Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Last Time:

tumblr_inline_o6onr4EgyG1sz2x5c_500.gif

 

F A I L. Not sure what happened. Time got all scrambled again. Brain is a bag of fish. Started taking supplement, it hasn't helped so far but it might still do something. Options will be re-evaluated once the supplement runs out, according to the results. In the meantime, time to get up and try again. again.

 

This Time:

tumblr_inline_o1av3v7DxZ1thkwmc_500.gif

 

Unfortunately for everyone who knows me, I finally saw Captain America: Civil War. Have not yet stopped screaming about Bucky. My brother is probably going to punch me through a wall if he hears me say 'Bucky', 'Avengers', 'Civil War' or 'Sebastian Stan' one more time. Bucky Barnes, man. Most personally relatable character since Merlin. Also utterly heartbreaking and everything about him makes me want to cry. Also gorgeous. Currently at the forefront of my ever-shifting lineup of most favorite/pondered/analyzed characters. Largely due to being the most recent to grab my attention. (Note: if anyone wants to shriek and flail or even actually calmly talk about anything related to Bucky or Civil War or anything of that sort (hell we can even talk about Jefferson) please. I'm here fo dat.)

 

Logical Course of Action: We bout ta do a Bucky Challenge.

tumblr_o587f7bxcq1v0vgefo1_250.gif

 

Spoiler

lm.gif?w=1075


The Set-Up

____________

 

It's become apparent this week that I'm on unsteady ground and will have to shrink my theme to suit. Gonna run this Challenge in two sections; Maintenance and Missions. (ERROR: currently in a quagmire again, not sure how this is going to go, will edit this for better stuff once I no longer feel like crying hysterically for no reason)

 

 

  • Like 9

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post

~ G O A L S ~

longingrustedseventeendaybreakfurnaceninebenignhomecomingonefreightcargoodmorningsoldier

 

Maintenance:

 

    Nutrition

  • 150 oz water per day
  • One cup of tea allowed per day, otherwise avoid sugar and caffeine.
  • Pay attention and actually eat some decent food every day. T_T

 

    Training

  • Exercise
  • Walking/Running (Exceptions: raining, away from home...)
  • ASL practice (the goal is to finish Rochelle Barlow's course, complete choreography for Saltlight)

 

    Recalibration

  • Use Protocols as-needed
  • Journals
  • Bible study

 

Missions:

  • Complete French 2
  • Complete Spanish 1
  • Complete Italian 1
  • Learn Cyrillic Alphabet
  • Memorize the dang times tables
  • Keep up with NaNoWriMo
  • Keep up with School Assignments
  •  

 

  • Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post

Bucky's fine, he's just in cryo freeze (of his own volition this time) till they can figure out how to free him of his hypnotic triggers. He's resting peacefully knowing the world (at least the one's who matter) knows he's really a good guy.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
46 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Bucky's fine

 

Yes. Yes he is. ;} (sorry)

 

51 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Bucky's fine, he's just in cryo freeze (of his own volition this time) till they can figure out how to free him of his hypnotic triggers. He's resting peacefully knowing the world (at least the one's who matter) knows he's really a good guy.

 

I don't fully understand why he needs to be in Cryo? He was doing okay on his own for, what was it, two years or so? Without causing any problems. He had a little apartment, was interacting with people enough to at least buy groceries, and it seems like he could've sustained that had he not been framed. It was only when threatened that he became dangerous, and again when those trigger words were used. But if the notebook is under lock and key, and there surely aren't hoards of people who know what words to use, shouldn't he be able to simply live in hiding without being frozen? (Especially in Wakanda with T'Challa actually on his side instead of trying to kill him.) Or they could enlist Wanda's help to figure things out. It seems to me that he's more likely to benefit from being around people who aren't HYDRA, continuing to work through his issues, than he is from being frozen. I mean, sure he needs rest, but it still seems harsh.

 

His choice though, true. Sad he felt it was necessary.

 

  • Like 3

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post

CIVIL WAR. That last battle between my dear Steve and my dear Tony absolutely ripped my poor little heart to shreds.

