Animuse gets her act together... sort of?

animuse

I remembered!

tumblr_lyio34LZ1s1qbhvin.jpg

... I'm a week early ...!

6c906b6c7b5c3ccd35a51def97dc49d65533bd6d_hq.gif

Ah well, let's get a little ahead, shall we? ^_^

1. New workout schedule!

tumblr_nibeirfXio1u1pyl6o10_400.gif

Su - Lift day: Deadlift and arm focus

M - Cardio Day

Tu - Rest or Light (Parkour practice, yoga, or tai chi)

W - Lift day: Backsquat and pull-up focus

Th - Rest or Light (Parkour practice, yoga, or tai chi)

F - Lift day: Kettlebell and leg focus

S - PARKOUR!

Subject to changes as things shift around and such forth

2. Food! No more than 10g sugar per hour.

tumblr_n5jswlgyCf1rb2cnyo1_500.gif

I'm normally pretty good about this, but I need to refocus. I check in monthly with my previous PT and we go over what I'm working on for fitness/diet. He recommended upping my calories to 1800 to maintain weight, and per above that seems like it would work, but I'm noticing it's making sweets sneak back into my diet and I'm worried about weight creeping back on. So I may knock this down to 1700 as well and see how that goes. I'm trying to gain strength, so I need to figured out new and interesting ways to add more protein to my diet.

3. Ringy ding dings!

_squid_girl.jpg

I just got Olympic Rings, and I need to learn how/where to use them, and I'm not there yet (some anxiety about bringing them to the gym, and I can't find a good place at my house to practice with them yet). SO: Use the rings once a week. Bonus if I do something that amounts to exercise with them ^_^

LG: Touch the house!

IkaMusumeS2-Tantrum.gif

I believe this is also called domestic rangering, yes? At least 10 minutes a day. Tracking as a habit on Habitica.

Last week I started using Habitica, so I'm going to try to use it to help keep me accountable - I've been using friends/family to help with that, but realize I also need to learn to make myself accountable for myself too.

I'm also still working on less Facebook, but I'll be using Habitica for tracking that. No Facebook in the morning and no binging (more than 10 minutes)

Yeeeeah, let's do the thing! XD

tumblr_nk82xzFkaW1rr5vcmo1_500.gif

• Like 2

SQUID GIRL

How are you tracking your food intake? And working with the rings sounds awesome! They are definitely going to be a reward at some point in the future, but maybe you can figure out a way to hang them on a doorway somewhere? 

Following to watch you take over the world!

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

SQUID GIRL

How are you tracking your food intake? And working with the rings sounds awesome! They are definitely going to be a reward at some point in the future, but maybe you can figure out a way to hang them on a doorway somewhere? 

Following to watch you take over the world!

Yea Squid Girl! She's appropriate mainly because I like tentacly things ^_^

I've been using MyFitnessPal (same username, feel free to friend!). It has it's quirks but I can find most of everything or an equivalent. The hardest part was figuring out what # to set my calories o.o

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Such cute pics! 

Sounds like a good set of goals!  How do you like habitca so far?  Are you in a party?  I have been using it for a couple years now.

I just join the Tricerasister group and the Tea group (I looooooooooove tea!) And I JUST saw a monster for the first time yesterday :) Looking forward to leveling up through SCIENCEer I mean habits ^_^

Week 0 so far!

tumblr_nmd3kqYBmW1sgsmuuo3_500.gif

Workout:

Monday: TENTACLE TRIP HAZARD - ran late at work so didn't go to the gym :/ Did a paltry bit of cardio at home before bed

Tuesday: basically rest. We tried to run through the tai chi form, but that was 5 minutes. We've forgotten A LOT, whewps o.o

Wed: I used the 45lbs for back squat! On the assisted machine, and it's not my top weight, but I wasn't maxing out. Blew my arm muscles in assisted pullups at 60 assist (so...around 80lb?). I had tentacle noodle arms after that XD

Thursday: PT check in! Next one is late Nov., my measurements went down, I mentioned I couldn't get to 1800 without eating junk, so PT said don't do it then XD I mentioned I hadn't hit my deadlift max lately, so we reviewed it, and he only had a couple suggestions but then we did my max at 4x5 O_O Soooo that's no longer my max XD

Friday: gym did ok! I did new kettlebell exercises with my arms, which continue to still be tentacles, so pretty low weight, but may also be from this week's regimen

Sugar: Good so far! No foisted sweets yet though, which are my true nemesis o.o

RINGS: I've decided that since I just purchased rings, I need to USE THEM. Once a week. I was really considering the ring/ handstand package, was going to but them last night...and forgot ;_; So I'll have to go solo on this one.

House: Bleeeeegh, no new advancement on this habit yet :/

• Like 1

Saturday update: did parkour, and got our the rings! We mostly figured out how to set them up and played around with their balance. Also I'm getting better on my rolls (and my knee landed on my wrist, but no damage, whew).

• Like 1

Didn't go to the gym today... :

Did do a 7 mile hike onstead! I'll switch tomorrow's normal cardio day for lifting instead :)

• Like 1

Monday: Did a 3x5 of my (now former) deadlift max, so I'll try to hit 165 next Sunday :D

I did good on sugar for Halloween! Had one tiny sugar candy at Kaslik (awesome Mediterranean) and one dove dark chocolate, that one took me two hours to get through cause I was distracted, lol

Today is my boss battle at getting to the gym. I have a meeting at 6pm, so if I don't leave work right at 4-4:15 to go to the gym it won't happen. And Wednesday is squat/pullup day, which I want to do,

so MUST. GET. BOSS.

tumblr_m9jqnqrygY1rwqq0uo1_400.gif

• Like 2

Got it! And upped my squat max!

Squid-Girl-animated-gif-%E4%BE%B5%E7%95%A5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%AB%E5%A8%98-8.gif

Max was 115, today I did 5@95, 5@115, 5@120, 5@125, 10@115. And now my legs are like wobbly rocks @_@

• Like 2

Yesterday I dinged my sugar max (boss offered Starbucks, but they didn't non sugar my order. Took me a few hours to get through it, luckily London Fogs are fairly light sugar minutes the milk anyhow). And didn't work out, but rest day.

Today is another boss battle for gym, not sure how to work out and get dinner before I have to table at an event tonight... might get skipped for time practicality :/

• Like 1

Update for this week (counting Monday as start day)

1. Workout schedule - xoxoxx = A-! I didn't exercise on the two rest days, so no bonus for that. Tomorrow may be hard (my dad's in town, since my brother works overnights we always get breakfast, which is when we normally go to the gym), but I did hit two boss battles this week - I had to go from work to somewhere at 6 both days (1st Wednesdays I facilitate a comic creator networking group, 1st Fridays I showcase games we've either made or in progress at the science center), and I was able to go to the gym for at least 1/2 an hour those days! I'm hoping to try to up my max on deadlift tomorrow, if it works out.

tumblr_np3k63wMUF1tulcmho1_500.gif

2. Sugar = also A-! For that london fog ding this week, buuuuuut I haven't gone over 56g sugar this week. I had some ice cream tonight, but it was equivalent to maybe 1/8th cup? The key is that I can have sugary things, just in tiny doses.

giphy.gif

3. Ringadinging = D :< I brought them with me today, but the park we were at didn't have any place to set it up. Because I was strapped for time I didn't attempt it at the gym on Wednesday. Tomorrow is my last shot, and see above, so I'll have to come up with some way to hit rings tomorrow somehow... I just wish there was a place at my house to do so :/

639039026cbbd5ff25a3a9ce448bc8a5.jpg

LG: Touch the house = F - Nothiiiiiing -_-; I've been super swamped trying to get ready for the convention and the other events this week, so house has not been touched other than a minute or two here and there. I may unload the dishes tonight. I did well on this last week, but life is getting in the way >_<

6a74e9c678d51df1dfc69c00f43748ac.gif

• Like 1

Awesome - You're doing great with those workouts and keeping the sugar in check!

My domestic rangering has been suffering, too. I'm also getting ready for a convention and a cert exam while there. Life definitely gets in the way! Habitica helps - I have a 10 minute daily that sometimes gets done just before midnight... :)

Keep at it!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

18 minutes ago, ShadowLion said:

Awesome - You're doing great with those workouts and keeping the sugar in check!

My domestic rangering has been suffering, too. I'm also getting ready for a convention and a cert exam while there. Life definitely gets in the way! Habitica helps - I have a 10 minute daily that sometimes gets done just before midnight... :)

Keep at it!

My habitica is very red right now o.o But I have a lot of ToDos that are about to ding with the convention next week. I just have the domestic rangering as a habit, I should probably move it over :) 

• Like 1

Sunday turned out to be a no go :/ family + event prep for work = not enough time to get to the gym. Did do some pushups and assisted dips and planks at home to get something in.

BUT.

I have found the joy that is a hot knife (SO MANY THINGS I CAN DO WITH THIS - FOAM BEWARE MY HOT KNIFEY WRATH!) and also - did heavy lifting today instead and hit 160 on deadlift, new PR! Woot!

photo.jpg

With the convention this week I'm not sure how that's going to shake out - I may go to the gym early Friday since I'm off, but parkour is out the window Sat... on the other hand, we're going to glory of glories, the City Museum, on Sunday, so I will get a workout and get to see how much mobility I've gained in the past year :3

• Like 1

Good news, bad news...

Bad: The convention ate ALL of my time last week - didn't get to the gym on Wednesday, Friday, or parkour on Saturday. Also didn't get to go the City Museum (no one signed up, boo :< )

Also bad: Having a convention with a circus theme means popcorn and caramel and other not great things. I didn't do bad on calories, but I'm pretty sure sugar got knocked out on Friday and Saturday.

Good: Despite shark week attacking at 3am on Saturday, and getting a really late start on Sunday, we did go to the gym, I upped my deadlift PR again (165!)

Extra good: After parkour last week my brother and I had a conversation and I realized I was missing a vital piece of information. Tested it on Sunday at the gym and did WAY better on my rolls! Now I need to get the courage up for distance rolls.

