Ugh! I have spent most of the day catching up. I wasn't feeling so hot the past couple of days and wasn't even close to any sort of word count. I still wrote every day, and since that was my main goal, woo hoo to me! However, I just laid down about 2000 words just to catch up to where I should be.

Thank goodness for showers. I was coming to a place that I needed to be but couldn't figure out how to get there. Then boom! One shower later and I've got the transition figured out while offering more insight into a character and a culture. I swear, if I wasn't in a drought-stricken state, I'd take a few showers a day just for the inspiration. 

Who else has a muse that lives in your shower?

• Like 2

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Previous Challenges: 1 ~ Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Artemis Fernweh said:

I am less than halfway where I should be right now. I've only got 4,645 words.

I'm in the same boat and I am finding I can write much better on my phone right now (which is sad). Spent about an hour writing yesterday and my plan is to split this day into a Nanowrimo writing day and a university Finance-paper writing day. Woo! Fun... ;)

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

I have run out of plot and story. So I am doing what I do best and that is just write any mindless things that gets into my head and hope things get better. Self indulgent twaddle on a strange keyboard since my laptop decided to stop working for me on  Monday.

So now I am typing on a ten year old desktop and most websites are not even checkable and the sound does not work. 

All this probably explains why I am at 25089 words.

• Like 5

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

It's been a few days since I've been able to sit down and write. I had a twelve hour shift Friday, and a pretty long one Saturday. But add in a 1-2 hour commute each way, and I've barely been home. If I don't have the energy to write when I get home today, I hope to at least do a lot of writing on Monday (my day off).

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

On 11/4/2016 at 4:09 PM, Alaysia said:

Who else has a muse that lives in your shower?

Found out mine tends to hang out in nature. Been walking around parks that I haven't gone by myself before (one I got a huge hit was from my first date place :P ) Never thought she would be hiding there.

Hi all finally on here (again). Things got a bit better for me after I found 4thewords- writing game site (one of the NaNo sponsers). Think I will make sub on their after NaNo, just to hopefully finish this story and my others.

To do a quick intro, this is my 6th year :D And hopefully my 4th win. One thing I've feared for this year is that I've started a new job right before Halloween (just basic Janitor work... but most active and most hours I've been able to get since the new year). Luckily, the new job makes a nice place to think over parts of my novel, but also tires me out. The battle of taking care of myself, being good at my job and still winning NaNo (all 3 have never been done before all at once...).

Even with those problems though, I hit 10k today (with the help of the game). Also my username is LovelyMoon will work on adding tomorrow.

Will answer all the questions tomorrow, and keep watching. First year where I found myself not on the NaNo forums but on here and my "local" region group.

• Like 2

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

13 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

How is everyone doing?

Week 2 Discussion (optional):

What are you struggling most with, and what are you going to do about it? If you don't know, I encourage you to think about it and come up with a plan.

If everything is going swimmingly, please share some tips for success.

Ah, well, I would say for the past few days it has been lack of writing time. Which I consider a win since I don't have a lack of writing want. I want to write, I'm just being pulled away. There have been years where the time was plentiful and the will was absent. But I keep writing when I can, little snippets here and there as allowed. My schedule is chilling out this weekend and I plan on doing some catch-up. I'm a few thousand words behind of the NaNo timeline, but I think I can make up the lost ground with a bit of sweat, closed doors, and silenced phones.

• Like 2

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Nothing to see here folks. Just move past, pinch your nose shut and avert your eyes. It stinks. Once it has been validated it will be buried deep and the electrons liberated to fertilize more deserving projects.

Average per day was 5078 words with two ten thousand word days. 

• Like 2

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

5 minutes ago, Jakkals said:

Nothing to see here folks. Just move past, pinch your nose shut and avert your eyes. It stinks. Once it has been validated it will be buried deep and the electrons liberated to fertilize more deserving projects.

How long did it take you to write that much each day?

5 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

How is everyone doing?

Week 2 Discussion (optional):

What are you struggling most with, and what are you going to do about it? If you don't know, I encourage you to think about it and come up with a plan.

If everything is going swimmingly, please share some tips for success.

Welp, I haven't written anything in about four days. School has been the biggest factor. Pretty much each class I'm taking had about two or three things each due on Tuesday. Also, while I've been thinking about my book a lot (just this morning I thought of a wonderful parallel/come full circle thing for my book) I haven't had the urge to write. Now that I want to write I only have motivation to draw. I'm also having trouble writing my character as a little kid. I've only ever thought of my characters as adults and thinking of them as 6-8 year olds is kinda on the difficult side. I did do a quick sketch of one of my characters though. :)

I don't have work this Saturday so I'm hoping to go to a write-in so I have no excuse but to sit there and write, while also getting lunch of course.

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

4 hours ago, Jakkals said:

Whoa! Okay that is awesome!

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, Artemis Fernweh said:

I'm also having trouble writing my character as a little kid. I've only ever thought of my characters as adults and thinking of them as 6-8 year olds is kinda on the difficult side. I did do a quick sketch of one of my characters though. :)

I don't have work this Saturday so I'm hoping to go to a write-in so I have no excuse but to sit there and write, while also getting lunch of course.

I had the same issue, once, but in reverse. I had written a huge novel on characters who were teens. I had a hell of a time writing the sequel until I realized I was trying to fit teens into an adult world. Reconfiguring characters for different stages in their life can be surprisingly tough, so you have my empathy!

• Like 1

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Well, November is almost over. Who's still hanging in there?

This month has proven to be rather tumultuous for a lot of people. I know it has been for me. I dropped out halfway through the month (and disappeared from the forums). I fell behind because I just didn't have the time to write for two hours daily, nor the fortitude to sit down and write all day on my days off. I also got sidetracked by other story ideas that kept popping into my head. On the positive side, I'm pretty sure I ended with a higher word count than last year.

I think going forward, I'm going to try to fit writing into my regular routine. At small, manageable doses. And I'll try to follow my motivation and flesh out these new ideas and write with them a bit.

• Like 1