So I found this community a few weeks ago and have been lurking ever since. Everyone here is really positive so I decided to go ahead and join so I could get encouragement and encourage others. I'm 28 years old and have never really stuck with a fitness plan until this year. I've found a program that works for me (Bodyrock!) and I'm slowing mixing in more weight lifting as well, working out at least 4x a week. I've been doing it for two months so far and I've finally been able to do push ups on my toes! At the beginning of this year, I couldn't do one.

My challenges are sticking with my exercise program and not dropping out when I start to see results. Backwards I know. I'm also changing my diet to include more whole foods and learning how to cook. I've ordered some new cookbooks (660 Curries, it looks amazing and is filled with chickpea recipes) My previous method of getting food was flopping in my SO's lap and staring at him until he made me dinner.

I'm still learning how to set exact fitness goals, but I figure if I just poke around here enough, I'll get it down :calm:

Q. Well, what kind of strength do you want?

A. You mean I get to choose? Polar bear strength! I want polar bear strength!

Welcome! I love this method of getting food. Doesn't work so well on my husband though :P Usually I lose the staring contest.

Grats on the pushups! I am still doing incline ones so I don't actually know if I can do regular ones...I'll find out once I move to the next stage of my program.

Looooove the bodyrock!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Haha! Yeah, my boyfriend started to just poke my instead of getting me food. :) Bodyrocking is the reason I can do any pushups. I've even dorked out and made myself a sandbag. Good luck on getting your pushups! It's been milestone for me.

For curries, I found this recipe which started the whole shocking "I could cook food myself" idea. It's super tasty.

Q. Well, what kind of strength do you want?

A. You mean I get to choose? Polar bear strength! I want polar bear strength!

My challenges are sticking with my exercise program and not dropping out when I start to see results. Backwards I know. I'm also changing my diet to include more whole foods and learning how to cook. I've ordered some new cookbooks (660 Curries, it looks amazing and is filled with chickpea recipes) :

Two things: I am so guilty of that, too! I lost some weight, I can 'afford' to eat this... Also mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, chickpeas!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]