[Hyrulian Yogi] A New Year at Hogwarts

Hyrulian Yogi

4 hours ago, Heidi said:

What a great recipe! Thank you @Draegon (Liam P Boyle)!

I'm totally stealing this and will let you know how it goes.

Also, many thanks to @Hryulian for the fantastic challenge structure. Do you mind if I make use of this next challenge, real soon, right now? :) 

Following along.

I'm so happy that you are enjoying the Hogwarts theme, please feel free to use the same! I share my love of Harry Potter with the whole world, haha. :D  

4 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

I stole it from Disney - go for it.

Sent from the dragon's lair

Oh Disney, they did no wrong with Ratatouille!

4 hours ago, Heidi said:

Way to go on the lifts.

Off to a great start!

Thank you so so much! I'm hoping to keep this momentum going. :) 

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2 

20 hours ago, Twilight said:

Eee I love your flavour text.

Thank you so much! It means a lot. :D 

;

tumblr_nx1ak4id7q1ts6x3uo5_r1_500.gif

Transfiguration

Hyrulian Yogi's report card:

It appears that Hyrulian was seen practicing the transition from Tree to Dancer in the Great Hall today, although the sentiment was here, it should be noted that students aren't allowed to practice Transfiguration around the food table. -10 points to Hufflepuff. 

Took my yoga mat to the studio at the office and managed to get a ''freestyle flow'' before lunch. When the studio is empty, I take advantage and hide in the dark with my iphone and do my practice. No headstand though, I think it'd be harder to explain to a co-worker if they walked in on me. :P 

Muggle Studies

Although pizza is delicious, eating the leftovers for breakfast does not count as meal prepping. 

History of Magic 

Professor Binns would like to point out to Miss Yogi that the assignment for this semester is 40 000 words written and not 40 pages. If she would like to wash her ears and listen properly in class, she might have understood the requirements. An additional parchment on the Great Troll War is expected for the next class. 

Although I'm pulling a double-shift today, again, I'm aiming to get about 1000 words for my possible novel. Very exciting. 

• Like 4

tumblr_ofzi52Yt0d1rb71hfo1_500.gif

tumblr_ofzi52Yt0d1rb71hfo2_500.gif

For those mornings when you are 100% Harry Potter. 

;

Hyrulian Yogi's Report Card: 

Defense Against the Dark Arts:

It's been reported that during the class, Professor Lockhart was too busy brushing his luscious blonde hair to notice any work his students have had done. Squats got to 5 x 95lbs, with a little help from the lower back which is a no-no, but the improvement is starting to show. While the Leg Press is now at 10 x 110lbs, it won't be sufficient in case of a duel against a dangerous creature. 

Very happy about my lifts yesterday. It was raining and I still dragged my butt to the gym. It was pretty full, 95% men and I decided to not care and do my lifts and focus on myself rather than feel self-conscious. I'm getting used to the stares I get at the gym, sometimes it gets to me and makes me wonder if my form isn't good... but in the end, I just put that barbell on my back and get.it.done.

History of Magic:

703 words have been written towards the assignment on the Great Troll War. 

Edit: Another 851 words have been added. Slowly but surely. 

It's been so long since I've written anything. I guess that I'll just keep on forcing myself to put words on a blank page until my flow comes back. :) 

Happy Fri-yay everyone! I don't know for you, but I have an insanely busy weekend coming up. :P 

• Like 5

Woot! Great work so far.

Happy Friday!

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

9 hours ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

but in the end, I just put that barbell on my back and get.it.done.

Good.for.you!! Hopefully it's not anything inappropriate, but I think you're wise to put the self-consciousnesses aside and just do your thing. Besides, anyone not being rude is probably just impressed (like me :D)!! Nicely done lifting the things!

• Like 1

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

On 11/4/2016 at 3:24 PM, Twilight said:

You lift and do it for yourself! Nosy guys who can't keep their eyes to themselves.

That's exactly why I lift. I'm just doing my thing and they can lurk if they want, as long as they don't talk to me. :P 

On 11/4/2016 at 8:29 PM, SaltyDragon said:

Good.for.you!! Hopefully it's not anything inappropriate, but I think you're wise to put the self-consciousnesses aside and just do your thing. Besides, anyone not being rude is probably just impressed (like me :D)!! Nicely done lifting the things!

It's difficult to tell if they're being inappropriate, judgemental or just have nothing else to look at while they wait for a new set? I really don't know, haha. But thank you, that's very nice of you. :D 

;

tumblr_ofwloiNPma1u4wzo8o7_r1_250.gif

Although drinking is not allowed at Hogwarts, I have found myself in yet another weekend of indulging in booze to the point of waking up hangover. Ugh. When my co-workers go out I just can't say no. Oh, what, a shot of Jameson? SURE. No. Anyway. I was supposed to go do some yoga with my friend before our concert on Sunday, but she was feeling extremely sick so we rested and watched Harry Potter instead. When she felt better, we got brunch. I missed my practice, though, but my friend needed me. 