 

AND WHY DID BUCKY NOT GET HIS PLUMS??? WHY???

 

*cough cough*

 

I'll be okay ... we'll both be okay. I'm with you till ... well, you know when.  :-)

 

tumblr_static_4psdl8z65gqo4woooo88sw8o0. 

 

I hope your challenge is full of success and you find a way to get feeling better!!

  • Like 4

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

 

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 
 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Link to post

Bucky is awesome and so are you! Following!

 

tumblr_o934saUzoL1uwl6nzo1_1280.jpg

 

W0lf 

  • Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

 

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

 

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

 

Link to post
14 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

CIVIL WAR. That last battle between my dear Steve and my dear Tony absolutely ripped my poor little heart to shreds.

 

AND WHY DID BUCKY NOT GET HIS PLUMS??? WHY???

 

*cough cough*

 

I'll be okay ... we'll both be okay. I'm with you till ... well, you know when.  :-)

 

tumblr_static_4psdl8z65gqo4woooo88sw8o0. 

 

I hope your challenge is full of success and you find a way to get feeling better!!

 

I KNOW RIGHT? UGH. Boys. STOP. It was brutal. I thought Winter Soldier vs. Steve was horrid to watch but this...I think this was actually worse? So violent and angry, and them being friends, no less. And the whole idea of having to fight one best friend to save another. *weeps* I felt awful for everyone involved.

 

BUCKY NOT GETTING HIS PLUMS IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE WITH THIS MOVIE? LIKE? That poor man. I try to console myself with the headcanon that, at some point before he went back in Cryo, somebody brought him some plums.

 

*Whispers* 'til the end of the line, pal. *SOBS* :')

 

Thanks for the well wishes, mellon nin! ^_^

 

3 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Bucky is awesome and so are you! Following!

 

tumblr_o934saUzoL1uwl6nzo1_1280.jpg

 

W0lf 

 

holy crow that is some beautiful artwork. Thank you for posting that! :D Always lovely to have you, Wolf! Looking forward to following your thread, too! 

  • Like 4

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post

Miaulin's Weird Dreams

 

Just thought I'd post this one. It started out weird and uncomfortable. I think it was a church function. Something about prompts and envelopes, a game maybe? Whatever it was went on for a bit before I found myself alone with the church's resident Nicest Person Ever and some dude who kept mostly to himself in a chair to one side. Somehow wound up telling Nicest Person Ever about all my Bad Feelings/ThoughtsTM and how I really hate having to live with my sinful nature until further notice and would usually prefer to skip to the end in order to not have that anymore. She was...upset about this. Didn't hear the rest of that conversation. There was a general feeling of "Oh wait big mistake now she's gonna alert the fam"

 

But the scene changed at some point and it was yet another of those dreams where I'm trying to get somewhere, a definite destination, but without being clear exactly where that is. I was alone. Lots of fields, grass, hills. Was in something of a hurry but attempts to run didn't work out at all, barely moved in fact. Then it changed again, but more subtly. The land was farther away, and there seemed to be people and that was the destination but I was on some kind of natural stone formation. There was still grass, in patches, a few little white flowers. The stones were quite smooth, for the most part, and made for a somewhat curved upward slope. Whole thing was so steep and big I could only really see what was right in front, and was trying to climb it. Looked down and realized there was water going out in all directions- it's what separated the stone formation from the rest of the land. It was almost like a lake, except shallow enough to stand in. Which I proceeded to do. Thought it was a bit weird that I had shoes on, but it felt beyond amazing and I was distinctly aware of developing a fondness for that place as I continued to climb. Then wound up musing as to whether the word 'Avalon' applied because apparently my brain can't keep fandoms out of stuff.

 

Seriously the most peaceful dream I've ever had once the awkward uncomfortable part was over. <3

  • Like 3

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post

MIAULIN. HI. 

  • Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

 

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Link to post
3 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Miaulin's Weird Dreams

 

Just thought I'd post this one. It started out weird and uncomfortable. I think it was a church function. Something about prompts and envelopes, a game maybe? Whatever it was went on for a bit before I found myself alone with the church's resident Nicest Person Ever and some dude who kept mostly to himself in a chair to one side. Somehow wound up telling Nicest Person Ever about all my Bad Feelings/ThoughtsTM and how I really hate having to live with my sinful nature until further notice and would usually prefer to skip to the end in order to not have that anymore. She was...upset about this. Didn't hear the rest of that conversation. There was a general feeling of "Oh wait big mistake now she's gonna alert the fam"

 

But the scene changed at some point and it was yet another of those dreams where I'm trying to get somewhere, a definite destination, but without being clear exactly where that is. I was alone. Lots of fields, grass, hills. Was in something of a hurry but attempts to run didn't work out at all, barely moved in fact. Then it changed again, but more subtly. The land was farther away, and there seemed to be people and that was the destination but I was on some kind of natural stone formation. There was still grass, in patches, a few little white flowers. The stones were quite smooth, for the most part, and made for a somewhat curved upward slope. Whole thing was so steep and big I could only really see what was right in front, and was trying to climb it. Looked down and realized there was water going out in all directions- it's what separated the stone formation from the rest of the land. It was almost like a lake, except shallow enough to stand in. Which I proceeded to do. Thought it was a bit weird that I had shoes on, but it felt beyond amazing and I was distinctly aware of developing a fondness for that place as I continued to climb. Then wound up musing as to whether the word 'Avalon' applied because apparently my brain can't keep fandoms out of stuff.

 

Seriously the most peaceful dream I've ever had once the awkward uncomfortable part was over. <3

 

I've had dreams similar to the first part, except I get caught by my pastor doing or wearing something I shouldn't, like wearing jeggings without my top being long enough (no joke) ... always uncomfortable.

 

But the second part sounds amazing!! I might be going out on a limb, but I wonder if the two parts might be related? Maybe your mind is thinking about finding spiritual and emotional peace, either here or in heaven, or both ... in the first part you were thinking about the guilt and sadness, but in the second part you were thinking about the joy of the destination and how you can't wait to get there, and how awesome it was when you did get there.

 

As I said, might be going out on a limb ...  *cheesy grin*

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

 

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 
 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Link to post
1 hour ago, NeverThatBored said:

MIAULIN. HI. 

 

HIYOOOOO.

 

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

 

I've had dreams similar to the first part, except I get caught by my pastor doing or wearing something I shouldn't, like wearing jeggings without my top being long enough (no joke) ... always uncomfortable.

 

But the second part sounds amazing!! I might be going out on a limb, but I wonder if the two parts might be related? Maybe your mind is thinking about finding spiritual and emotional peace, either here or in heaven, or both ... in the first part you were thinking about the guilt and sadness, but in the second part you were thinking about the joy of the destination and how you can't wait to get there, and how awesome it was when you did get there.

 

As I said, might be going out on a limb ...  *cheesy grin*

 

Oh my goodness I'd die on the spot. The dream would actually kill me. I'm so sorry. Uncomfortable/awkward dreams are almost worse than the falling off a cliff types. :lol:

 

The interesting thing about the second part was that I never did reach the actual intended destination- I was almost there, still trying to get there, still climbing, but was legitimately happy about where I already was. Never even found out where the original destination was, just that the place I found on the way was wonderful. <3

 

Limb or not, dream-analysis fascinates me. It's always cool to take a look at what the mind is saying while we're asleep.

  • Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post

Stuff Happening:

 

Attack started...Monday or Tuesday and has been fluctuating in severity without quite letting up. Attempts to reconstruct routine have failed because starting yesterday evening, the week has morphed into an excessively long weekend and normal programming won't resume until Monday.

 

Grocery Night has been delayed due to abrupt lack of transportation and we're out of groceries again. To make the situation more awkward, we're out of food? No actual food was consumed on Monday, but mom brought home tea. No food was consumed most of yesterday, just tea and some water. Today I've had a cup of tea, not nearly enough water, and a couple of bites of a noodle concoction that made me gag. Fairly certain this is contributing to some of the increased Bad Feelings.

