Snarkyfishguts Yogas like a T-Rex

Snarkyfishguts

I found this design on Threadless. I think I need this Tyrannosaurus Shirt. T-Shirt. Hehehehehehe1272x920design_01.jpg

Oh man, Rexy and I have so much in common, except I don't have tiny arms, and I am no quitter. We do share a lack of flexibility and balance that is pretty hilarious. I love yoga. I can't do triangle pose without a chair, I can't do downward facing dog without bending my knees, and forget one one-legged poses.

So for this challenge, I'll work in my balance, strength and flexibility and really enjoy practicing yoga and never give up. I'm also buying that tshirt. No spreadsheets or grades.  I either do it or I storm off like Rexy. November is a hectic month for me. Lots of good things happening, but also some stressful things, and So... simple is good. Have a great challenge everyone! 

• Like 13

What a cute rexy.  This seems like a really smart way to tackle a busy and stressful month.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Following!

7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

We do share a lack of flexibility and balance that is pretty hilarious. I love yoga. I can't do triangle pose without a chair, I can't do downward facing dog without bending my knees, and forget one one-legged poses.

This was me about 10 years ago (I feel old saying that :P )

Than I got into modern dancing and I got thought a few tricks to stay stable. I always thought it was because my vestibular isn't that well developed. I'm still not the perfect picture of balance, but I don't fall down every two steps I take, AND I can stand on one leg for more than two seconds :D 

A few exercises that helped me if you're interested:

Spoiler

1) Stand on both feet, a little more than hip width apart. Place your hands on your hips. Gradually shift your hips towards one of your feet, so your weight will shift there as well. When your other feet comes slightly off the ground, you shift back to the other feet. The most important part is to let your hips do the work. If they move, the rest of your body will follow. And do it very, very slowly.

2) Stand with your feet hip width apart. You are going to shift your weight forward by bending your knees a little. Keep you hands on your hips to keep them straight. Your torso should keep standing straight on your hips. No hanging back or forth. When you feel your heels leave the ground a little, you shift back. Keep your knees a little bend. When all your weight is on your heels and your toes start to leave the ground you shift forward again.

When you mastered these two you can make it more difficult: take the first exercise, but now extend your arms to the side. Twist your elbows back and upward a little. This will lift your chest. Clench your core (lower abdomen and your butt). Shift back and forth like in the second exercise until you feel you're standing on your whole feet: equal weight on the front and back of your foot. Than you start to shift side wards, and when one of your feet starts to leave the ground keep it up for a few seconds. If you loose balance adjust how your feet stands on the floor, twist your elbows back up again, clench your core and keep your chest up.

Last one: Walking. Walk in a straight line. Before you start check: is your chest up, your core clenched,  your weight equally distributed over your feet? Start walking. Every step you take you move your hips forwards, not side wards. Keep you head high and pretend you're a bitch confident individual and everyone should just move out of your way. It feels a bit awkward at first. But over time it will feel more natural. And besides not falling that much, you'll look and feel more confident. 

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

22 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Following because it's you and yoga emoji3.png

Sent from the dragon's lair

Aw shucks, thanks!

21 hours ago, LadyShello said:

What a cute rexy.  This seems like a really smart way to tackle a busy and stressful month.  

I fell in love. I never bought a shirt so fast!

21 hours ago, maegs said:

following :) Rexy is super cute!

Glad to have you! He's so cute, I wish he was a plushy

16 hours ago, Terah said:

Following!

This was me about 10 years ago (I feel old saying that :P )

Than I got into modern dancing and I got thought a few tricks to stay stable. I always thought it was because my vestibular isn't that well developed. I'm still not the perfect picture of balance, but I don't fall down every two steps I take, AND I can stand on one leg for more than two seconds :D 

A few exercises that helped me if you're interested:

Thank you!! I am going to use these!! Also, I think I'm older than you if that helps :) we never stop growing.

14 hours ago, deftona said:

Oooh, I have a yoga buddy! Following along :D

Yes! I like having a buddy! 

12 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

Great T-shirt!  :D  Good luck with your challenge!

I can't wait for it to arrive!! Thank you!!!

7 hours ago, Ensi said:

Following a fellow yogi! ;) 

Yay! Thanks! I welcome suggestions!!

3 hours ago, AthenaMM said:

I've been doing yoga for a while and I just now got to the point where I can do downward dog without bending my knees and even then I can't do it every time. I've made a lot of progress in other poses, but for some reason the progress was very slow for that one.

Yes! Progress is slow and not always a linear progress, but that's part of what I love. It's not easy, and not boring. Even poses I can do, I find myself trying to improve and really relax my face while I do it. Lol

• Like 3

Today was a MIGHTY day. I walked two miles, did core work and arms, and struggled through yoga. It was harder today than usual. I was a total Rex.  Afterwards, I took my frustration out on a bush and small tree that needed to come out. MIGHTY !!

I am hoping to sleep well tonight! Tomorrow Is a more sedentary day, but I plan to do some cardio and yoga tomorrow. I did enjoy having a day off today, but alas, bunnies don't draw themselves. :) 

• Like 7
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:07 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I found this design on Threadless. I think I need this Tyrannosaurus Shirt. T-Shirt. Hehehehehehe1272x920design_01.jpg

Oh man, Rexy and I have so much in common, except I don't have tiny arms, and I am no quitter. We do share a lack of flexibility and balance that is pretty hilarious. I love yoga. I can't do triangle pose without a chair, I can't do downward facing dog without bending my knees, and forget one one-legged poses.

So for this challenge, I'll work in my balance, strength and flexibility and really enjoy practicing yoga and never give up. I'm also buying that tshirt. No spreadsheets or grades.  I either do it or I storm off like Rexy. November is a hectic month for me. Lots of good things happening, but also some stressful things, and So... simple is good. Have a great challenge everyone! 

What a fun theme! What're you using for a yoga program?

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Laghail said:

What a fun theme! What're you using for a yoga program?

Thanks!! Right now, I have a bunch of Rodney Yee tapes. They are good for beginners. I'm also doing body weight and dumb bell exercises, and working on balance and stretching in the morning and evenings.  Suggestions are welcome! 

20 hours ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

This is the coolest t-shirt ever. Following because yoga and also because Rexy is awesome. :-)

Hi!! Welcome! I am so excited for the tshirt to arrive!!! 

• Like 2

Yesterday, I helped mom and dad work in the yard for a couple hours. I ended up getting tangled in some jagger bushes and I might have pulled a stomach muscle pulling out another bush. Yup. Definitely pulled something. Today I am walking to warm up before some gentle stretches, then resting and focusing on work for a while. Tomorrow will be a workout day. 

I've been playing Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I am taking a break from that too, because I have CRAZY dreams when I play that at night. What a fun game though! It reminds me of the original Zelda in that you can explore and do a lot in a non-sequential order. 

I'm going to spend the rest of my 30 minutes googling Rexy images. :). Have a great day!!

• Like 7
On 10/24/2016 at 6:26 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Afterwards, I took my frustration out on a bush and small tree that needed to come out. MIGHTY !!

On 10/26/2016 at 10:10 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I might have pulled a stomach muscle pulling out another bush.

The bushes are fighting back.  Didn't they fight back last year too?   You should probably let someone know next time you go out there.  You know, just in case you don't come back.  Or bring a buddy.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:53 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Thanks!! Right now, I have a bunch of Rodney Yee tapes. They are good for beginners. I'm also doing body weight and dumb bell exercises, and working on balance and stretching in the morning and evenings.  Suggestions are welcome! 

No suggestions per se - if Rodney Yee is comfortable and the positions and flow is good, just enjoy. I'm hardly in a place where I'm bored with the routines I'm following, more just trying to get the individual poses perfect and get used to the transitions. But Amazon video, HULU, and youtube have a wealth of free variety if you need to change it up.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:10 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm going to spend the rest of my 30 minutes googling Rexy images. :). Have a great day!!

Plz share the results! I have a rexy lifting shirt I'll post one of these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyShello said:

The bushes are fighting back.  Didn't they fight back last year too?   You should probably let someone know next time you go out there.  You know, just in case you don't come back.  Or bring a buddy.  

THEY DID FIGHT BACK LAST YEAR! This year was better in that I have only 3 poison ivy bumps, but I have a lot of welts from the thorns. I need to buy men's leather gloves. All the ladies leather gloves are child-size. Seriously, who has tiny hands like that?

