Phoenix Burning Gets a Bit Fit

Everstorm

On 11/20/2016 at 5:52 PM, RedStone said:

Oh, that's interesting that you bring this up, I'm doing something like that this year! Monday thru Weds will be protein & fat heavy with lighter carbs. I expect to come in shy of maintenance, but that's not specifically the intention, so we'll see :)  I keep careful records of weight and measurements so I'll let ya'll know how this goes! Especially energy for workouts...

Good luck with returning to TKD!!! Hope it's triumphant!!

That's an interesting take on it.  I wonder if going low carb the days before would make the carvings worse for me, though.

I did the thing, and I lived!  I felt kind of sluggish, but it didn't aggravate my cough, so I am taking it as a good sign to move forward.  Fortunately, the class was mostly composed of children and one grandfather, so it wasn't too demanding.  Just what I needed for my first day back.  And, AND I broke two boards (simultaneously) for the first time.

• Like 5

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Finally I have a chance to catch up with you! Sorry to hear things have been crappy health wise, but glad to hear you are slowly getting back into doing stuff.

I can totally sympathize with the stomach issues. Here's hoping your doctor is better than mine was. Before I found out I was lactose intolerant, I had a nightmare trying to convince doctors I had an actual problem. One actually said to me "what are you expecting me to do for you". Um, I don't know? How about help me find out why I'm in constant pain! *rage-stroke* In the end, I gave up with the doctors, kept a food diary, put myself on an exclusion diet and figured out it was lactose causing the problem. 

14 hours ago, Phoenix Burning said:

And, AND I broke two boards (simultaneously) for the first time.

This is so awesome. Well done!

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

On 11/21/2016 at 7:31 PM, Phoenix Burning said:

And, AND I broke two boards (simultaneously) for the first time.

YAY! Congrats!!! This sounds like a might triumphant return indeed. :D 

Just a quick and very late update:

I passed my green belt test with flying colors.  In fact, the secretary-general of UITF was there, and said my skill was at a level "you just don't see" at my rank.  She encouraged me to start thinking about trying out for the World's Championship USA team in 2019.:blink:

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

That's amazing! Well done!

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"