 

But, on the Positive Side, this lead to making a tentative Actual Mealplan with input from mom. Not yet sure if it'll actually work out and haven't price-checked it yet. (Maybe we should get back in the swing of planning at all before trying to fit a specific budget again?) But it'll be nice to enter the store without running into a solid wall of "I don't know what to do". Should also help toward not running out of food again.

 

We're going first thing in the morning to get the car taken care of and I think we'll be acquiring groceries while there, or at least something to last until Saturday.

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post
16 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Stuff Happening:

 

Attack started...Monday or Tuesday and has been fluctuating in severity without quite letting up. Attempts to reconstruct routine have failed because starting yesterday evening, the week has morphed into an excessively long weekend and normal programming won't resume until Monday.

 

Grocery Night has been delayed due to abrupt lack of transportation and we're out of groceries again. To make the situation more awkward, we're out of food? No actual food was consumed on Monday, but mom brought home tea. No food was consumed most of yesterday, just tea and some water. Today I've had a cup of tea, not nearly enough water, and a couple of bites of a noodle concoction that made me gag. Fairly certain this is contributing to some of the increased Bad Feelings.

 

But, on the Positive Side, this lead to making a tentative Actual Mealplan with input from mom. Not yet sure if it'll actually work out and haven't price-checked it yet. (Maybe we should get back in the swing of planning at all before trying to fit a specific budget again?) But it'll be nice to enter the store without running into a solid wall of "I don't know what to do". Should also help toward not running out of food again.

 

We're going first thing in the morning to get the car taken care of and I think we'll be acquiring groceries while there, or at least something to last until Saturday.

 

Holy moley, @MiaulinTheCat, you need to eat to keep your strength up - you're right, I'm sure you're feeling worse because you haven't eaten! Hoping the grocery fairy comes your way very soon!!

  • Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

 

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 
 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Link to post
On 10/26/2016 at 0:57 PM, Shadri said:

NANOWRIMOOOOOOOOOOO~  (I'm Shadri over there too, hit me up!)

 

Also, HI FRIEND, following! <3 <3 <3


YOU NANOWRIMOOOOOOOO? MOST EXCELLENT. Are you going to do it this year?

 

EXCITED TO HAVE YOU. :D

 

On 10/26/2016 at 11:59 PM, Arrow said:

*cue epic music* 

you're not alone in the civil war obsession! Gained a follower for sheer awesomeness :)

 

Fantastic. Epic music is always a plus. :3

 

Thank you kindly, great to have you along! ^_^

 

20 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Holy moley, @MiaulinTheCat, you need to eat to keep your strength up - you're right, I'm sure you're feeling worse because you haven't eaten! Hoping the grocery fairy comes your way very soon!!

 

That's been taken care of :)

  • Like 2

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post

Acccchhhh I've become way too fond of this song. Got mom into it, too. Some good stuff right there right there.

 

Got groceries yesterday. ^_^ Got pretty bad for a while, especially on the way home. But food has been acquired and that's no longer a concern, so, all is well. Also, mom got me a pair of gloves. Typing gloves. Gloves that are quite possibly the softest thing I have ever touched. Seriously it's like holding a kitten. They're amazing.

 

And, to shamelessly Content-Share, y'ALL. This Fic, is one of the best fics. The best ever. If anyone feels like sitting through eight chapters of wonderful characterization, pov, and generally on-point writing, check it out. Check out all of this writer's stuff. If I ever stop promoting her it'll be because I died. (Content of the fic is pretty PG, and there are no pairings. Only greatness.) 

  • Like 4

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post

WOW. That video - that was a labor of love right there. Absolutely incredible!!

 

Glad you got your groceries!! I was worried about you there for a while!  :-O

  • Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

 

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 
 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Link to post
36 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

WOW. That video - that was a labor of love right there. Absolutely incredible!!

 

Glad you got your groceries!! I was worried about you there for a while!  :-O

 

Isn't it great? ^_^ So far every video I've seen from this person, work of art. The editing is so skillful.

 

This and This are both splendid as well. Ah, they're heartbreaking but they're also so happy-making and enjoyable to watch.

