Brutal Bears Goes Retro

brutalbears

Brutal Bears Goes Retro

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk6KppE-5rnV7FOb0Q39O

Intro

So, this is my first challenge back after my first respawn. I had been doing really good for about a year, and then I dropped off. I lost my footing, and I got too caught up in all the good stuff living better got me. I rested on my laurels. The point of this challenge will be to go retro, to go back to the basics. I want to focus on just being consistent and doing what got me to where I am in the first place. I am also in the middle of looking for a new job, which is really stressful, but I don't want that to mess with me taking care of myself. Finally, I really need to connect to some support on here, what killed me more than anything was losing my support on here. So here is to a kick ass challenge for all of us!

Starting Weight: Coming Soon

Ending Weight: 

Keep it up like pinball

game-of-thrones-pinball-12.jpg

Go on a walk or hike everyday. 

Simple. Something to help cut some weight

Swing the Master Sword

2.jpg

Lift 3 times a week.

3 circuits, first of 20 reps, second of 15, third of 10 (chin-ups to max)

Order:

Curls, OH Press, Tricep, Push-up, Chin-up 

Assemble a Guild

67291.jpg

Connect online everyday. Build a group of support!

That is it. I want to keep this as simple and back to basics as possible!

• Like 7

Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

1 minute ago, SpecialSundae said:

Good to see you back on the wagon!

I'm trying to do the support group building this time too (as is @navis and a few others) so hopefully we can help each other get through!

That is awesome! I'll help support everyone else as much as I can! Thanks for showing some support!

• Like 3

Challenges:

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt

Sticking to you like glue ;)

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

22 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Hey! Welcome back!

Good to see you! 

How's life been?

12 minutes ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Sticking to you like glue ;)

Always glad to have a this hobbit by my side. Wouldn't be the same without you.

• Like 1

Challenges:

You're searching for a new job? I remember you had really crazy working hours. Or at least it sounded very stressful. Any reasons for the change in particular?

Are you still using the Zombies Run App for your runs? In the cold weather it's much harder to motivate yourself to get outside. So I tab my hat for you. Respect.

A good support team is all this is about. Good goals!

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

You're searching for a new job? I remember you had really crazy working hours. Or at least it sounded very stressful. Any reasons for the change in particular?

Are you still using the Zombies Run App for your runs? In the cold weather it's much harder to motivate yourself to get outside. So I tab my hat for you. Respect.

A good support team is all this is about. Good goals!

Ya that's the reason I'm leaving work. I work something like 70-80 hours a week and that just isn't compatible with school. As for running I haven't been using zombies run, I've been listening to books in tape-which is awesome. And actually it isn't really getting cold here yet. This time of year is by far the best it ever is. Now come mid-late November hell cold will be upon us in the Midwest.

What part of Germany do you live in by the way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Challenges:

46 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Same as always, work, gym, sleep, repeat :)

How have you been?

Busy lol. Ive been working like crazy, doing school full time, and looking for a new job. Plus the new puppy at home is pretty awesome. I am living with problems that only happen when you are living life well, so it has been easy to be grateful for them. I'm glad you are still doing well.

5 minutes ago, wildross said:

Welcome back indeed.

Thanks, it is nice to be back and to be so welcomed. There is a lot more energy going on with the warriors than I remembered. 

• Like 1

Challenges:

Just now, AugustaAdaByron said:

I'm not sure there are enough like buttons to express how awesome that sentence is!

Lol thanks. It is all about perspective right. Got to love my first world problems. Oh no I have a job that trusts me to manage other people, a girlfriend, and I'm doing too well in school...how awful, lol. 

• Like 3

Challenges:

17 hours ago, brutalbears said:

Ya that's the reason I'm leaving work. I work something like 70-80 hours a week and that just isn't compatible with school. As for running I haven't been using zombies run, I've been listening to books in tape-which is awesome. And actually it isn't really getting cold here yet. This time of year is by far the best it ever is. Now come mid-late November hell cold will be upon us in the Midwest.

What part of Germany do you live in by the way?

Sounds like a good decision. I also liked to listen to audio books, when I was going by bike daily. It helped me to stay awake, when I had to get up so early while working at school. I can't imagine how you manage this timetable. I'm easily getting stressed out to the point were I get sick. So I hope I'll be able to manage a 40 hour week, when I get a real job.

Oh, so you got yourself a puppy. What kind of dog is it. I demand cute puppy pictures. ;)

I'm living in the south of Germany next to a river. So there's a lot of fog in the morning and it gets dark early in the evening because of all the clouds. This week the sun is going to come back. So it'll be 12 celsius again. At night it's 6 celsius. Not that cold, but I should get my garden ready for winter before it starts to freeze.

• Like 3

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Sounds like a good decision. I also liked to listen to audio books, when I was going by bike daily. It helped me to stay awake, when I had to get up so early while working at school. I can't imagine how you manage this timetable. I'm easily getting stressed out to the point were I get sick. So I hope I'll be able to manage a 40 hour week, when I get a real job.

Oh, so you got yourself a puppy. What kind of dog is it. I demand cute puppy pictures. ;)

I'm living in the south of Germany next to a river. So there's a lot of fog in the morning and it gets dark early in the evening because of all the clouds. This week the sun is going to come back. So it'll be 12 celsius again. At night it's 6 celsius. Not that cold, but I should get my garden ready for winter before it starts to freeze.

That sounds so cool. I would love to see Germany some day. I will get some puppy pictures up soon, she does have a great jedi costume for Halloween. She is half redbone coon hound and half black lab, and she is a really really good puppy. 

Challenges:

Weekends are always hard for me to get my goals straight. How was your weekend?

Spoiler

On 10/29/2016 at 7:43 PM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Weekends are always hard for me to get my goals straight. How was your weekend?

I had a special kind of difficult weekend. I had to go to St. Louis for work and work 3 15 hour days. So I ate fast food mostly, but the 15 hours a day was manual labor so it evened out a little bit. How was your weekend?

• Like 1

Challenges:

12 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Following along for the community support angle. That ish isn't especially easy for me.

Thanks a lot. I have been really struggling with that. I'm glad to have you stopping by!

• Like 2

Challenges:

10 hours ago, brutalbears said:

I had a special kind of difficult weekend. I had to go to St. Louis for work and work 3 15 hour days. So I ate fast food mostly, but the 15 hours a day was manual labor so it evened out a little bit. How was your weekend?

I struggle with free time. We had friends over for four days and I ate too much junk food and got not enough exercise. Ugh. But I'll try to get in better days now. Halloween is gone. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all the leftover sweets.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Any update for us?

• Like 1

Spoiler