iatetheyeti: what doesn't kill me... (part I)

iatetheyeti

Still kicking about, just have some social burnout issues for a number of reasons. I'm attempting to rest and recharge, and hopefully I'll be back soon enough.

• Like 6

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Just popping in to hope all is well with you. Take your time for yourself and stay awesome.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Yetiiiii I hope you are recovering well! 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On 11/16/2016 at 6:00 AM, Cascade said:

Just popping in to hope all is well with you. Take your time for yourself and stay awesome.

On 11/17/2016 at 1:57 PM, mr_willes said:

Why was i not following this???

Hope to see you back soon here!

On 11/21/2016 at 8:07 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Yetiiiii I hope you are recovering well! 

I appreciate the concern, thanks guys :)

--------

Sorry for going AWOL... As a brief update:

I'm getting by, mostly. I'm not gonna lie, it's been a struggle. Being constantly cold and hungry and tired is really not fun, and that's part of the reason I haven't been around here so much. I don't want to just be continually whining about how crappy things are. No one should have to put up with that. Safe to say this challenge is definitely over for me, and I'm not sure if there will be another one in the foreseeable future. A lot hinges on what's going to happen over the next month or so, and at this point even the more positive of the possible outcomes aren't exactly great.

Essentially, my second job still hasn't given out any hours, and is unlikely to for a good couple of weeks according to the manager. Now, I did end up venting my frustrations to one of the DMs at my first job, and rather than do the 'oh no too bad not my problem' thing the others have pulled, she was actually quite horrified. That was about a week ago, and today she came and offered me extra hours if I trained to be on the deli counter. I accepted, and I start that training tomorrow (6am-11:15am regular shift followed by a 4:30pm-9:30pm training shift... it'll be like working at the restaurant again). Thing is, even if that takes, and even if between the two I get full time hours, it is way too late to see any benefit this coming payday. That will be just enough to cover my rent and the major bills. No matter what happens, I'm spending the majority of December the same way I've spent this past month, with no heat and minimal food. Assuming this deli thing actually takes off and I'm allowed to add shifts on top of my original contract (my department manager has tried giving me extra shifts, but she got told to cut my hours after doing that), I can maybe put the heating on after the December payday (23rd).

And that's the most positive outcome.

It kind of sucks.

Suffice to say anything other than actually surviving has taken a backseat. Unfortunately, that includes NF. I hate to draw back, but it's safe to say I'm coping with everything really badly and I refuse to stay around only to be a source of negativity. That's not fair. So I'm basically going into lurker mode to shut that down. I'll still stick around and keep up with how everyone else is doing as best I can, and in a few months, if things have improved, I'd like to make a proper come back. Until then, I wish everyone the best and I hope you all continue to go forth and keep kicking ass.

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Yeti, I wish there was something I could say or do to make things better for you right now. Just know that you are in my thoughts. I know I'm hundreds of miles away from you, but if there is absolutely anything you need, even if it's just a sympathetic ear, I'm just a PM away.

I really hope things improve for you soon and you get the extra hours.

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I get not wanting to be negative all the time, but I hope you stick around at least in the general threads because a. we'd miss you and b. we want to know how you're getting on.

Sorry that life's throwing so much at you at the moment. If there's anything I can do, or if you want to talk, please do drop me a line.

*many hugs*

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

We appreciate the chance to be with you on your journey, and that includes your dark, messy, shitty times as well as your shiny happy times. You don't need to be happy for us to want to be there for you. I've been where you are and feeling desperate and hopeless sucks, it's okay to say so as often as you want.

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

On 11/23/2016 at 6:22 PM, Charlie_Quinn said:

Yeti, I wish there was something I could say or do to make things better for you right now. Just know that you are in my thoughts. I know I'm hundreds of miles away from you, but if there is absolutely anything you need, even if it's just a sympathetic ear, I'm just a PM away.

I really hope things improve for you soon and you get the extra hours.

19 hours ago, skinNbones said:

Hi yeti, sorry things have got so tight. I hope your hours do pick up. We'd still prefer you to stick around either way though :)

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

I get not wanting to be negative all the time, but I hope you stick around at least in the general threads because a. we'd miss you and b. we want to know how you're getting on.

Sorry that life's throwing so much at you at the moment. If there's anything I can do, or if you want to talk, please do drop me a line.

*many hugs*

6 hours ago, Cascade said:

We appreciate the chance to be with you on your journey, and that includes your dark, messy, shitty times as well as your shiny happy times. You don't need to be happy for us to want to be there for you. I've been where you are and feeling desperate and hopeless sucks, it's okay to say so as often as you want.

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate all of the kind words. I'll do my best to stick around and not just vanish into the night, I mean, this is where most of my positive interactions with other people happen, so... But really, thanks for your support :) 

• Like 2

Yeti, I'm so sorry I've been silent the last few days. I really do hope you stick around even with things so tight for you right now. We miss you when you're AWOL.

If there's anything I can do to help, please message me. Hopefully, your hours will pick up and the deli counter thing will help, but I know it still must suck. Stay strong, Yeti, and remember it won't last forever.

When you're going through hell, keep going! - Bear Grylls. 

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

18 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Yeti, I'm so sorry I've been silent the last few days. I really do hope you stick around even with things so tight for you right now. We miss you when you're AWOL.

If there's anything I can do to help, please message me. Hopefully, your hours will pick up and the deli counter thing will help, but I know it still must suck. Stay strong, Yeti, and remember it won't last forever.

When you're going through hell, keep going! - Bear Grylls. 

It's ok, don't worry about it. At the very least, I'll probably spend next challenge hanging out in the guildhall (or guild tent as the case may be...) cheering you guys on, I'd like to stick around in some capacity.

I appreciate the offer, thank you. I've run the numbers and the hours at the counter will help considerably, assuming I get them for at least two months. So I know there's an end point, it's just that getting to it will be extremely rough :( 

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry you're having a rough time. Please don't disappear. 

Thanks Tank :) And I'm trying not to, right now I'm just sort of recharging my social batteries and figuring out what my next move will be.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

*Huge virtual hugs* You're so great for hanging in there, Yeti. I hope things improve for you soon!

Thanks Miaulin :) Seems like the extra hours are going to be a regular thing for this month at least, so that's a little comfort at least.

• Like 3

Just do you. We'd all feel better if you checked in every once in a while, but you need to do you. And if that means reducing your time here on NF, then so be it.

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

18 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Just do you. We'd all feel better if you checked in every once in a while, but you need to do you. And if that means reducing your time here on NF, then so be it.

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

I feel better for checking in every once in a while myself, the level of support and understanding I get here is always a boost. But you know how it goes with social burnout, just got to work on finding the right balance now...

• Like 1

Wow, I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of that. Good job getting those extra hours for the time being. 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

6 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Wow, I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of that. Good job getting those extra hours for the time being. 

It's not so much fun, that's for sure, but I'm very slowly pushing through. Hopefully the extra hours will make enough of a difference come the end of next month.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Because i'm not good at coming up with supportive things to say by myself...

8f5328c3f1d7b4aafcbca16a587363a4.jpg

88e7d617b581065933cf54f751847861.png

Thank you, I appreciate it :) 

• Like 1