 

I'm glad, too! The main event will be making a huge pot of chili to last for a while (with sweet potato!) but we also got some spinach, carrots, and ingredients for hummus, among other things. I've gone longer on less before without much of a problem, but this time there was also a stress element making it harder to deal with.

  • Like 3

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post
44 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

 

Isn't it great? ^_^ So far every video I've seen from this person, work of art. The editing is so skillful.

 

This and This are both splendid as well. Ah, they're heartbreaking but they're also so happy-making and enjoyable to watch.

 

I'm glad, too! The main event will be making a huge pot of chili to last for a while (with sweet potato!) but we also got some spinach, carrots, and ingredients for hummus, among other things. I've gone longer on less before without much of a problem, but this time there was also a stress element making it harder to deal with.

 

Do you mind if I ask if money is an issue for you guys? It's totally none of my business and you're welcome to say "buzz off" ... as I said, I was just a bit surprised and concerned when you said you'd not eaten for so long. I do get absurdly attached to my Internet friends.  ;-)

 

I'll check out those videos later! I'm stuck at home sick today and trying to get my head together to actually do stuff ... going to use those vids as incentive.  :-D

  • Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

 

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 
 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Link to post
50 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

Do you mind if I ask if money is an issue for you guys? It's totally none of my business and you're welcome to say "buzz off" ... as I said, I was just a bit surprised and concerned when you said you'd not eaten for so long. I do get absurdly attached to my Internet friends.  ;-)

 

I'll check out those videos later! I'm stuck at home sick today and trying to get my head together to actually do stuff ... going to use those vids as incentive.  :-D

 

 Nah, it's fine. :) Oh my goodness, so sorry! I should probably clarify that, when I mention having gone longer without eating...this was the only time it was directly related to actually not having food. Most of the time it's just me either having no desire to eat, or in rarer cases from several years ago, just flat-out forgetting. Even this time I probably could have found something had I only scraped together some more resourcefulness.

 

We are technically in the 'poverty' category, but it really isn't so bad. The basics are always covered and we can generally afford some non-essential things. Actually saving any money is a challenge, mostly my fault for short-circuiting every time I try to meal-plan/budget lately, but it's mainly unexpected expenses that cause trouble, and even expected expenses that aren't regular occurrences. But we're never without what we really need. :lol: Mom's taken up a side business that brings in an occasional boost in income, and things will improve vastly once my brother and I are able to start working, though that won't be for a while yet. (other stuff in the way)

 

So sorry you're sick, mellon nin! *Huge virtual hugs* I hope you get to feeling better soon!

  • Like 2

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post
1 hour ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

 

 Nah, it's fine. :) Oh my goodness, so sorry! I should probably clarify that, when I mention having gone longer without eating...this was the only time it was directly related to actually not having food. Most of the time it's just me either having no desire to eat, or in rarer cases from several years ago, just flat-out forgetting. Even this time I probably could have found something had I only scraped together some more resourcefulness.

 

We are technically in the 'poverty' category, but it really isn't so bad. The basics are always covered and we can generally afford some non-essential things. Actually saving any money is a challenge, mostly my fault for short-circuiting every time I try to meal-plan/budget lately, but it's mainly unexpected expenses that cause trouble, and even expected expenses that aren't regular occurrences. But we're never without what we really need. :lol: Mom's taken up a side business that brings in an occasional boost in income, and things will improve vastly once my brother and I are able to start working, though that won't be for a while yet. (other stuff in the way)

 

So sorry you're sick, mellon nin! *Huge virtual hugs* I hope you get to feeling better soon!

 

Gotcha.  :-)  Glad I'm just being overprotective. Living at that income level is tough (my family and I were close to the poverty line at one time), but it can be done, and the spirit with which you approach "making do" makes so much difference. And don't blame yourself too much for "short-circuiting" - I only just started making my own budgets and meal plans, and let me tell you, they're harder to maintain than I realized!! I still have lots of habit-changing to do myself!

 

And hannon le, mellon, for the get-well wishes!  :-D

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 45

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

 

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 
 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines