I was here already.  I posted already!

Why you not show my stuff?  >.>

 

tumblr_mtyzxo2ARo1qgwt1uo1_r1_400.gif

I thought I saw you had posted.

11 hours ago, LadyShello said:

 

 

Not a decision to take lightly since once you're a Doodlie, you're a Doodlie for Life.  But definitely an honorary Doodlie.  

 

I think some form of "Apostle to the Doodlies"

10 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

 

Hate that "maybe getting sick feeling." Had it for a couple days myself. And I have it right now, but that might be from just reading about it and worrying!

Well, take this opportunity to read about feeling fantastic!

2 hours ago, moros said:

 

Enchanted Rock is amazing!  Take some triumphant pictures at the top!

 

(Yes, I used to live in Texas - San Antonio/Austin)

When you coming back?

 

Today is a great day. The workout was of course the enchanted rock trip, which went really well. Before that mi novia came over and we had lunch, scrambled bacon, then I cooked diced sweet potatoes in the grease, then I added the bacon back in, then I cracked a dozen eggs and scrambled that all up. There was actually a little left over. Then we drove out to Fredericksburg. On the way we made a pit stop and for a snack got peanut butter M&Ms and then we got COFFEE NUT M&Ms!

Image result for coffee nut m&m

Yes, you need this in your life. 

The park was beautiful, I took some vid and pictures, will post it later. We went a slightly different way than Wolf and I did last year. Wolf and I went on the far side of the rock and then went up, Mi Novia and I went on the other side. We realized the trail took us up quite a bit, and went up another side of the hill with half the climbing already done, that was way easier. We then went in to Fredericksburg. We went to a German place, not the one Wolf and I did last year, but this one. I did not get a beer this time, and driving home was a lot easier than last year. I got the Sauerbraten (roast beef with brown gravy) and red cabbage kraut. Novia got the cheese schnitzel with an awesome paprika sauce and spatzen (noodles). We had no room for dessert. We got back to my place and I had one of the pumpkin spice latte ales (nitrogen charged) I posted about in the general chat thread, I liked it quite a bit.

  • Like 16

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yes, you need this in your life. 

The park was beautiful, I took some vid and pictures, will post it later. We went a slightly different way than Wolf and I did last year. Wolf and I went on the far side of the rock and then went up, Mi Novia and I went on the other side. We realized the trail took us up quite a bit, and went up another side of the hill with half the climbing already done, that was way easier.

Sounds like an awesome trip.

I hope those coffee nut M&Ms make their way here. We only get the regular ones with chocolate and their not as good as our Smarties.

  • Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

COFFEE NUT M&Ms!

Image result for coffee nut m&m

Yes, you need this in your life. 

 

Unfortunately they have peanuts in them which causes me to flair up...

Yes I did try them...makes me sad :( they are yummy...

  • Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CRUSTED is the only acronym I can come up with for this

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 71

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My BlogMyFitnessPal |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

 

Link to comment

HaHaHa. You broke the Internet:

fa1ee0c82380e3786439490f6dfea23f.png

Error message from the German places' site when I tried to creeper their menu.

Coffee nut M&Ms sound intriguing ... too bad they don't have an espresso bean in the center!

How did Mi Novia like Enchanted Rock? Sounds like the hike was gentle-ish --- tell me you did the German accent!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

 

Link to comment
6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Sounds like an awesome trip.

I hope those coffee nut M&Ms make their way here. We only get the regular ones with chocolate and their not as good as our Smarties.

It was, and they are a great addition to the M&M family.

5 hours ago, deftona said:

 

God bless America, you guys sure know how to M&M. 

They were born out of WWII. The GI's wanted chocolate that wouldn't melt.

4 hours ago, Muir said:

Coffee M&Ms?!

 

806c79e65040440fff1843be392945fa014a250b

The best kind :) 

1 hour ago, RES said:

Unfortunately they have peanuts in them which causes me to flair up...

Yes I did try them...makes me sad :( they are yummy...

That is sad. You could try eating around the peanut....

16 minutes ago, darkfoxx said:

HaHaHa. You broke the Internet:

fa1ee0c82380e3786439490f6dfea23f.png

Error message from the German places' site when I tried to creeper their menu.

Coffee nut M&Ms sound intriguing ... too bad they don't have an espresso bean in the center!

How did Mi Novia like Enchanted Rock? Sounds like the hike was gentle-ish --- tell me you did the German accent!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they need a freelance front end developer to help them out. Un yes I did ze accent vy vould I not? She did like the trip, anyone can climb Enchanted Rock, fitness only dictates how long it will take you. 

  • Like 8

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

 

Today is a great day. The workout was of course the enchanted rock trip, which went really well. Before that mi novia came over and we had lunch, scrambled bacon, then I cooked diced sweet potatoes in the grease, then I added the bacon back in, then I cracked a dozen eggs and scrambled that all up. There was actually a little left over. Then we drove out to Fredericksburg. On the way we made a pit stop and for a snack got peanut butter M&Ms and then we got COFFEE NUT M&Ms!

Image result for coffee nut m&m

Yes, you need this in your life. 

 

I rarely buy bags of M&Ms, but I may have to test these out. Nice find.

  • Like 2

 

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

 

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

 

***********************

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

***********************

 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When you coming back?

 

The park was beautiful, I took some vid and pictures, will post it later. We went a slightly different way than Wolf and I did last year. Wolf and I went on the far side of the rock and then went up, Mi Novia and I went on the other side. We realized the trail took us up quite a bit, and went up another side of the hill with half the climbing already done, that was way easier. We then went in to Fredericksburg. We went to a German place, not the one Wolf and I did last year, but this one. I did not get a beer this time, and driving home was a lot easier than last year. I got the Sauerbraten (roast beef with brown gravy) and red cabbage kraut. Novia got the cheese schnitzel with an awesome paprika sauce and spatzen (noodles). We had no room for dessert. We got back to my place and I had one of the pumpkin spice latte ales (nitrogen charged) I posted about in the general chat thread, I liked it quite a bit.

 

1. Hopefully in the summer (my parents have now retired to a house near Bulverde).

2. German food is good - dessert is rarely needed.  After about two weeks, you get hungry again...

  • Like 2

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines