That is such great news! I know you have been struggling to find the right fit for  your  research career. So happy that you found a mentor that could help you, and have a good path to start on!

• Like 5

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

18 hours ago, annyshay said:

Hopefully you all can help remind me of how excited I was when I'm exhausted in a month or two.

200_s.gif

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That is such great news! I know you have been struggling to find the right fit for  your  research career. So happy that you found a mentor that could help you, and have a good path to start on!

4 hours ago, Lilmissbri said:

200_s.gif

3 hours ago, zenLara said:

Great news! What a good mentor you've found! All this sounds so great. I hope everything will go for the best.

Yes, we will here to remind you how excited you were!

Best excited gif ever.

Thanks, y'all.

Apparently, I'm overly share-y right now... So money angst....

Spoiler

UGH. I have huuuuuuuge student loans because medical education in America is broken. And I've been on a repayment plan based on my income, but the paperwork to renew didn't go fast enough. So my account automatically planned to deduct 5 times my usual monthly payment. I realized this the night before and called my loan servicer. They told me there was nothing they could do to stop the payment. So, I took all my money out of my account that was linked for a few days planning to bounce that transaction while they put my loan in forbearance. I got a memo yesterday that the transaction hadn't been approved, so I moved my money back in order to make sure my rent and credit card payments (also automatic) were on time. This morning, I woke up and found that the payment for my loan HAD gone through. My accounts are all empty now. >:/ My rent payment is "processing", but I have nowhere near enough money in there and I'm sure my credit card is about to try to process too. The bank doesn't open until 8am. I am not pleased, but I am sure will God will get me through this too.

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

59 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Ugh indeed. I don't know what to say. I hope things will straighten out. Let's hope for the best.

Just nice to know there are kind people out there listening. :wub:

After many phone calls and emails... I think it will all sort out... in about 45 days. And, luckily, I have enough cushion to get me through that with only a few late fees. Poor emergency fund is pretty sparse though if anything else comes up. :apthy:

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

Daily Log - 3/1/2017

Established Habits
X move all joints
X make bed
X quiet time with God
X healthy breakfast
X meditate
X post on NF
X no screens in bedroom

Today's Tasks
X submit research proposal
X clinic notes

Eating journal
- mindful moments: breakfast, lunch
- feeling sick so skipped dinner and went to bed early

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

For some or other reason I never got a notification and with my mind having been in a brain fog thing, I didn't catch on till today :(

I'm so glad that you got to a mentor who was willing to sit with you and work things out. Possible career futures, AND people you can see about it!

Money... UGH... glad that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I know how that feels. So much. At least you have Dragon who gives you moral support at home too.

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

For some or other reason I never got a notification and with my mind having been in a brain fog thing, I didn't catch on till today :(

I'm so glad that you got to a mentor who was willing to sit with you and work things out. Possible career futures, AND people you can see about it!

Money... UGH... glad that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I know how that feels. So much. At least you have Dragon who gives you moral support at home too.

Welcome back. Silly forums. Career stuff is very good. I got my application in on time and am presenting my first poster next week in Memphis. My bank and loan company gave my money back too! Yay!

You guys may remember that I'm watching through all of Star Trek this year? Well, Bones did the thing!!!  He said his catch phrase for the first time (at least in the order the nerds are watching it) in "The Devil in the Dark". And it was glorious!

i_m_a_doctor__not_a_bricklayer_by_lululo

I know that feel, bro. Props for saving that silicone based life form though. Mad doctor props. :D

• Like 4

Love as thou wilt.

When I was a kid I watched a couple of Star Trek episodes. Then for a long time there wasn't Star Trek on our tv's, and I moved out of the house, and still don't have a tv. But now the new movies are coming out and I'm loving it! I love Bones' dry, almost negative humour.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

You guys remember me going on and on about Amy Clover, right? Well, I'm currently in her group coaching course on Intentional Eating. I have many thoughts to share at some point, but I wanted to share my actual food journal at the moment. I'll try to post it once a week or so.

Spoiler

WEEK 1

Monday

breakfast:

• emotions/thoughts before - a bit stressed about how much I need to get done

• ate at ~6:45am, had my big breakfast (bacon, hash - sweet potato, onion, peppers, kale, eggs, butter, black tea with some cream)

• emotions/thoughts after - ready

lunch:

• emotions/thoughts before - lots of should I eat now? What if I don’t? Am I really hungry?

• Ate at 12:35pm

• Reheated chicken thigh and brussel sprouts

• emotions/thoughts after - don’t really feel full, but I wasn’t super hungry, will take at least 20 minutes and re-assess

afternoon snack:

• emotions/thoughts before - definitely hungry at 1:15pm, does this count as a snack? Or part of lunch?!

• Ate at 1:40pm

• bagel with cream cheese and black tea

• emotions/thoughts after - mmmmmm, that hits the spot

dinner:

• emotions/thoughts before - worked late and was hungry

• Ate at 7pm

• Leftover roast and veggies, Greek yogurt with honey and frozen raspberries

• emotions/thoughts after - satisfied and content, some worry about “eating too much”

EXERCISE: none

REFLECTION:

• Lots of thinking about thinking about food choices, anxiety, appropriate reframing that this is likely to pass

Tuesday

breakfast:

• emotions/thoughts before - less hungry today, no need for starch

• Ate at 6:45am

• Eggs, bacon, onion, pepper, kale, tea

• emotions/thoughts after - good, time to get going

lunch:

• emotions/thoughts before - just had a fairly intense unplanned conversation with Ketzela, ready for a break and alone time

• 11:45am

• Leftover roast and veggies, a few bites of an apple pastry, black tea with cream

• emotions/thoughts after - oh no! I forgot to bring some papers and am running late!!

afternoon snack:

• emotions/thoughts before - thank god that meeting was over, time to regroup for the next one

• Ate at 2:30pm

• Frozen kefir with chocolate chips and strawberries

• emotions/thoughts after - once more into the breach!

dinner:

• emotions/thoughts before - I need more fuel before I get back to my application and I am choosing to enjoy delivery food for Mardi Gras

• 5:20pm

• Burger, fries, and salad

• emotions/thoughts after - mmmm, let's do this!

EXERCISE: several brisk walks between meetings

REFLECTION: I was drained both mentally and emotionally. I chose to nourish myself and ignore the thoughts of “that's too much” or “that's not healthy”. I needed the fuel today!

Wednesday

breakfast:

• emotions/thoughts before - drained and slightly anxious about work today but also grateful of quiet moments alone to restore, ack there will be food at morning report - do I want to use that as my snack?

• 6:20am

• Usual breakfast (eggs, butter, sweet potato, onion, pepper, kale)

• emotions/thoughts after - full, still debating snacks and many other things...

lunch:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry, busy with work stuff, running through my list

• Ate at 12:15

• Chicken, snap pea, carrots, hummus

• emotions/thoughts after - felt over full, but had to go go go

afternoon snack:

• emotions/thoughts before - feeling weak and nauseated, decided to skip

• emotions/thoughts after

dinner:

• emotions/thoughts before - feeling weak and nauseated, decided to skip

EXERCISE: brisk walks

REFLECTION: I've been pushing hard for weeks, I wonder if that's why my body was like nooooope today, went to bed really early to try to fight whatever illness was brewing

Thursday

breakfast:

• emotions/thoughts before - feeling sort of weak still, but less nauseated

• 7:00

• Bone broth

• emotions/thoughts after - warmth was nice, and I don't feel worse

lunch:

• emotions/thoughts before - I'm hungry!

• Noon

• Pork burrito bowl (pork, black beans, rice, salsa, guacamole, sour cream) and a chocolate chip cookie

• emotions/thoughts after - I'm so glad I'm feeling better!

afternoon snack:

• emotions/thoughts before - wasn't hungry, so I skipped

dinner:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry but wanted something milder

• Chicken, red pepper mayo, green beans, baked potato, butter

• emotions/thoughts after - that was just right

EXERCISE: walks

REFLECTION: glad my hunger is back, hope to focus a bit more on Mindful moments tomorrow

Friday

breakfast:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry again, yay!

