A New Official Enters the Field

Hey folks!  I am A Grue, and I'm looking to treat my body better.  Currently, I'm a Level 2 roller derby NSO (non-skating official), and I'm training to become a skating official / referee.  My goals are pretty straightforward, if not simple.  I'd like to get the speed and reaction time needed to follow highly variable game play on the outside.  I also want the strength and stamina needed to be an outside pack ref for both games of a double header.  And finally, and most important if least relevant to skating, I want to get a handle on my gastroparesis and actually stick to the myriad dietary restrictions that come with it. 

For any of you who are interested in what I'm trying to do, here is last year's International Championship bout.  I don't know if I even want to ref outside of my home league, but this represents the top of the top of derby.

https://youtu.be/umGAlbit2iY?t=291

I'm going to back into hiding in the shadows now. 

Holtzmann is my copilot.

"have you ever thought 'i am not good enough to do this?' THATS THE SOUND OF YOUR REVERSE TWIN. do not listen. you are good enough to do this" - Chuck Tingle