Daily Dares PvP Oct 23 - Nov 26

Bicycle crunches with EC.

edit: Sat:alt arm/leg lift with EC

Sun: Side lunges with EC**

** Note: I ran a marathon today. Had to make a strategic decision about whether to do the dare before or after. Decided to do it before b/c I wasn't sure if it would be possible after. Think it worked out kind of well as a warm up.

How's everyone else doing??

edit 11/8

Mon: Cross-leg pushups in sets of 5 (no EC)

Tues: Side plank knee taps with EC (took 2 tries....tip: do your weak side first!!)

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 11/11/2016 at 11:47 PM, x Valkyrie x said:

I reckon I'm too late for joining the leaderboards, but I love this daily dare idea! I'll tune in for the craic!

You can still join! But ok too if you just want to do the dares and not log on the spreadsheet

On 11/12/2016 at 5:15 AM, zeroh13 said:

Of course when I do the knee rolls I find out that I have a bruise on one of my hips. >_<

Ouch! Pillow?

On 11/12/2016 at 5:59 AM, IAmInfinite said:

My exercising has fallen a bit to the wayside, but here's to daring daily for the rest of the challenge!

That's the fun thing about the dares...they are day-by-day. Happy to have you back!

Yesterday did those chop-things for EC. They seemed kind of dumb.

Today knee rolls with EC. Luckily I don't have a bruise, so those kind of felt like a nice stretch.

edit 11/14

Yesterday plank jacks with EC

Today knee-elbow things with EC

Depending on what Darebee throws at us, titanium seems possible...

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

Well, I'm not going to be able to make Gold this time, but still going to shoot for Silver, and hopefully a bit beyond as well. Despite a shaky start, it still feels pretty good!

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

17 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

Well, I'm not going to be able to make Gold this time, but still going to shoot for Silver, and hopefully a bit beyond as well. Despite a shaky start, it still feels pretty good!

Go for it!! Depending on your time zone, I think we have 8-9 days left...that's 16-18 points. Grab as many as you can :-)

For me: knee tucks with EC yesterday. They scared the cat!

5 min arm hold with EC today. That one hurt.

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

situp punches done with EC

--------

Seems to me like the DD PvP is kind of fizzling. We have just over a week left (ends on Saturday). Normally the next one would start the following day. I'm not going to start another thread next time, but if someone really wants to revive this, please go for it. It's not all that hard to drum up a little interest for it if you post on some of the general chatter forums.

Oct/Nov 2016

18 hours ago, Xena said:

situp punches done with EC

--------

Seems to me like the DD PvP is kind of fizzling. We have just over a week left (ends on Saturday). Normally the next one would start the following day. I'm not going to start another thread next time, but if someone really wants to revive this, please go for it. It's not all that hard to drum up a little interest for it if you post on some of the general chatter forums.

I'm definitely still interested! I think it's more of a case that people don't post whether or not they've done the activities here as much as they just write them straight into the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

10 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

I'm definitely still interested! I think it's more of a case that people don't post whether or not they've done the activities here as much as they just write them straight into the spreadsheet.

Thanks IAmInfinite. I'll keep it going another month, and will try to do a little recruiting :-)

I thought about scaling the 1-armed pushups, but instead did some reading about pushup progressions. I can't even do proper tricep pushups, so I decided some kind of one-arm variation wasn't the best thing for me. I did decide that I'm going to work on strengthening my triceps in my next challenge!

Oct/Nov 2016

11 hours ago, Xena said:

I thought about scaling the 1-armed pushups, but instead did some reading about pushup progressions. I can't even do proper tricep pushups, so I decided some kind of one-arm variation wasn't the best thing for me. I did decide that I'm going to work on strengthening my triceps in my next challenge!

What progression plan are you planning on doing? 

Decided I want to do some prep work before I start a progression. I'm only doing wide position pushups now (and have improved a LOT on them). So really next next step would be just to progress toward narrow/tricep pushups. The narrow pushups put more stress on your elbow and tricep. Last year I had some tendonitis in my elbow (from lifting) and over the past couple months I've had something weird going on in my tricep after lifting days.

After doing some pull-up work or anything that works my tricep, I have consistently been waking up (at night or the next day) to have a weird tweaky pain in the center of my tricep. It doesn't last long and I don't really know what it is. Some kind of pinched nerve? A weird cramp?? Don't know.

So I think the best thing for me is to start really carefully. Yesterday I did 2x8 with low weight on the gravitron for assisted pull-ups and dips. And last might I did wake up with that weird little tweak. I'm going to stay with that low weight gradually building reps and see if my tricep gets used to it and I can build some strength.

...sorry if that's a longer answer than you wanted! Are you working on a push-up progression too?

Oct/Nov 2016

No problemo! I took a look around the internet and found a couple interesting articles about where your hands should be (there was the T nation one which is informative, but almost too much so?). I can do around 5 solid normal push ups, but I want to build that up to 20+. I sort of expect it to occur as I get stronger with normal body weight exercises and weight loss, but push ups progressions could probably be quite good. I'll have to incorporate them into my workout at some point. I might do something like onehundredpushups before going into variations though. I don't really know. :P

• Like 1