Since she was at my place, I got no writing done which is sad. I'm really slacking in that department and my Muggle Studies but I will power through it in the upcoming days. As well as with my yoga practice. I have mentally prepared the mornings where I will freestyle on my mat. :P 

Hyrulian Yogi's Report Card:

Nobody should ever dress so poorly to one of my classes. -10 points for House Hufflepuff.

After work yesterday, I got to the gym since I knew I wouldn't have time today since I'm pulling a triple threat job day. The gym was packed, full of dudes again, but also a group of rad powerlifters that were just doing their thing in one corner of the gym. They seemed to be very cheery. There was also this badass girl doing squats followed by jumping lunges, that seemed like an insane superset to me. What a champ. 

I also did some lunges, which always gets my quads burning like the breath of a Norwegian Ridgeback. The concert was such a beautiful blast, I was still walking on a cloud and couldn't take off the shirt I was wearing in the moshpit. I sweated some more in that same gross outfit and it was lovely but Professor Lockhart wasn't a fan. 

I got rushed in my squats because another guy needed the machine so my 5 x 95lbs had very weak form. 

History of Magic:

A simple reminder to all my students that 40 000 words are awaited at the end of the month. 

I will be extremely happy with myself if I even get to 20 000 words. I really want to pour my heart into creation again. It gets me closer to who I'm supposed to be. :) 

Have a beautiful Tuesday my Druids! 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Butternut said:

Found ya!! Following. Love your avator too!

Hiiiii, it's so nice to see you again! Thank you thank you. :) 

;

tumblr_og96wqkxOF1vk79kgo1_r1_500.gif

The Ministry has fallen... Good thing I'm pulling a double and won't have to think so much about the terrible decision that has been made politically. I am beyond sad. I kinda wish I had time for a yoga practice. Thursday will involve either some lifts or some yoga or both. At this point, I really need both. And a hug. Thank goodness I live in a country that has elected this cinnamon roll. 

tumblr_o9uzx2H2T31tocuaoo2_500.jpg

Okay, sorry... back to the challenge now. 

History of Magic:

I wrote 965 words yesterday and I'm about to start writing a little. I'm on standby at work and have some time to do so, so I'll take advantage of that. :-) 

Sending all my love to everyone. 

• Like 4

May the words flow from your soul and cleanse you along the way.

I am settling into the idea that this is a time of teaching, and that I cannot fight, as there is, as always, no fight. There is only the tao, and the Way of the tao.

From Ursula K. Le Guin's translation:

Sourceless

The way is empty,

used, but not used up.

Deep, yes! ancestral

to the ten thousand things.

Blunting edge,

loosing bond,

dimming light,

the way is the dust of the way.

Quiet,

yes, and likely to endure.

Whose child? born

before the gods.

Everything Lao Tzu says is elusive. The temptation is to grasp at something tangible in the endlessly deceptive simplicity of the words. Even some of his finest scholarly translators focus on positive ethical or political values in the text, as if those were what’s important in it. And of course the religion called Taoism is full of gods, saints, miracles, prayers, tules, methods for securing riches, power, longevity, and so forth -- all the stuff that Lao Tzu says leads us away from the Way.

In passages such as this one, I think it is the profound modesty of the language that offers what so many people for so many centuries have found in this book: a pure apprehension of the mystery of which we are part.

• Like 3

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 |

Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

On 11/9/2016 at 0:56 PM, Heidi said:

May the words flow from your soul and cleanse you along the way.

I am settling into the idea that this is a time of teaching, and that I cannot fight, as there is, as always, no fight. There is only the tao, and the Way of the tao.

From Ursula K. Le Guin's translation:

Sourceless

The way is empty,

used, but not used up.

Deep, yes! ancestral

to the ten thousand things.

Blunting edge,

loosing bond,

dimming light,

the way is the dust of the way.

Quiet,

yes, and likely to endure.

Whose child? born

before the gods.

Everything Lao Tzu says is elusive. The temptation is to grasp at something tangible in the endlessly deceptive simplicity of the words. Even some of his finest scholarly translators focus on positive ethical or political values in the text, as if those were what’s important in it. And of course the religion called Taoism is full of gods, saints, miracles, prayers, tules, methods for securing riches, power, longevity, and so forth -- all the stuff that Lao Tzu says leads us away from the Way.

In passages such as this one, I think it is the profound modesty of the language that offers what so many people for so many centuries have found in this book: a pure apprehension of the mystery of which we are part.

This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you. I have so much left to learn in this life, keeping calm in moments of storm like this is difficult. Thank you for your kindness. :) 

;

tumblr_og6wahcRy41ttevomo1_250.gif

Class had to be held late at night yesterday because of an impromptu tea party with all my lovely fans. I slept though the class but the students made some good progress, or so I've been told. -Gilderoy Lockhart

My shift ended earlier yesterday so I got to the gym around 9pm. I did different leg moves, to keep my body guessing. Glute Kickback, Leg Extension, Hamstring Curl were all exercises I hadn't done in a long while. I also added-in some Romanian Dumbbell Deadlifts but I do that every time so it's nothing new. It felt good. I was tired but once I started my routine, I got into a zone and really enjoyed my time. The stretches at the end were lovely. 

Transfiguration:

Hyrulian Yogi has missed many classes and therefore seems to be falling behind on her studies. Some extra tutoring sessions might be crucial in order for her to access the exams. -Minerva McGonagall 

Amy Schumer has cancelled her shows, therefore is not coming to Montreal tonight, therefore my shift is cancelled, THEREFORE I will do yoga after my morning shift. I am beyond excited about this. I will link to the practice I will end up doing tonight. 

My practice today was Strengthen and Lengthen by Yoga With Adriene. A beautiful practice who created fire in the core. 

All the light and all the love my Druids. 

tumblr_ofzis545sf1u4wzo8o1_250.gif

• Like 4

On 11/11/2016 at 0:17 PM, Hyrulian Yogi said:

my shift is cancelled, THEREFORE I will do yoga after my morning shift. I am beyond excited about this.

The gift of extra time is truly a wonderful thing. Hope you made the most of it! And good job on the gym workouts – it sounds like you really enjoy them!

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

15 hours ago, SaltyDragon said:

The gift of extra time is truly a wonderful thing. Hope you made the most of it! And good job on the gym workouts – it sounds like you really enjoy them!

It really is! I mean I need the money, but that extra time for my yoga practice was actually extremely beneficial. Thank you, it's weird how last month I could barely bring myself to the gym and now It's my main focus. My yoga practice is suffering a little but I guess it comes in cycles. :) 

;

tumblr_ogl3omvJCj1rd81odo7_250.gif

Transfiguration

Yesterday was an emotional day. As in, I couldn't stop my heart from feeling heavy and as soon as I started flowing on my yoga mat, to some extremely cheesy emo music, I couldn't stop crying. It felt amazing, though. I read into it and apparently the Super Moon brings a cycle of change and yesterday was extremely eye opening, I realized that some of the choices I've made weren't beneficial for my healing and were rather a superficial way of patching up the wounds. Anyway. The practice was amazing and I got into a little Crow, not in a beautiful form, but I held it for a while. Next time, I will try a Headstand for the first time in probably 3 months. 

History of Magic

I've written a little here and there. 500 words sometimes, 300 words once in a while. I'm nowhere near reaching my goal but it seems like time is getting away from me. 

Defense Against the Dark Arts

As I don't have a double-shift today, I will get to the gym after work. I will do the Legend of Zelda workout from NF. But I will also add some Barbell Squats and Glute Kickback. The end of my day will be spent watching my love, you know, the Moon. :) 

(Not this Moon)

tumblr_o21lw35eq41turwzjo6_250.gif

• Like 3

The moon is indeed revealing so much and bringing into the light what we knew but didn't speak of.

It was a powerful weekend for me as well, filled with lots of raw emotion.

I'm so glad that you have let the yoga hold you.

You deserve all the wonderful things, my dear.

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

16 minutes ago, Heidi said:

The moon is indeed revealing so much and bringing into the light what we knew but didn't speak of.

It was a powerful weekend for me as well, filled with lots of raw emotion.

I'm so glad that you have let the yoga hold you.

You deserve all the wonderful things, my dear.

This is exactly how I felt. Thank you for bringing words to my feelings, sometimes I find it difficult to explain it. I am sending you lots of love. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SaltyDragon said:

We all need a good emotional release now and then – it sounds like it was good to you. I'm excited for you, and wish you strength and luck with your headstand!

Yes, we all do! :) The occasions are sometimes rare to fully let go of the emotional built-up and yoga helps a lot with that. At least, it has for me. Thank you for the good vibes, I hope my Headstand will go smoothly. I might try to record my attempt. :) 

• Like 2

I find recording my workouts (or, in my case, shenanigans :P) to be absolutely invaluable. It really helps me see what I'm doing right and what I need to improve, especially without  a teacher. The recordings may not typically be worth sharing, but I can always learn from them.

Level 11 Sea Dragon