Oh Wait...Rexy does!

T-Rex-hand-clap-fail1.jpg

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

No suggestions per se - if Rodney Yee is comfortable and the positions and flow is good, just enjoy. I'm hardly in a place where I'm bored with the routines I'm following, more just trying to get the individual poses perfect and get used to the transitions. But Amazon video, HULU, and youtube have a wealth of free variety if you need to change it up.

Plz share the results! I have a rexy lifting shirt I'll post one of these days.

I found a bunch by this one artist. And I died laughing, so they'll be shared throughout the challenge. I gotta find the artist to give them credit. :D Rexy cracks me up.  I also understand what you mean about the boredom. I feel that way when I have to walk on a treadmill or a loop.

trex-trying-comic-drawings-hugh-murphy2.

3 minutes ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

Ouch, I hope you're not in too much pain right now. 

I used to have the craziest dreams when I played Majora's Mask... what a weird game. But still my LoZ favorite. :P

Oh man, that is a definitely crazy dream game. I haven't beaten it yet. I find I get super frustrated with the time limits! But it's super crazy and cool.

Yesterday was a great day off. I drank lots of tea, and realized that I DON'T like the Vanilla Almond tea after all. I'm going to see if my cousin wants it. :) We're always giving away tea to each other. "Here, I hated this. You try it!"

Today it's back to the usual. Working out, running errands, ogling the Microsoft Surface Studio (Not buying, just ogling. seriously, this ad is amazing)

I totally lost track of time today! Back to putting the alarm back on. I really enjoyed the 30 minute limit from last challenge. I got a lot more done, and I didn't feel that stress of "Oh shit, I didn't get anything done today!"

I still want to lose weight. And I bought a giant bag of candy today. I just thought while I was in the store: I need to embrace the belief that I have options and that losing weight is not a punishment for being a horrible mess. So often I think "I can't do this. I'm not allowed to do this" and all these restrictions of "permitted" and "forbidden" just draw out the rebellious goddess of vengeance that binge eats and casts hellfire on everyone around her. So I'm removing all the restrictions.  I've decided to simply ask myself this question "What do I want?"  It's an effective way to remind myself that my "rebellions" are against a fictitious empire of rules and structure of my creation, and that I'm the one ultimately responsible for choosing and the consequences of that choice. So I'm throwing out the rules, and I'm just going to kinda record this journey of trying to become awesome at yoga, and a healthier me without making it a process to suffer through.

t-rex-fail_o_884314.jpg

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Seriously, who has tiny hands like that?

The women's gloves are usually too big for me... It's the only part of my  body that fits into an xxs ;):D 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Gotta recommend Yoga with Adrien to you! I started with her videos a year ago (I've been doing yoga for one year three months now, woah) and her videos are perfect for learning the postures and doing gentle yoga in an easy pace. Give it a try; she has a couple of programmes (30 days of yoga, Yoga Camp) that are awesome! And she's very real, it's fun to follow her videos :D

• Like 4

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

13 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I still want to lose weight. And I bought a giant bag of candy today. I just thought while I was in the store: I need to embrace the belief that I have options and that losing weight is not a punishment for being a horrible mess. So often I think "I can't do this. I'm not allowed to do this" and all these restrictions of "permitted" and "forbidden" just draw out the rebellious goddess of vengeance that binge eats and casts hellfire on everyone around her. So I'm removing all the restrictions.  I've decided to simply ask myself this question "What do I want?"  It's an effective way to remind myself that my "rebellions" are against a fictitious empire of rules and structure of my creation, and that I'm the one ultimately responsible for choosing and the consequences of that choice. So I'm throwing out the rules, and I'm just going to kinda record this journey of trying to become awesome at yoga, and a healthier me without making it a process to suffer through.

I also have to say that this is such a wise way to look at your health journey! Last month, I started seeing myself as my own leader: I don't create restrictions to myself, but I lead myself within guidelines that will take me where I want to go. I think that what you write means that you're ready to take an active role in your journey: you'll go where you want, instead of avoiding things that are set in your way. I'm curious to see where you're going! :)

• Like 4

-:*~ Journal ~*:-