Strife - New Game Start

Strife

I want to slay dragons.  I want to cast fireballs.  I want to raise legions of the undead by my command.

However, right now I've got a wooden sword and I've hardly left my home town.  Well crap

But I will not despair!  It's a slow grind to greatness, but its so so SO very worth it.  Having set my sights on monsters too powerful before, and having failed because of it, I intend to work smarter and harder to get where I want to be.  Even if that means it takes a little longer than I might like. 

So for my 4-week challenge, I have a few simple goals:

• Strength Training 3x a week  (+3 Str)
  • Cardio 2x a week  (+2 Sta)
  • Meet my nutritional macros 5 days a week  (+5 Con)
  • Get 7-8 hours of sleep on weeknights.  (+5 Wis)

In an effort to hold myself accountable, I've enlisted the help of a friend to determine my nutritional macros and work out a plan for healthier eating to compliment my training.  I've also started a journal, in which I will document a number of things including my workouts and my sleep habits, as well as how these things generally make me feel. 

I'm excited to get started.  But I'm even more excited to get started on the right path.  Dragon slaying will come someday, yes.  But not until I learn to swing this sword...

• Like 2

Level 2 Human Ex-SOLDIER - Ranger/Assassin

| Str: 12 | Dex: 4 | Con: 7 | Sta: 13 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 13 |

"Steel your mind and the body will follow."

Love your post! Well, except for maybe " I want to raise legions of the undead by my command." ;)

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

Great goals! I'm guessing this isn't your first rodeo here with the challenges. This seems a little intense, with strength training 3x a week and cardio 2x a week, but if you are comfortable with that, rock on. You do you, as the saying goes. I only worry because I know that for me that would lead to burnout. But N=1 does not mean you. I'm here to cheer you on!

Avril O.
We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" - Matt Smith as the Doctor

"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Avril's Respawn

Avril's Epic Quest

Update time!

Week one sucked.  I started off sick as a dog (if that dog had a severe cold, that is) so my macros and work outs suffered.  It was interesting, as I actually had trouble meeting my macros because I was eating so little.  Well later in the week I got to feeling a little better and I was able to get in 1 of the 3 strength workouts and both of the cardio workouts.  I only his my macros 3 days that week.  My sleep goals were met, however!  I got a lot of rest that week.

Week 2 was better.  I hit all 3 strength workouts.  I only got 1 cardio workout in.  I only hit my macros 4 of the days, for which I blame 1.) lots of overtime at work, and 2.) my use of junk food as a coping mechanism for stress.  Still working on that one...    I stayed up too late a few nights when I shouldn't have, because Skyrim is a helluva drug. 

All in all, week 2 was better than week 1, and week 3 is shaping up to be better still.  I suppose its all about gaining and keeping momentum, right? 

Level 2 Human Ex-SOLDIER - Ranger/Assassin

| Str: 12 | Dex: 4 | Con: 7 | Sta: 13 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 13 |

"Steel your mind and the body will follow."

Yay for building up momentum again! 

Sounds like sickness hit you pretty hard, but all the kudos for overcoming that and only getting stronger as the week progressed. All the best for Week 3 and 4! :D

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest