Ye Temporarie Ranger Guildtent: General Chat

I have to say I had a sample of Ace Pumpkin Cider at a friend's craft beer store and it was really good. 

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

I am a little too tied up in my own story to order something at the moment, Barkeep, but if you have one of these I'll ask you to keep me in mind for later:

PSL_resized.JPG

Ye olde favorite pumpkin spice latte, giant-sized, please!! 

(And side note to @MiaulinTheCat, recovery from Civil War is unthinkable at present ...)

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 48

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2022 Books in Progress:

When Strivings Cease  |  Happiness Workbook The Gifts of Imperfection  |  Mistborn  |

5 hours ago, mr_willes said:

People,

There are some quite interesting interviews with Rangers being posted in the forum. Be sure to check them out!

This Challenge you can get to know @bker1370 and @Elastigirl a little bit better!

Go here for the interview!

I love this! Having a couple Rangers of the Month is a neat idea. :-)

• Like 4

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This Challenge you can get to know @bker1370 and @Elastigirl a little bit better!

This is great :D!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

On 10/22/2016 at 9:41 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The chaplain orders up a round of these

Larger%20NPSLC%20Can.png

both to see the looks of enjoyment on those who find it appealing and disgust on those who don't. Both are equally entertaining.

*Yells over to the barkeep* I'll have what he's having! and a side order of some Mead...

On 10/22/2016 at 0:29 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The bartender has a whole section of his cart dedicated to pumpkin storage. Rumors persist the cart is bigger on the inside than the outside.

18 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

I introduced the bartender to some guy in a blue box with a bow tie. He owed me a favour after I got him out of a scrape with some giant salt shakers.

Don't ask.

Mizbrek snags one of Tank's pumpkin beers and takes a long drag straight from the can.

I was just going to ask the barkeep if he knew a raggedy man with a bowtie! 

People,

There are some quite interesting interviews with Rangers being posted in the forum. Be sure to check them out!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! 

• Like 3

Calanthia Cobbin: Level 3 Hobbit Ranger

Rogue of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End! 

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~JRR Tolkien

6 hours ago, mr_willes said:

People,

Great Idea!

• Like 1

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

1 hour ago, Calanthia Cobbin said:

I was just going to ask the barkeep if he knew a raggedy man with a bowtie! 

He also knows a curly headed man with a really long scarf, and a tall man with a leather jacket, and a medium sized man with a brown trenchcoat, and a man with broccoli on his lapel...

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

46 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

He also knows a curly headed man with a really long scarf, and a tall man with a leather jacket, and a medium sized man with a brown trenchcoat, and a man with broccoli on his lapel...

But he is clearly insane. He insists they are all the same man!

• Like 5

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

30 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

But he is clearly insane. He insists they are all the same man!

wait...... they aren't?

• Like 3

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

YESSSSSSS! That trenchcoat though... :love-struck:

• Like 4

Calanthia Cobbin: Level 3 Hobbit Ranger

Rogue of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End! 

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~JRR Tolkien

3 hours ago, tishnicden said:

wait...... they aren't?

It's complicated. People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

He told me that once. One of them did anyway. Somehow they're all the same person but not. He's useful in a jam though, that one. 

• Like 7

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Anyone have advice for eating a certain way (paleo, keto, etc) when you're the ONLY one in the family doing it? I'm seeing all these new challenges with Whole 30 and Paleo and Keto and I'm over here like...

Hillary-Duff.gif

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

1 minute ago, tishnicden said:

Anyone have advice for eating a certain way (paleo, keto, etc) when you're the ONLY one in the family doing it? I'm seeing all these new challenges with Whole 30 and Paleo and Keto and I'm over here like...

Hillary-Duff.gif

My boyfriend generally tries to eat relatively well, but he doesn't do paleo. I'm trying to be as close to perfectly paleo as possible. Our solution? I meal prep, he mostly preps his own stuff, and sometimes we cook a crossover dish that more or less meets both of our requirements.

tl;dr
As the stricter person, I don't expect him to cater to me, and he doesn't expect me to prepare anything for him.