More bad: Sugar got blown out by cookie at lunch (half dressing on salad still meant a bunch of sugar too). I'm still not doing bad, but it's not super great.

And more bad: Didn't touch the house except yesterday because of the convention, boo.

So my grade for last week is:

6a74e9c678d51df1dfc69c00f43748ac.gif

• Like 1

Let's put the weekly roundup into an organized fashion, please...

70d.gif

Part of the problem is that I can never remember day to day what I did, so I have to go check all my tracking o.o

Workout: Back on track after the convention, so at the gym S/M/W/F, went walking on Tuesday, I'm still sore from walking lunges w/50lb weight Friday, so stretching it as I remember throughout the day. That will be fun while doing deadlift tomorrow XD Also did parkour + rings (RINGS!), more on that below.

200w.gif

Sugar: 'Eh. It's not been so bad. I looked through this week and I have a few dings, but it's mostly from salad dressing, which I only do half, and it's hard to properly track that. Also the granola bars I get seem to be mislabeled in MFP, I got them because they're under 10g of sugar but they're all saying 11/12, so that's off. Part of that is also fruit in salad - fruit's good for you, but still pretty high sugar. A single banana falls out of my sugar range by more then double :/

Shinryaku-Ika-Musume-anime-rules-2871915

Rings: Did them today! I found the GMB 101 ring exercises, I didn't do the set but I did run through all the movements and got familiar with them (and I can mostly do them! Except dips. But I can do those assisted). The husband twisted his wrist wrong during the warmups ;_; but he says it's already better, he just couldn't use them after that.

giphy.gif

House Touch: Better! Have done some things, and we have a fireplace project planned for tomorrow. I'm thinking the con was the biggest barrier to that.

original.gif

Facebook: I've allowed myself some binge time yesterday, but I'm getting better about when I notice I stop doing it. Part of the problem was continuing to go long after I noticed and wanted to do something else. And other than checking in AM because of the parkour group today, I haven't checked it in the morning this week <3

Parkour: So, I'm getting better at rolls. Today I had the husband test me with the 360º test, ie, push me in a random direction and I need to roll in that directon. I was off on side rolls, but much better forward/backward (except when I noticed a terrain change behind me, then I became a turtle XD). I'm still crossing legs sometimes, but I think next time we'll do the class all the way through and see how it goes. Technically I guess I'm 6 weeks behind, but we wanted to make sure we got it before we continued. Husband hasn't really been doing them much though, and mentioned that he wants to re-evaluate his fitness goals (tbh, he didn't feel ready for the parkour, but is happy to come out and do warmups and things)

• Like 1

Sounds like your challenge is going really well even when you have a ton of other stuff to worry with! And WOOP for PRs! :D

There are a lot of problems with counting pure sugar, as there is with counting pure carbs, and fats. Eg, cutting out all nuts and fruit from your diet because you want to drop carbs and fats can be really difficult and mildly detrimental. Imo, I would focus more on negative processed sugars, rather than natural sugars, like fructose, which your bodies process in an entirely different way.

Ooh, sorry to the husbands wrist! I sometimes find that I can't do push ups or the ilk because my wrist will twinge, but later on that day I will be 100% okay. Need to find out the reason for that, and probably work on strengthening and conditioning my wrists ...

Yay for parkour success! I always seem to find people brushing off the roll as easy, but it's a struggle, and there are a lot of problems people fall into (pun not intended), and then think are doing right. I'm still trying to get my forward roll to not go straight over my back (darn secondary school PE lessons). 

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Congrats on the PRs and the parkour progress! You had a very good week!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

So with the Ranger mini challenge I'm gonna have to double down this week >_

Exercise this week:

xxooooo

Sugar this week:

xxooooo

Rings:

o

Touch house:

ooooooo (I'll double time today to make up for yesterday)

• Like 1

Exercise this week:

xxxoooo - we did yoga yesterday! Hadn't done that in a while. It was harder than I thought o.o

Sugar this week:

xxxoooo - s'ok so far - did not get starbucks like I wanted to, so no milk sugars :3

Rings:

o - not yet!

Touch house:

xxooooo - forgot I did laundry on Monday, dishes yesterday, will probably clean a bit tonight.

Apparently StarCraft has turkeys in it's mutations for co-op, we're gonna go investigate XD

• Like 1

Exercise this week:

xxxxooo - today is a rest day, but I was able to hold Crow pose for a count of 8, so slowly progressing on that.

Sugar this week:

xxxxooo - TAKE THAT, THANKSGIVING! I had a oatmeal cookie at lunch and a bite of pumpkin pie, and at dinner I had some strawberries, a sliver of cinnamon roll apple thing, a sliver of blackberry, and some cool whip, all of which ended up being about a quarter of a cup in size. Whew o.o 

Rings:

o - not yet!

Touch house:

xxxxooo - Hitting laundry tonight. Was reminded that I'm hosting a kitty wake on Saturday, so massive cleaning will take place in the next couple of days anyhow.

• Like 1