• 6:50

• Eggs, butter, sweet potato, onion, pepper

• emotions/thoughts after - grateful, content

morning snack:

• emotions/thoughts before - peer pressure to eat a starburst >:/ not worth the emotional energy to say no

• 11:00

• 2 starbursts

• emotions/thoughts after - tasty

lunch:

• emotions/thoughts before - mmmm lunch

• 12:10

• Chicken with bbq sauce, hummus, snap peas, carrots

• emotions/thoughts after - stopped early after a few check-ins, I’m satisfied and the rest of my veggies can be a snack if I want later

afternoon snack:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry

• hummus, snap peas, carrots

• emotions/thoughts after - good, time to get to the post office

dinner:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry

• 6:15

• Pot roast and veggies, dark chocolate, sea salt caramels

• emotions/thoughts after - tempted to continue with caramels, but full and happy

EXERCISE: tai chi

REFLECTION: more of a good thing is tempting ;)

Saturday

breakfast:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry, anxious about call

• Greek yogurt, PB2, some cocoa, raspberries, remaining sea salt caramels

• emotions/thoughts after - satisfied, calm, enjoying reading online forums

lunch:

• emotions/thoughts before - overwhelmed from the call, hopeful, scared, basically all the feels

• Meal - 11:45, lots of thinking during

• emotions/thoughts after - lots of thoughts, some shoulds, trying to keep breathing, excited to go see Moana

afternoon snack:

• emotions/thoughts before - drained

• 2:45 - Meal

• emotions/thoughts after - content, grateful

dinner:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry, thinking about whether or not I want to go out dancing

• 7:15 - Meal, watching Star Trek

• emotions/thoughts after - full, content

late snack:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry but don't want to stop gaming, should be in bed already

• 10 - Meal

• emotions/thoughts after - mmm, now I'm ready for bed

EXERCISE: bodyweight workout

REFLECTION: lots of feelings ending in contentment

Sunday

breakfast:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry, feeling a little rushed to get to church

• 7:15

• emotions/thoughts after - warm and gooey and tasty

morning snack:

• emotions/thoughts before - mmmm cake, still hungry, may have some yogurt...

• 9:15

• emotions/thoughts after - much better

lunch:

• emotions/thoughts before - hungry, victory over the forest temple and phantom ganon

• 12:20

• emotions/thoughts after - full, enjoying Star Trek

dinner:

• emotions/thoughts before - tempted by new zelda game, hungry

• 5:30

• emotions/thoughts after - over full, contentedly playing Twilight Princess

EXERCISE: none

REFLECTION: a good meal does make me contented, distractions abound tho

WEEK 1 REFLECTION:

1. How do you feel about the way you ate this week? Was much more in tune with my thoughts and feelings than usual. Glad to have taken first steps.

2. Did you become clear on any thoughts or emotions that lead you to eat out of anything other than hunger? Wanting something. At first I was scared to feel hungry and make “bad” choices. With my illness, I saw hunger as a good sign that my body was ready for food. Perspective!

3. What is one intention you can set for the next week to align with a healthy mind and body? Hunger is a signal, not a failure of planning.

We have a group coaching call each weekend. This weekend I realized how much my perfectionist self was trying to do everything in the program "just right", so I decided to stop journaling what I'm actually eating. That hasn't given me new information in the past. Let me know if this is totally boring. I can always keep the info offline for myself. :)

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

1. I'M SO EXCITED about your path forward with work/research!!! that is wonderful, I love it when people are passionate about things, and you sound REALLY passionate right now. YAY.

2. wow, bank, what the heck. I'm really glad you got your money back so quickly.

3. your food log is so thoughtful and useful! I thought seeing the process and how you tackled it was really interesting.

• Like 3

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

11 minutes ago, karinajean said:

1. I'M SO EXCITED about your path forward with work/research!!! that is wonderful, I love it when people are passionate about things, and you sound REALLY passionate right now. YAY.

2. wow, bank, what the heck. I'm really glad you got your money back so quickly.

3. your food log is so thoughtful and useful! I thought seeing the process and how you tackled it was really interesting.

It's great to feel passionate and excited again. I was beginning to worry that I would always be struggling with research stuff.

ME TOO.

Aw, thanks. I'm hoping it's a helpful way to process things for a while.

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.