• Like 2

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

10 minutes ago, tishnicden said:

It can be incredibly difficult if the people around you aren't on board. If they are supportive, but just not following it may just be as simple as doing your own meals separately. Depending on your exact circumstances this might be simple or impossible or anywhere in between. It is also often possible to get your family to meet you half way. Not going full Paelo (or whatever) but edging towards it so that your own challenge can be made easier. 

It is important to be open and clear about what you are doing. What you are trying to achieve and why you think what you are doing will help you do that. It might also be necessary to tell them that you are not seeking their approval only their support. 

• Like 4

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, imprimis5 said:

My boyfriend generally tries to eat relatively well, but he doesn't do paleo. I'm trying to be as close to perfectly paleo as possible. Our solution? I meal prep, he mostly preps his own stuff, and sometimes we cook a crossover dish that more or less meets both of our requirements.

tl;dr
As the stricter person, I don't expect him to cater to me, and he doesn't expect me to prepare anything for him.

Thanks. DH is mostly supportive, but if it impacts him at all, he's like "why are you doing that?" I will be buying these and a bunch of chicken and veggies when I get my next check. Dinner is where things generally fall apart for me.

9 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

It can be incredibly difficult if the people around you aren't on board. If they are supportive, but just not following it may just be as simple as doing your own meals separately. Depending on your exact circumstances this might be simple or impossible or anywhere in between. It is also often possible to get your family to meet you half way. Not going full Paelo (or whatever) but edging towards it so that your own challenge can be made easier. 

It is important to be open and clear about what you are doing. What you are trying to achieve and why you think what you are doing will help you do that. It might also be necessary to tell them that you are not seeking their approval only their support. 

Thank you. I think I need to stop focusing on perfection. I was raised with the saying "if it isn't done right, why try?" and I swear it's the family curse.

• Like 2

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

1 hour ago, tishnicden said:

Hillary-Duff.gif

Something I've done with my family: make the main meat and veggie component Paleo / Whole30 (depending on what you are interested in doing), then make an additional component for the family that maybe isn't. Then, just eat the components that are on the plan for you. 

Your dishes might not be as fancy as other people's, but I've found that it's fairly easy to do small substitutions to keep my meals healthier than the rest of my family. Burgers, sandwiches, and tacos in lettuce wraps, grilled chicken versus chicken patties, salad instead of mac and cheese, etc... We also try to do a new recipe once a week and have incorporated some paleo-ish dishes into our normal rotation based on that. 

• Like 5
42 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Something I've done with my family: make the main meat and veggie component Paleo / Whole30 (depending on what you are interested in doing), then make an additional component for the family that maybe isn't. Then, just eat the components that are on the plan for you. 

Your dishes might not be as fancy as other people's, but I've found that it's fairly easy to do small substitutions to keep my meals healthier than the rest of my family. Burgers, sandwiches, and tacos in lettuce wraps, grilled chicken versus chicken patties, salad instead of mac and cheese, etc...

This is basically what we do in my house, except I rarely allow mac and cheese because I just can't resist... :D 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Your dishes might not be as fancy as other people's, but I've found that it's fairly easy to do small substitutions to keep my meals healthier than the rest of my family. Burgers, sandwiches, and tacos in lettuce wraps, grilled chicken versus chicken patties, salad instead of mac and cheese, etc... We also try to do a new recipe once a week and have incorporated some paleo-ish dishes into our normal rotation based on that. 

Thanks! Sounds easy enough. No clue why I haven't done that.

Mac and cheese, though. And Tacos. mmmmm.

Completely random, but has anyone heard of the taco cleanse? Totally just remembered I have that book. I may need to make it part of a challenge......

TacoCleanseCoverFinal1024-862x1024.jpg

• Like 5

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚

10 minutes ago, tishnicden said:

Thanks! Sounds easy enough. No clue why I haven't done that.

Mac and cheese, though. And Tacos. mmmmm.

Completely random, but has anyone heard of the taco cleanse? Totally just remembered I have that book. I may need to make it part of a challenge......

TacoCleanseCoverFinal1024-862x1024.jpg

I've heard of it, but they lost me at vegan.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've heard of it, but they lost me at vegan.

LOL that's what I was thinking too but the recipes look legit.

• Like 1

WEEK 2 - H2O
WEEK 3 - H2O 
WEEK 4 - H2O 

❚█═══════█❚