Snarkyfishguts Yogas like a T-Rex

Snarkyfishguts

I am really sorry to hear about your mom Snarky but from what you say the chances of it being benign are really high so try not to worry. I hope you get an answer soon so you can celebrate the good news! 

Sending huge amounts of love your way.

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Mom's second test is scheduled for next week. They said there's evidence of something that is larger than her last mammogram, which is why she has to go in. Not great news, but I am not going to worry (much) until after the test. 

so... Trump won. Honestly I can't wrap my head around it. I'm disappointed and concerned. That's an understatement. 

I'll be back in a week after Mom's test result. I'll let you know how it went and give you a challenge update. This isn't how I thought it would be, but I'm doing my best.

• Like 4

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your mom <3

38 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

so... Trump won. Honestly I can't wrap my head around it. I'm disappointed and concerned. That's an understatement

There are plans made in the Yak's head for US doodlies to move to Europe.

The worst political discussion here at the moment is the skin color of black Pete. You will be save here. 

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

I am back! We went to Las Vegas, and it was a great vacation away from all the worrying stuff. We also got a chance to talk about our concerns with the "What ifs" and all the tests Mom and Dad have going on. Talking about it made us realize no matter what, we can get through whatever the results bring. The good news is before thanksgiving, we'll have results and know if this is the end of a scare, or the beginning of a longer journey.

Las Vegas is pretty cool! There's a LOT to do, and we crossed off quite a few items off of Dad's visual bucket list, which was GREAT. The only thing I didn't realize is that smoking is allowed almost everywhere, and so I felt just slightly ill all the time. My poison ivy went out of control in Vegas too, so I ended up in a minute clinic where I got a prescription for 14 days of prednisone. I didn't have any contact with poison ivy, but the rash spread like crazy, my arm swelled up like Popeye, and I was in a lot of pain. Now, the rash is healing, the swelling is gone, and I'll be right as rain in no time. We think that the oil from the poison ivy got on my bathrobe, so my mother is being a saint and washing it for me so I don't have to touch it. We also agreed as a family that I am forbidden to weed the poison ivy section of the yard.

The good things: we saw Mat Franco the magician while we were there, and my parents surprised me with my own room and flowers for my birthday! And while we ate really delicious, rich food, I didn't gain weight because we walked about 8 miles a day. :-) SO much better than walking around the neighborhood loop, but we also realized we can push ourselves a lot further than we have been. Mom really wanted to see the show "O" which was beautiful (but noisy! wear earplugs!) and we ate at all of Dad's favorite restaurants. What was really nice is that most people were super considerate of Dad walking with a cane. I came away from the whole trip feeling really good about people in general. I didn't realize how cynical I was becoming.

I loved  the Bellagio fountains. I could watch them for hours. There was one time where I missed the end of a fountain show because I noticed someone behind me getting a blowjob from a "street performer" I feel like I got the full Vegas experience after that. My parents laughed so hard  when I told them why I wasn't looking at the fountains at the end.

Lesson learned from this vacation is that time away is good, and saying that traveling to work conferences is my vacation is a load of shit. :)  taking a week off to just relax, escape and recharge was awesome. Now we're back and reality waits for us, but it's not so overwhelming anymore. We can handle whatever comes. The OTHER  good news is that the Handsome Texan and I are talking more, and I got hired to make a christmas card for someone I don't even know! Things are looking up!

And did I practice yoga while I was gone? YOU BETCHA. I did a lot of hip stretching poses, and only missed two days when the poison ivy was really getting ugly. YAY! High Fives!!!

Also shameless plug for my friend who made this AWESOME shirt that I bought, but he has to sell 4 more before it can be MINE.. MUWHHAHAHAAH....

PatLewis-TacoHeaven-athblue.jpg

• Like 6

Today I am starting to feel some side effects of the Prednisone. Bruising, nausea, dry skin, sweating, insomnia and weight gain! Yup. I'm feeling pretty great right now. :P but the poison ivy is still healing and has a way to go, so womp womp. It's all a part of the healing process. So much better than being in pain and having Popeye arms.

No yoga today. I'm just sitting in my chair getting some work done for a client. I'm pretty beat, but I think by tomorrow I'll feel better enough to continue on the journey :) What do we have left in this challenge? A week?  That's doable. Plus with all the family stuff happening, what a great opportunity to practice self-care and stress-relief techniques that aren't food-related. :D 

have a great day everyone!

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Lesson learned from this vacation is that time away is good, and saying that traveling to work conferences is my vacation is a load of shit.

Sounds like a great time!  I'm glad you got a chance to get away.  And this is a great lesson.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Wait WAIT!!!  I have to tell you THE BEST THING EVER!!! No bad news today. Just this:

My almost 6 year old nephew made a comic book for me called Super Aunty Doesn't Return. And it's all about Super Aunty being away while the world is ransacked with monsters and fire but she arrives in the nick of time to save the day! And everyone is happy and it was AWESOME. we drew pictures together afterwards, and..

MY NEPHEW SAID I'M A SUPERHERO!!!

An unreliable one apparently. But seriously, he LOVES superheroes so the fact that I'm  a superhero and there's suspense and action. You guys.... My heart is FULL.

• Like 6

Awwww~ <3 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

19 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Wait WAIT!!!  I have to tell you THE BEST THING EVER!!! No bad news today. Just this:

My almost 6 year old nephew made a comic book for me called Super Aunty Doesn't Return. And it's all about Super Aunty being away while the world is ransacked with monsters and fire but she arrives in the nick of time to save the day! And everyone is happy and it was AWESOME. we drew pictures together afterwards, and..

MY NEPHEW SAID I'M A SUPERHERO!!!

An unreliable one apparently. But seriously, he LOVES superheroes so the fact that I'm  a superhero and there's suspense and action. You guys.... My heart is FULL.

That is very neat and very cool that a 6 year old made a comic.  That boy must have talent.  I

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

That's amazing!! Congratulations! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

That is great news!  I am so happy to hear that!  

• Like 1

Spoiler