Volki's Floating Notepad

10 minutes ago, Kanaman said:

Yeah, high rep deadlift workouts. 

Damn, I hate those things?  How are you feeling after it?

Lol I actually liked them. I only recently switched to powerlifting a few months ago fro  a more mixed fitness goal. I think it really helped me lovk in the form of the exercise even if it made my arms and legs cry ;)

Tuesday workout:

BP:
10 x 55# (24.9kg)
10 x 85# (38.6kg)
10 x 85# (38.6kg)
10 x 105# (47.6kg)
10 x 105# (47.6kg)
5 x 105# (47.6kg) (went to fail)

DL:
10 x 105# (47.6kg) x 6

2mi (3.2km) hike

Wednesday:

1hr of yoga

Today:

SQ:
10 x 55# (24.9kg)
10 x 85# (38.6kg)
10 x 85# (38.6kg)
10 x 105# (47.6kg)
10 x 105# (47.6kg)
10 x 105# (47.6kg)

OHP:
10 x 55# (24.9kg)

10 x 55# (24.9kg)

10 x 55# (24.9kg)

10 x 55# (24.9kg)

10 x 55# (24.9kg)

10 x 55# (24.9kg)

Monday 12/3/18 Workout:

BP:

10x10 85#\38.5kg

SQ:

5x10 85#\38.5kg

5x10 55#\24.9kg

Curls:

3x8 55#\24.9kg

Still unbelievably sore in my legs! I have been helping my wife because she has the flu so I missed my wed workout(glad I did because I can barely walk). Hoping to get back at it soon. Not really following a routine this time besides doing 10x10 of everything. So for now I am alternating between BP and SQ 1 day and DL and OHP the other. Also for those that don't know my weight bench maxes out at 105#\47.6kg so I have to make due with a bunch of volume.

Sooo no workout because I JUST got back the use of my legs after killing them with those 10x10s. My wife is getting a little better after being sick with the flu and the kids are doing well.

In my long time that I have been gone I started smoking again, then I quit smoking again (going on just over 2 months without smoking). I have really been working hard to get my mind and my body back on track. I also have come to understand something about myself. When I am stressed out I tend to hammer on some habit or mental tick of mine. I think I do this as way of feeling like I have control again and putting order back to this crazy world. I also know I am very rigid with my vices and tend to be very all or nothing hence quitting cold turkey smoking(and dipping for a short period), I am in a better place than I have been in a long time, physically, mentally, financially, and relationship wise so I must be doing something right. I have some work to do on the weight gain due to transitioning eating habits and converting bad habits like smoking into emotional eating but I think I am starting to level out. I am going to start slow with at least 2x a week of lifting weights so that I can build it into a habit again. Also I need to get back into writing because I really enjoy it. I am doing that on my other BL, reading my old stories are a little cringey but I know that it leaves a lot of room to improve them.

Lyrics very relatable

" Before climbing douchebag mountain, I was skate or die
Started eating kale and came to terms with my lazy eye
Putting on the yoga lady, cutting off The Cable Guy
Whistle while you're waiting for your condition to stabilize

AV cables everywhere, every piece of vinyl scratched
Mentholated Tiger Balm, Aleve with the arthritis cap
Irons and the niacin, iron Quiet Riot mask
Unabashed privacy expanding into simulcast
40 winks, never the same adventure
Refreshing, or the single longest exorcism ever

In the end, you gotta wonder if it's even worth the effort
No stairways into Heaven, you can step into the Escher

Some people have mistaken my allegiance for a weakness
It fucked me up for eons, I wished I was a theist

The type to fake his death then forget he faked his death
Show up on TV, in the crowd at the AVNs, like...
"

• Like 1

Damn Feb 2019 was my last update?!

Crazy how time flies. the last 2 years have had many ups and downs. I started smoking a while ago and then quit and started many times and I am currently on day 3 of a quit. I did my first workout in many months and was reduced to a sweaty puddle on my garage floor.

Mentally I am in a much better place now than I was 2 years ago. My relationship with my wife and kids is better than ever and I want to continue getting better.

I have been learning Java for the past month and find it frustrating but fun. I hope to one day transition from sys admin i.t to programming. Not sure who is still floating around here but hopefully I can use this site to spark some fitness consitency.

Heres todays workout(all with a 35lb KB)

Day A

• 100 x 1- Hand alternating Clean and Press 10x10
• REST 1 minute
• 10 x Turkish Getup
• REST 1 minute
• 5x10 Goblet Squat

• Like 1