Annyshay always knew she was a hobbit.  She was born in a sleepy farming town of the Shire.  As a young hobbit, she worked the land with her family.  Her nose was often firmly wedged in a book, and she fancied herself quite the scholar.  When turmoil split her family asunder, she began her apprenticeship and long quest to live a good life.  For years, Annyshay found her hobbit-y nature at odds with her training and quest.  The confused hobbit struggled through periods of being “good” and keeping perfectionistic track of everything she did.  Inevitably, she would lose momentum and return to the joy of second breakfast, elevensies, and her hobbit hole. Somehow, she managed to lose herself amidst all the stress, processed food, sedentary habits, and self-doubt.  This was not the good life that she dreamed of all those years ago on the farm.

One day, Annyshay was cleaning out a trunk, when she found an old scroll with “For the Rebellion!” on its seal.  Filled with curiosity, she brought the scroll to her favorite reading chair, so that she could investigate the matter fully whenever she had a chance.  When Annyshay eventually cracked the seal of the scroll, she found it was more than she imagined – a device that allowed her to interact with countless Rebels questing to improve their lives. Although she was cautious at first, the support and tales of these Rebels convinced her to join them.  Annyshay learned from her fellow Rebels that she was a Hylian Hero and her life was about so much more than safety, comfort, and control.  Annyshay has set out on an adventure to become the Hero she was born to be - resilient and radiant, so that she reflects God among the nations! Herein lies the Legend of Annyshay.

The Legend of Annyshay, like so many heroic tales is not exactly linear. She has been adventuring with the rebellion since 2012 - as a hobbit, superhero, bender, and of course Link. Her quests have led her on many twists and turns, as you can see if you desire to wade through the Tales of Yore below. In September 2016, Annyshay was called to join a deeper Adventure at Camp Nerd Fitness. In the mountains of Clayton, Georgia, she was convinced well and truly by the Wizards and Headmasters that she is a Hero. Inspired by the stories of Atollo, Tyrus, Havok, Rheno, and Volo, as well as the countless rebels she met in real life, Annyshay returned with Character, Ability, Mind, and Purpose in order to stand against the darkness. Annyshay will fully embody and manifest herself as the Hero of Light.

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.

Quest Status Subscreen

(last updated 4/13/2017)

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Equipment Subscreen

(last updated 10/23/2016)

• Kokiri Sword (daily movement)

• Deku Shield (mindful, level 5 meals)

• Hylian Shield (ate at the table)

• Goron Bracelet (Integral Strength)

• Master Sword (Eating Journal)

Current Status

Level 17 Hylian

Last Save - 2/10/2017

Photos last taken - 1/3/2017

Waist-to-Hip Ratio = 0.97

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

3 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Tag, you're it!

You're SO FAST to the party, Elize. :D Welcome.

2 minutes ago, Akura said:

A new battle log? And I can follow from the start? Great!

BTW, I have Navi's "Hey listen!" as the text notification sound on my mobile phone.

Woooooo, fresh starts!

Also, I may have to do that thing...

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

ahoy ahoy!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Following [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Welcome, comrades!

Sorry I've been a bit quiet lately. Many trips. Lots of distraction. Not sure what to type.

Home from New Orleans, which was relationally draining. I've been introverting pretty hard for the last three days. By which, I basically mean playing all the video games and trying to replenish my people-ing meter. ;)

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

Glad you're back. Saw a lot of people from the ID conference around N.O.Knew they  were from the conference because they talked about it, or they were way more dressed up than the usual tourist:)

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

6 hours ago, annyshay said:

Home from New Orleans, which was relationally draining. I've been introverting pretty hard for the last three days. By which, I basically mean playing all the video games and trying to replenish my people-ing meter. ;)

It's ok. Take your time. :) Just sneak in some challenge goals here and there. ;) 

• Like 1

Ok... I've been at a mental/emotional/motivational low. There's lots of reasons and temptations to blame myself for "back-sliding". I refuse to continue that story in my head, so this is my attempt to edit the self-talk and judgment. Even when my habits are at their worst, I continue to hang on to these...

Firmly Established Habits of Awesomeness

- morning joint routine (currently at 40 days in a row)

- quiet time with God

- healthy breakfast (eggs, butter, and vegetables - usually 2-3 "servings" of them)

- meditation (currently doing a headspace one on "creativity" each day on the way to work)

- no screens in my bedroom (any time, even during naps)

Nutrition is my next big boss battle, but this is an excellent foundation of mental health and healthy routines. I will defend these habits with all that I have despite the craziness that work and personal drama throws at me. :)

I could use some help with my next nutrition related habit to establish (small, daily, doable). Thoughts, my awesome rebels?

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

Your established habits really are AWESOME!! Nutrition is definitely my toughest as well and I've gotten away from making small habit changes for some reason. You've reminded me though and now my head is spinning with ideas!

Since you have a healthy breakfast habit I would choose lunch or snacks to work on next. If lunch is tougher for you than dinner then choose dinner. Don't try to overhaul the whole thing though, just choose one thing that you want to do. Like have x servings of fruit/veggies with lunch or maybe to start bringing your lunch from home. I personally do better with DO's than DON'T's, but you could also choose something you don't want to do (e.g. No soda with lunch). The smaller and more concrete the plan, the better. If you just say you're going to start having a healthy lunch, it's too general and hard to implement.

And now I'm off to come up with small, daily, doable breakfast habits for myself! For the record, I've pretty much been doing the exact opposite of all of the helpful hints I mentioned. That's why I can tell you what NOT to do!

• Like 3

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Possible Nutrition Quests from the NF Academy

Pick Water

When out to eat, order water instead of soda (or a calorie filled drink)

- 25xp

Spice Things Up!

- To complete this quest, choose spices from “the core six” and add them to a meal you are making.

- 25xp

Junk Food!

To complete this quest, do not eat junk food for one week.

- 25xp

Roast Those Veggies!

- To complete this quest, Whether you’ve never tried roasting veggies before or you do it all the time, you’re getting some XP to make some roasted veggies! Follow the instructions on the Cut and Roast Vegetables page and make a tasty bunch of veggies for one meal or for the whole week!

- 40xp

Determine Portion Sizes

To complete this quest, weigh and measure the food you’re eating for three days. The goal of this is to not count calories forever, but to learn proper portion sizes.

- 100xp

Don't Drink Liquid Calories #2 

To complete this quest, do not consume any liquid that contains calories for one month. You can still have soda if it is diet soda, and you can still have coffee or tea if it does not contain cream or sugar.

- 200xp

Create Your Food Log #3

To complete this quest, complete a food log for 30 days.

- 200xp

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.