12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

They might think that you're overly emotional and ahem, act like a girl, but whatever, just don't ever let them question that you're doing a great job. You have to be able to stand your ground, even if it's scary and hard, and preferably without tears, because you deserve to be taken seriously.

THIS! :love_heart:

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

7 hours ago, annyshay said:

You're right. It's totally worth it to be as professional as possible. I just wish my superiors would come from an assumption that I'm a competent human being instead of immediately assuming that tears mean I'm emotionally unstable.

This too. Hugs. There isn't an easy way, and it is totally understandable that you will be emotional when you are tired and overworked. You have a very stressful job, and stoic overseers. Sending you hugs and love and praying for you :love_heart:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yes, I understand that there's a lot of pressure, stress and responsibility involved being a doctor, but it's not an excuse to behave like a robot at best and asshole at worst. Nurses and other support staff somehow manage to be human and that job is not any easier. Yet doctors get a free pass for being sexist egotistical jerks. Clearly you're not one of them, you sound like a fantastic doctor, but way too many are like that. Don't know whether it's a common personality trait from the beginning or whether they develop it because of their environment or simply because they can get away with it.

This reminds me of Scrubs. There is a constant back and forth of JD being too emotional and Cocks is an asshole, yet they both want the best for their patience. Obviously this is a scripted TV show, but Cocks (the elder doctor who's been in the hospital for years) has developed being "an asshole" as a defensive mechanism. This whole paragraph just made me think of that. :ph34r:

• Like 2

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

33 minutes ago, annyshay said:

One of my friends and her husband are trying to adopt a dog, so they asked me to fill out a recommendation for them. They watch Dragon when I'm out of town, so I was happy to speak highly of their pet skills. I hope they get the puppy they want!

LOL :D I was thinking in the lines of you wanting to adopt a dog. Ok... hope they do too.

12 hours ago, annyshay said:

I'm actually getting close to a point where it might be reasonable. Come August, I won't be working 12 day stretches of 10 hour days... Not sure that I'm ready for the commitment though.

Take it easy. No rush. The extra commitment, although going hand in hand with receiving extra love and comfort, also goes hand in hand with extra responsibility and stress.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Today's Tasks

X CVS run

X duty hours

X clinic notes

X clean bathroom and kitty litter

Got a lot done today! Bravo!!

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

*bows*

It does seem to come in waves... which I try to remind myself when the lazy wave comes in. ;)

Truer words were never spoken.

• Like 2