• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Shogun

The Courtyard (Monk's General Chat)

I'm just leaving this here before I leave you all and travel the forums with the Warriors.

What are you doing this challenge? =D I'm glad to see some of the old faces back, hope to meet some of the new baby monks and welcome everyone from other guilds for finally making the right only choice, to join the monastery. =D

I don't know what I'm going to do.  I've kind of sucked lately.

On a more positive note, I think I found a way to earn money towards camp! The closest university does community education classes, which are great,  I've done several with my mom. I called and asked for the schedule and mentioned to the lady over it that I had moved back more local.  She asked me if I would put together some weaving, basket making, and Dutch oven cooking class proposals for the program, if I'd have time to teach them.  I got excited and agreed.  Then she told me I'd get paid!! In addition to the materials cost! !

It wouldn't be a lot,  but it might be enough to get me to where camp was affordable. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PinkNinja said:

I don't know what I'm going to do.  I've kind of sucked lately.

On a more positive note, I think I found a way to earn money towards camp! The closest university does community education classes, which are great,  I've done several with my mom. I called and asked for the schedule and mentioned to the lady over it that I had moved back more local.  She asked me if I would put together some weaving, basket making, and Dutch oven cooking class proposals for the program, if I'd have time to teach them.  I got excited and agreed.  Then she told me I'd get paid!! In addition to the materials cost! !

It wouldn't be a lot,  but it might be enough to get me to where camp was affordable. 

That sounds intresting. Tell us, how it goes. :)

I'm still trying to find a topic for my challenge. I was thinking about Rincewind, because last challenge I learned I'm a lot like the grumpy wizzard. For examply I doubt something good is going to last. I had a real good time last challenge, but somehow I had a feeling in the back of my head, that my happiness won't last or that I would mess up in the end. It's odd.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

I'm still trying to find a topic for my challenge. I was thinking about Rincewind, because last challenge I learned I'm a lot like the grumpy wizzard. For examply I doubt something good is going to last. I had a real good time last challenge, but somehow I had a feeling in the back of my head, that my happiness won't last or that I would mess up in the end. It's odd.

I must support all Discworld-themed challenges, and Rincewind is a delight, if that's a fair way to describe a whinging, unfortunate wizzard of no particular ability.  I assume running and potatoes will feature?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

I must support all Discworld-themed challenges, and Rincewind is a delight, if that's a fair way to describe a whinging, unfortunate wizzard of no particular ability.  I assume running and potatoes will feature?

Of course. They are a delight during the cold season, especially in soups. Nom nom... I had potatoe soup yesterday.

10 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

That sounds intresting. Tell us, how it goes. :)

I will. I'm very excited. I am hoping that this is my way in the door, with my prior college teaching experience, that I can start teaching a night class. Something like teaching backpacking again would be excellent.

I'm thinking, as interesting as theme challenges have been, I'm going to have to let go of doing it around characters. It's just getting kind of thin. Oh, I'll keep doing book challenges, of course - because it's getting gooder - but I think I need to take a larger view of things.

• Like 2

I don't see how you guys come up with your theme challenges. They're impressive and entertaining. I tried and despite the fact that I consider myself a fairly creative person, I can't make my goals click with something else.
But I love that ya'll do! :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PinkNinja said:

I don't see how you guys come up with your theme challenges. They're impressive and entertaining. I tried and despite the fact that I consider myself a fairly creative person, I can't make my goals click with something else.

This is my first one.  So we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PinkNinja said:

Develop a morbid obsession with Invader Zim and you'll never have this problem. 

• Like 4

On 10/24/2016 at 10:23 PM, sarakingdom said:

Rincewind was very good at a) running away, b ) getting some good acceleration when starting to run away, c) using a half brick in a sock, d) running a way, e) being damn lucky and not ending up dead. 

Did I mention running away?

Perhaps running/sprints and some kind of smacking something for points (or pointy shoes)? 

1 hour ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

Rincewind was very good at a) running away, b ) getting some good acceleration when starting to run away, c) using a half brick in a sock, d) running a way, e) being damn lucky and not ending up dead. 

Did I mention running away?

Perhaps running/sprints and some kind of smacking something for points (or pointy shoes)? 

True, but I didn't plan changing my goals again.

9 hours ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

I forgot the half brick in a sock.  That's pretty key.  He also worked for the librarian for a while, as I recall.

21 hours ago, The Shogun said:

Develop a morbid obsession with Invader Zim and you'll never have this problem. 

This is the first time I haven't done a minecraft themed challenge... it feels a little.. nekked :P 

Rincewind could teach us a lot.

- Don't trust a content feeling. When you feel happy or everything seems fine, someone is going to hit you on the back of your head. (Intresting times)

- Always have a sock and stone ready. It's the weapon of the small one. (Light Fantastic)

- Don't ask, run. And don't look back while doing so. (Every time)

- The hat is the only thing that matters. (You only have to believe in what you are)

-Diet tip: Potatoes

• Like 2

On 10/25/2016 at 4:39 PM, PinkNinja said:

Flip it around.  Make goals, and then just think if you could tie them to a theme.  I rarely make a theme ahead of time, I just do what seems appropriate when I write them up.  I think my old Zelda theme and my Mass Effect theme were the only two challenges where I crafted my goals around the theme.

Otherwise, don't worry about it.  The goals are the important thing anyway. :)

• Like 3

On 27/10/2016 at 4:19 PM, RisenPhoenix said:

Flip it around.  Make goals, and then just think if you could tie them to a theme.  I rarely make a theme ahead of time, I just do what seems appropriate when I write them up.  I think my old Zelda theme and my Mass Effect theme were the only two challenges where I crafted my goals around the theme.

Otherwise, don't worry about it.  The goals are the important thing anyway. :)

Grumpyness is your theme.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Shogun said:

Grumpyness is your theme.

Well yea.  I'm pretty much the perpetual grump.  But that makes the challenges HERE boring, so I try to spice it up a bit.

• Like 2

Could I make a request, guys?  I need some check-ins on Tuesday to make sure I'm on-schedule, or at least doing something useful like exercising or taking a meditation break to get back on schedule.  (It's a tough day with a lot to do, and I've been struggling to stay focused lately.  A little extra supportive accountability would be handy.)

• Like 1