Waldgeist enters the Praxeum [#17]

Waldgeist

November 2016 Challenge

Hello Druids, for those of you who don't know. I'm Waldgeist, a 29 year old German guy. I've been mostly rolling with the Assassins but I feel that for my current situation this is the better place for me.

Whats going on right now (the prologue, if you will): I moved to another state/city and enrolled in a university course to pursue a 3-year degree in 'Physical Activity & Health', because I was not happy with were my work life was headed. I had realized that I can't sustainably work an 9 to 5 office job, but I love working with people and teaching them/helping them to get better. Therefore, I decided to not just complain but make an actual change. The journey so far wasn't easy, there were times I thought I wouldn't make it, but I did and my new life officially started last week.

Also I am living completely alone again for the first time in three years, which I don't mind but that gives me more options to live healthier. There is a lot to do, like get a part-time job, make new friends, finish moving (most of my stuff is still in my hometown), explore the city/college, not to mention the obvious, study, work out, eat healthy and don't let life get to stressful at the same time.

Theme: This will be the Jedi Academy books including I Jedi (though they are no longer canon, they still have a special place in my heart).

Main goal: Establish routines in a new environment

Yavin-4-Jedi-Academy.jpg

Quest 1 "Study the the Force by its elements" GMB Elements

I've done this programme before and it is a perfect base to establish an active practice routine. Goal is to do at least 3 sessions per week, bonus points if i do the recovering days in between sessions, too.

Quest 2 "A Jedi must control his body as well as his mind"  Flexibility

This kind of overlaps with the first quest, since there is flexibility work in there, too. But I don't want to limit myself to those stretches. Goal is to do at least 4 sessions per week.

Quest 3 "Working out with Keiran Halcyon" KB/bodyweight  Workout

Don't have my equipment right now, so this might be limited to push-ups and squats only for a while. Anyway, twice a week is the Goal here.

Quest 4 "To be One with the Force" Relax

As I mentioned above there is a lot going on right now, which means I need to remind myself to relax, be thankful, not to worry too much etc. Daily would be perfect, but I know myself so every second day shall be the Goal.

Quest 5 "Jedi do not desire a luxurious life" Do IF & Eat clean

My budget isn't that large anyway at the moment, so this shouldn't be too hard. After all, healthy cooking is way cheaper than eating unhealty pre-made stuff and not eating for a day (aka IF) is even cheaper, even if you eat a slightly bigger meal at the end of the fast. Goal is daily healthy eating with one or two IF days a week, but a small treat a week or two won't be counted as unhealty.

jedi-medit.jpg

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

Man "I, Jedi" was fantastic. Michael Stackpole broke so many of the expanded universe conventions with Corran Horn, but it was a great push for the Jedi sub-genre. He brought elements of crime noir into what is usually a by-the-numbers space opera, and tied in elements from the videogame game universe into the fiction. I have a pipe dream of Disney looting the book for a star wars film version of "I, Jedi" on day. I figure if marvel can crank out 3+ movies a year, there's plenty of room to develop the SW franchise outside the main plot.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:47 AM, Waldgeist said:

Main goal: Establish routines in a new environment

What is your new environment?

• Like 1
On 24.10.2016 at 8:15 PM, Sunmage said:

welcome around!

I love Jedi stuff!

Soll ich das -e im Titel verschwinden lassen? ;)

I fixed it myself. Danke!

On 25.10.2016 at 5:06 PM, Laghail said:

Man "I, Jedi" was fantastic. Michael Stackpole broke so many of the expanded universe conventions with Corran Horn, but it was a great push for the Jedi sub-genre. He brought elements of crime noir into what is usually a by-the-numbers space opera, and tied in elements from the videogame game universe into the fiction. I have a pipe dream of Disney looting the book for a star wars film version of "I, Jedi" on day. I figure if marvel can crank out 3+ movies a year, there's plenty of room to develop the SW franchise outside the main plot.

What is your new environment?

A movie, or even better, a series would've been great. But highly unlikely with the storyline from Episode VII....

I refer you to my finished intro post! I copied it into the spoilers, for convenience, though:

Spoiler

Whats going on right now (the prologue, if you will): I moved to another state/city and enrolled in a university course to pursue a 3-year degree in 'Physical Activity & Health', because I was not happy with were my work life was headed. I had realized that I can't sustainably work an 9 to 5 office job, but I love working with people and teaching them/helping them to get better. Therefore, I decided to not just complain but make an actual change. The journey so far wasn't easy, there were times I thought I wouldn't make it, but I did and my new life officially started last week.

Also I am living completely alone again for the first time in three years, which I don't mind but that gives me more options to live healthier. There is a lot to do, like get a part-time job, make new friends, finish moving (most of my stuff is still in my hometown), explore the city/college, not to mention the obvious, study, work out, eat healthy and don't let life get to stressful at the same time.

On 28.10.2016 at 9:44 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Ohai, good to see you! So what are your first impressions of uni?

Exciting content, although some of the basics can be a bit.....hm, uninteresting is the wrong word. But like you know there is more interesting stuff coming soon. A lot of new people, obviously. Lots of them women. We've got our own campus, so no other subjects are taught here. I had a rocky start because I couldn't find an appartment (I actually moved in on the first day of classes), and because you were supposed to register for classes a week earlier, I wasn't registered for anything. Now, I spent the first two weeks pestering the professors to manually register me, which was not a problem for the lecture-style classes with a hundred-or-so people, but for the smaller seminars it took some persuasion (but now I'm all set...... I hope).

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

Week 0 Update

I did start only  midweek, so don't expect 100%. :P

Quest 1 "Study the the Force by its elements" GMB Elements

GMB: 1/3, no bonus points :(

Quest 2 "A Jedi must control his body as well as his mind"  Flexibility

Stretching: 0/4

Quest 3 "Working out with Keiran Halcyon" KB/bodyweight  Workout

Workouts: 2/2 (did only push-ups both times, but still counts!)

Quest 4 "To be One with the Force" Relax

Relax: 0/7

Quest 5 "Jedi do not desire a luxurious life" Do IF & Eat clean

Clean eating: 4/7 (i had a little nougat, which falls under the one indulgence clause)

IF: 1/2

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

2 hours ago, Waldgeist said:

Exciting content, although some of the basics can be a bit.....hm, uninteresting is the wrong word. But like you know there is more interesting stuff coming soon. A lot of new people, obviously. Lots of them women. We've got our own campus, so no other subjects are taught here. I had a rocky start because I couldn't find an appartment (I actually moved in on the first day of classes), and because you were supposed to register for classes a week earlier, I wasn't registered for anything. Now, I spent the first two weeks pestering the professors to manually register me, which was not a problem for the lecture-style classes with a hundred-or-so people, but for the smaller seminars it took some persuasion (but now I'm all set...... I hope).

Wouldn't be right without a setback here and there. ;) Hope the lectures pick up soon, and that you'll share any interesting tidbits!

• Like 1

Well, this challenge didn't go as planned......

On the positive side (ignoring the fact that I totally abandoned the forums) I did very well with three goals (#3-5 to be exact) and life in general went  good for the most parts these last weeks, too.

Ah, get'em next time, tiger, right?

• Like 1

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme