Ella 4 Keeps

Vibrantella

Sounds like a fun week and you still made progress, so yeah! Kickass!

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

On 11/21/2016 at 8:11 AM, Vibrantella said:

The positives of this week have been family, friends, culture and sightseeing.  Some of the highlights include hosting a huge dinner party, visiting my nephew to meet his young baby boy, seeing an opera on stage with my other nephew in one of the major roles, and visiting Canterbury cathedral for the first time.  Actually, it was a brilliant week! :D 

Yay! Canterbury! <3 This whole thing sounds awesome. For me, all the socializing would be more challenging than the challenge itself. I'm impressed! :D

• Like 1

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

OK, it's almost the end of the challenge!  This one has been hard, as there were several breaks in service, so to speak; yet successful, as I have kept returning to it, even though I made mistakes (wow, does this mean I'm not actually perfect? ;) )

I will update the food and walking after the week actually finishes, but for now I'm happy to report that I've been strictly ketogenic this week.

I completed the 3 kettlebell and 2 gym workouts as planned! :D 

Starting to think about the next challenge - not sure how it will work, it seems to be covering Christmas and NYE.  Well, I'll still be continuing with the fitness goals - I suppose my goal there is to make them habits.  It does happen - the other day my OH stayed home sick, but when he started feeling better he texted me offering to pick me up from work by car, as it was cold and wet.  I said thanks, but I'm walking home...  I am the one who walks! :D  I also want to be someone who lifts weights, and someone who moves/exercises every day.  There's still work to be done there, both to firm up my Mon-Fri, but also to become active on weekends.  Maybe adding a yoga session on a Sunday would help...?

• Like 3

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

35 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

I am the one who walks! :D  I also want to be someone who lifts weights, and someone who moves/exercises every day.  There's still work to be done there, both to firm up my Mon-Fri, but also to become active on weekends.  Maybe adding a yoga session on a Sunday would help...?

Sounds great!

Plus this last week have been going well so far. So awesome job there!

I know what my next challenge must hold. It is doing it that will be the challenge. XD

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Way to go! Stay true and finish strong!! As for the holidays, they do tend to throw a wrench in the works (here in the states, they're well underway already :angry:). But that's also when we typically need the motivation and accountability the most. As you point out, you're building good habits already – just be ready for a few extra challenges!

• Like 1

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

Here is how the last challenge week went, officially:

1.  Eat keto with IF; weekly average of 20 g carbs and 75 g protein per day, plus fat to satiety

I had to dial down my food a lot, considering the excesses of previous weeks; CARBS: 16, PROTS: 68

2.  HIIT with kettlebells at home 3 x week (M/W/F)

Good week, with full 3 workouts

3.  Lift in a gym 2 x week (T/Th), one of those with a PT

Both done, and it seems that my body is getting used to hard/strength exercise.

Bonus:  walking to work, AKA Mordor...

This week I covered 35.93 km

Whole challenge summary:  tough, but, on the whole, successful because I returned to it even after a setback/fail (or two)

I'm particularly pleased with the setting up of regular gym sessions (in the past, I had so many excuses; no time, too far away, too hard/heavy for me, it's not working, don't like the changing room, the shower's too cold...).  My original plan was to join the gym for 3 months only - learn how to lift weights safely, then invest into my own setup at home, thus saving time and money.  If I want to cancel the gym, I have to give them 1 month's notice, so I must decide in the next two days (I would still continue to go in December, my third month).  I think I'm going to continue a bit longer, though.  At least the winter months.  I like this gym! :D 

About the next challenge, it's going to stay mostly the same, with possible additions of more exercise (yoga would be nice!).  I think I'm going to stay with the Druids, as I feel I belong here, with all the energy work, Reiki, meditation and EFT that I do.  Although I might be able to learn something from the Warrior guild...?  Either way, I'll link to my new challenge here.

Thanks everyone for your support, advice and cheering - I couldn't have done it without this community!

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that I also handed in my first assignment on time, and to reward myself I bought Civ 4!  Yes, not the new Civ 6 that I was coveting - when I did a search for it, after my assgnt, all the old versions popped up as well, and this one was less than £2.50 (whilst the new one is £45).  Not that I can't afford it, but the cheapo Civ 4 was new to me as well, so I decided to amuse myself with that one instead and keep the new one for Xmas (or even later, for the successful completion of the first year of my MA).  I haven't regretted this decision, as I'm having a lot of fun! :D

• Like 3

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

Wow, wow, wow!

You've done such a great job. Seriously.

Sounds like this gym is working for you. Don't fix what isn't broken, isn't that what they say? I think it is a good idea to continue since you enjoy it and like the gym. Although I definitely see the benefit of working out from home (I always workout from home).

3 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

I forgot to mention that I also handed in my first assignment on time, and to reward myself I bought Civ 4!  Yes, not the new Civ 6 that I was coveting - when I did a search for it, after my assgnt, all the old versions popped up as well, and this one was less than £2.50 (whilst the new one is £45).  Not that I can't afford it, but the cheapo Civ 4 was new to me as well, so I decided to amuse myself with that one instead and keep the new one for Xmas (or even later, for the successful completion of the first year of my MA).  I haven't regretted this decision, as I'm having a lot of fun! :D

Fun for a seriously good price! :D

• Like 1

What a great week, and a great way to finish the challenge!! If you like the gym and find it motivating, then I suggest you stick with it a little longer. As you go, though, maybe little by little start picking up some of the things you need to build your home practice. Then, if you decide to leave the gym later, you'll have a smoother transition.

And congrats on the reward. I'm not much of a gamer, but I like the civ-type games too – the hard part, of course, is dragging me away once I get started!

• Like 2

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |