Ye Temporarie Ranger Guildtent: General Chat

On 10/30/2016 at 4:29 PM, Mizbrek said:

Anyone else look into the NF Rings and Handstands pack? I ended up buying it and have some rings in my house! Just need a chin up bar to hang them from, which should be here on...Tuesday ish. Need to read it over and figure out how to incorporate it into my workouts!

Ah, I missed this earlier - you're gonna (not?) laugh at me, I contemplated it the entire week, on Friday at 3pm I decided I was gonna go for it ...and had a convention committee meeting last longer than intended, and completely forgot to sign up -_-; I bought rings nearly a month ago, so I'm slowly trying to introduce them into my mix. I haven't had a minute to look up intro exercises for them :/

• Like 2

One of the benefits of being a Guild Leader with the largest guild on Nerd Fitness is having one of the largest networks of lovely Rebels.

But honestly, but the best part of being a Guild Leader with the largest guild on Nerd Fitness is abusing using my powers for good...

It is officially November 6th, which (according to Facebook) is our very own @Raxie's birthday.  I would love to see everyone rush over to her challenge and wish her a very happy birthday!

• Like 12

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 27/10/2016 at 9:09 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

If you're anything like me, you keep cramming things into your overfull schedule until you quite literally hit a wall.  Something always has to give... and then you learn to prioritize.

I've started something new, writing down not just the priorities, but the things that I'm letting go of, temporarily or otherwise. It's been interesting to actually acknowledge them, I feel less stressed and guilty. I try to remember that everything I let go of strengthens me and makes room for new growth.

• Like 1

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

For some reason I'm not notified when I'm tagged. I answered his question in the cycling nerds thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was very helpful thanks.

Sent from my m8whl using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit

Rangers.

Week 1 has fallen before us and week 2 is ready for its turn. Week 2 is a sneaky jerk. Week 2 says we are all alone. Week 2 says nobody likes us. Week 2 says remember that embarrassing thing from 20 years ago that everyone has forgotten except for you? Week 2 puts the toilet paper on the roll the wrong way.

We, however, are not alone, people do like us (we like each other), and because no one remembers that embarassing thing we are going to smile briefly at the memory and move on. What week 2 knows and we sometimes forget is that there is an unstoppable beast inside each of us. It tries to distract us with those negative thoughts because if the beast is unleashed we will steamroll week 2 so hard there won't be enough left to scrape up. That beast is in you, primal and wild. If we've admitted to ourselves it's in there we've pretended we didn't know it, or kept it caged with excuses like, "I'm too civilized." Sometimes we restrain the beast because we are scared to admit to ourselves what our true potential really is, because if we don't think we can do something, we can be excused for not trying. The truth is, if we uncage the beast we will be more likely to succeed. 

Now this beast isn't necessarily savage or destructive, and it isn't good or bad. It's simply power, raw and unrefined.  That power that lives within you is hurling itself at its trammels, waiting to be unleashed. You can find it if you look for it. It's the power within us that our ancestors used to defend the tribe from a bear, from enemies, or to attack the next meal. It's the power our ancestors called upon to lift the tree that had fallen on their buddy. It's the power they called upon when they had to endure something to the end. 

It's the power of self-determination combined with abandonment of limits. It is your inner strength, waiting for you to use it. Like any muscle it needs to be trained, but it's in there. You've used it before, when you've summoned 20 seconds of courage. You've used it before when you've overcome a fear, or hit a PR, or slayed a bad-habit dragon.

The challenge now is to embrace it, honor it and grow it.

Summon it up from deep within you. Stare week 2 in the face and inform it of it's demise. Let the power flow through you, from your core to your limbs and back again. Feel your muscles tense as you summon your primal self to the fore. Notice how you start to tremble with the potential energy. Aim yourself at your goals and ATTACK!

• Like 15

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 hours ago, animuse said:

Ah, I missed this earlier - you're gonna (not?) laugh at me, I contemplated it the entire week, on Friday at 3pm I decided I was gonna go for it ...and had a convention committee meeting last longer than intended, and completely forgot to sign up -_-; I bought rings nearly a month ago, so I'm slowly trying to introduce them into my mix. I haven't had a minute to look up intro exercises for them :/

I haven't had a chance to look at it much yet. Maybe email Steve or the NF email if you're interested? Maybe they'll make an exception! But it seems cool! I want to look at maybe how to incorporate its workouts into my current ones, since it doesn't seem to have a WHOLE workout set but seems to have some extras which will be fun!

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rangers.

Week 1 has fallen before us and week 2 is ready for its turn. Week 2 is a sneaky jerk. Week 2 says we are all alone. Week 2 says nobody likes us. Week 2 says remember that embarrassing thing from 20 years ago that everyone has forgotten except for you? Week 2 puts the toilet paper on the roll the wrong way.

We, however, are not alone, people do like us (we like each other), and because no one remembers that embarassing thing we are going to smile briefly at the memory and move on. What week 2 knows and we sometimes forget is that there is an unstoppable beast inside each of us. It tries to distract us with those negative thoughts because if the beast is unleashed we will steamroll week 2 so hard there won't be enough left to scrape up. That beast is in you, primal and wild. If we've admitted to ourselves it's in there we've pretended we didn't know it, or kept it caged with excuses like, "I'm too civilized." Sometimes we restrain the beast because we are scared to admit to ourselves what our true potential really is, because if we don't think we can do something, we can be excused for not trying. The truth is, if we uncage the beast we will be more likely to succeed. 

Now this beast isn't necessarily savage or destructive, and it isn't good or bad. It's simply power, raw and unrefined.  That power that lives within you is hurling itself at its trammels, waiting to be unleashed. You can find it if you look for it. It's the power within us that our ancestors used to defend the tribe from a bear, from enemies, or to attack the next meal. It's the power our ancestors called upon to lift the tree that had fallen on their buddy. It's the power they called upon when they had to endure something to the end. 

It's the power of self-determination combined with abandonment of limits. It is your inner strength, waiting for you to use it. Like any muscle it needs to be trained, but it's in there. You've used it before, when you've summoned 20 seconds of courage. You've used it before when you've overcome a fear, or hit a PR, or slayed a bad-habit dragon.

The challenge now is to embrace it, honor it and grow it.

Summon it up from deep within you. Stare week 2 in the face and inform it of it's demise. Let the power flow through you, from your core to your limbs and back again. Feel your muscles tense as you summon your primal self to the fore. Notice how you start to tremble with the potential energy. Aim yourself at your goals and ATTACK!

You give the best pep talks! I am so fired up! Not only to crush this week in terms of fitness, but to really crush my NaNoWriMo word count as well! Thanks!

• Like 2

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

Lurve. Trammels.

Week 2's ass is getting kicked - dreams about sweet potato fries notwithstanding.

• Like 2

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

On 11/6/2016 at 0:02 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

there is an unstoppable beast inside each of us

Me and my inner beast are in love. (See below )

• Like 2

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

Finally subscribing because I don't want to risk missing one of @Tanktimus the Encourager speeches!! (only 7 pages behind...)

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE isn't cutting it!

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 69

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:10 PM, RES said:

Finally subscribing because I don't want to risk missing one of @Tanktimus the Encourager speeches!! (only 7 pages behind...)

Exactly this for me too!

• Like 3

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

On 11/5/2016 at 1:04 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

@DJtrippyT as well

Someone called? What? What'd I do?

On 11/4/2016 at 11:14 PM, Jack Ryan- Rebel Recruit said:

Rangers- please Rally to my plea - Who has done a lot of biking to be active or know someone that has?

Ah! Take it to the bike shop and see if your rim tape has failed. That's the tape that goes on the inside of the rim and keeps the spokes from poking into your tire. The last time I had a series of flats one after the other that was the problem. It's pretty cheap to have it replaced.

You can sometimes even see on the tube - there will be a series of little pokey dents in it a few inches apart, but you wont' be able to find any holes in the tire itself or feel anything if you run your fingers (slowly!) around the inner edge of the tire. 

• Like 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

On 11/7/2016 at 8:14 AM, darkfoxx said:

- dreams about sweet potato fries notwithstanding.

mmmmmmmm those are the best.

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

Rangers,

Week 2 is over and week 3 is here. For this week I want us to consider a word. This word has great power, power to free us from too many obligations, power to protect us from what is harmful, power to keep us from quitting. Most of us have a strange relationship with this word. We hate hearing when we are young, but then it's often one of the earliest words we learn. Later as we grow often we fear to use it for whatever reason. We feel perhaps that we do not deserve to use it, or that to use it would make us selfish or bad. This word, like most other words, is not good or bad, that is derived from how we use it. Having said that, it is powerful, and can help us immensely if used properly.

The word is "no."

There is great power in this word. Often I work with people who have forgotten how to use it and they allow things to keep piling on to them until they get stressed, with no time for themselves and get burned out. Failure to use this word can lead to resentment as we feel others become entitled to our time and effort. They know we will always agree so they keep taking and taking, and if we do not stand up for ourselves we will become bitter. Often these things we get asked of us are not bad, there's simply too much. We may feel guilty if we use the word to get out of doing something, for if what is being asked is good how may we deny it? The analogy that often works here is the oxygen masks on a plane. If you don't put your's on first and help someone else you're going to pass out and someone's going to have to take care of you. There is a difference between priority and sequence in these situations. Because others may be first in importance, you may need to put yourself first in sequence. This is an important part of self care. Part of saying no means taking care of yourself so that there is something in you to give to others.

Sometimes we don't like no because it reminds us of being denied things we wanted as a child. No, you may not have ice cream three meals a day. No, you may not use the spiked fence as a balance beam. No, you may not use the cat as a projectile to see how well your trebuchet works. To the immature no feels like not getting what we want, but good parents use no to protect their children from harm.

We can use no the same way.

No can protect us from the lies of week 3. Week 3 resents our victories over weeks 1 and 2, and the weeks of countless challenges before. It hates us like Gollum hates Baginses. It will tell us, just ease up a little on your goals, just have an extra variance, it's too hard to work out, give yourself a break, stretch yourself too thin "taking care of others" so that you don't have time to take care of yourself.

Join me and with the power of no we will walk up to week 3 with a two by four and beat the dog snot out of it.

NO! I will not quit in the middle of my workout.

NO! I do not eat that way anymore.

NO! I will not skip the stretching after lifting.

NO! I will not feel bad about myself.

NO! I will not believe I'm less than awesome.

NO! 

I!

WILL!

NOT!
QUIT!

• Like 15

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 11/5/2016 at 4:44 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

For some reason I'm not notified when I'm tagged. I answered his question in the cycling nerds thread.

Me either.

Where's the cycling nerds thread? I missed it.

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

No, you may not have ice cream three meals a day.

Well, shoot. I thought I had my calcium deficiency solved.

• Like 5

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Join me and with the power of no we will walk up to week 3 with a two by four and beat the dog snot out of it.

NO! 

I!

WILL!

NOT!
QUIT!

An inspiring pep talk, as usual! Week Two was definitely tough for me for a variety of reasons, including some emotional 2x4's that came out of nowhere. But I will not quit! I will get back on the horse and finish this challenge strong!

• Like 2

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

NO! 

I!

WILL!

NOT!
QUIT!

I really needed this today! 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

@Tanktimus the Encourager I need to record your speeches and set them to wake me up each morning. You have a true gift for motivating people. Thank you as always, I needed to read that this week.

• Like 3

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

NO! 

I!

WILL!

NOT!
QUIT!

Things have been fairly crappy for me this week, and the 'why bother?' mindset has been trying to push itself to the front of my mind. But I can push through it, and no, I don't have to quit working out or trying to eat better or trying to improve my life to do that. So it's time to stop feeling sorry for myself and get back to it :) 

Thanks for the virtual kick up the backside, I needed it!

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram