Contrary's being contrary

Contrary

Those sound like good challenges. What are you going to do if you fail once? Will you drop your challenge entirely because you failed, or change it so it still motivates you to finish your challenge?

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

I'm also food logging every day! How are you going about it? For me I'm just doing a picture food diary (there's an app called YouFood that you can post pictures of your food and descriptions or whatnot of it). I'm just using it to be conscious of what I'm eating, rather than calorie / macro counting at this point in my journey. Where are you?

Avril O.
We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" - Matt Smith as the Doctor

"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Avril's Respawn

Avril's Epic Quest

Sounds like some solid goals. Keep in mind that perfection just does not exist. Not at all. This has been a hard concept for me to accept. Just reminded me of me when I read:

On 10/24/2016 at 9:01 PM, Contrary said:

99% hasn't been working for me, so I'm going to try 100% for a month.

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

On 10/25/2016 at 10:17 AM, avril.obscene said:

I'm also food logging every day! How are you going about it? For me I'm just doing a picture food diary (there's an app called YouFood that you can post pictures of your food and descriptions or whatnot of it). I'm just using it to be conscious of what I'm eating, rather than calorie / macro counting at this point in my journey. Where are you?

I'll be jotting it down in my bullet journal throughout the day, because that's the only thing I keep with me all day (except my phone and I don't like my phone). I'll probably type a summary when I post here as well.

Regarding 100%, That's the end goal and I don't expect to be there this month, but I'm setting the expectation to cultivate a habit. I fall into the trap of, "I don't need to, I can just do it tomorrow" if I have a grace day. My plan to stay motivated through missed days is that if i make it 7 days in a row without missing, I get to buy myself lunch at work one day. 

Checking in for 10/30: 

- P90X: Chest and Back, Abs done.

- Daily Calm from Calm app

- Food - Breakfast: Prosciutto and dried apricots  Lunch/snack: Toast with herring, Toast with strawberry spread, Modelo negra. Dinner: Homemade squash nachos with beans, chile, tomato, sauteed onions, and cheese.

The pain is real, but more so than chest and back, those plyometrics today... kicked my ass. Holy hell.

Meditated for 10 min today at work when I was feeling panicky about all the databases blowing up. Happy month-end everyone!

Breakfast: Prosciutto and tea. Lunch: Leftover squash nachos. Afternoon snack: Prosciutto, two hershey kisses, and a nacho. Dinner: Whole wheat and edamame pasta with fish and lentil sauce.

Last two days have been busy, but I managed to get the P90X in, albeit late last night. I've also meditated every day, although only a few minutes yesterday. Yesterday food was leftover pasta for breakfast, a pastrami reuben and arugula salad for lunch, hot chocolate for snack and salmon dip with sweet potato chips for dinner. Today I had instant oatmeal for breakfast, leftover pasta for lunch, and more sweet potato chips and salmon dip for dinner. And now I go pass out. Sleep!

Checking in again. Still on track with P90X but very VERY much looking forward to tomorrow's rest/stretch day. We decided to do the cardio instead of the kenpo workout, and turns out the cardio has plyometrics and kenpo in it, so... ow. And I biked to work on Thursday on top of the leg day. Double ow? I missed meditating yesterday and I haven't done so today yet either, but I'm going to as soon as I sign off here before I go to bed. At any rate, reset counter to one for today. Kept a food log for last two days:

Thurs: Breakfast salami and a brownie. Lunch: Leftover pasta with fish sauce. Snack: 3 snickers bars. Dinner: Bowl of sweet potato chips with salmon spread.

Fri: Breakfast: Toast, sweet potato chips, raspberries. Lunch: Salad. Snack: Two pieces of toast. Dinner: Salad