[TempestTiffy] is an assasin for now

TempestTiffy

Hello! I am joining the assassins for the next challenge as I am focusing on body weight work. Now let me start off by saying i am a beginner. In fact, I am lower than a beginner. I had a rough pregnancy that i couldn't exercise at all during. Everything (especially my core!) has suffered. However after being diagnosed with coeliacs I am determined not to get osteoporosis so time to stress those bones and muscles!

STATS
Mother of 2, wife of 1

Shift working nurse

5 elevated pushups

10 lunges (5 each leg)

20 dumbell rows with 3kg

20 squats (about the only exercise i get with my kids ha ha)
10 sec plank

PLAN

Meal Plan: Every week have a plan and have shopped for it by the beginning of the week

Beginners Body Weight Routine: 3 times a week

Yoga 3 times a week

Do something I enjoy every day (gardening, sewing, knitting, play piano)

Simple but effective!

I found a place in my town that does aerial hoop and silks classes I wanna try out so maybe as a treat if I do well this challenge?

• Like 1

Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through HIM who gives me strength

LEVEL 2

(STR) - 3     (DEX) - 2      (STA) - 4     (CON) -2    (WIS) 5    (CHA) - 2

Hello and welcome! We have a number of amazing mothers (and fathers!) in the guild, so make yourself at home. :) I like the simplicity of your challenge - as you say, it's effective. And I would highly recommend trying out the hoops/silks class. Even if it's not your thing, the experience is totally worth it. 

May I be nosy and ask what kind of sewing you do? I'm trying to get back to it after years of neglect, but finding time without a dedicated sewing room to spread out in is difficult. 

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

I haven't sewn in about 4 years. I had to give up my sewing space when my daughter was born. She's old enough to stay be ok around my sewing stuff now so out it comes! I'm mostly finishing old projects at the moment but am a tad obsessed with Annika Victoria's youtube channel atm!

Day 1 here in Australia. Kids are being feral, everyone slept in, house is a mess. I have managed to order my fruit and veg online to be delivered tomorrow. Off to do my body weight workout.

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

Lasted 3 days so far! Night shift next week but at least im off to a good start. :D

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

This challenge already I've been so good. I've rested on the days I need to rest and pushed it the days I've had the energy. With the kids being sick nothing else has been possible. We've stuck to our meal plan everyday except tonight. thats pretty good in my books. I've also finished so much sewing and felt connected to things again. :)

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

The dreaded nightshift. Its hard when its not a permananent shift. I worked a day shift Sunday then BAM! 3 nights. Back to days next week. I onyl get about 3 hours sleep a day when im on nights so I've scaled stuff back this week. Focused on getting a small amount of movement in each day, even if its just a minute of yoga postures or a plank. I was super organised with food though so my meal plan has been stuck to. woo!

Think I'm calling in sick tonight. Its just too far to drive and my son has surgery on friday. I need to be awake for that. Self care is what its all about :)

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

Last week was not great but its a new week. I've done well keeping up with my meal plan. My husband even stepped up to help out with dinner. Just need some drive to get moving this afternoon after a few really long shifts!

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

6 hours ago, TempestTiffy said:

Last week was not great but its a new week. I've done well keeping up with my meal plan. My husband even stepped up to help out with dinner. Just need some drive to get moving this afternoon after a few really long shifts!

What a nice husband. As you say, it's a new week - good luck with the long shifts and motivation!

I did 2 rounds of the beginners body weight circuit! That's a victory for me! Ha ha seems small but huge for me.

State wide health disaster means a surprise double shift. 1pm to 730am! Wow I'm exhausted

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

yeah today is most certainly a 'rest' day :P

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

This week was hard. I found i was just tired all week. Maybe ongoing hayfever/ mild asthma from the pollen and storm? Maybe just I'm too old for double shifts? I did it though and I'm super proud. Have figured out that a strict meal plan doesn't work but a guide for dinners is useful. Really proud of sticking to the body weight workouts though!

I haven't taken as much 'me time' as i planned though. I need to squeeze that in somehow. I'm tempted to get a cleaner once a fortnight just to take the pressure off. 

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

6 hours ago, TempestTiffy said:

I haven't taken as much 'me time' as i planned though. I need to squeeze that in somehow. I'm tempted to get a cleaner once a fortnight just to take the pressure off. 

For what my two cents is worth, I support this fully. Mental self-care is so important and so easily overlooked. Earlier this year, I signed up for a monthly massage package, and while it seems an extravagant self-indulgence, knowing that I can drop everything, mentally and physically, for one hour a month has made a huge difference in the stress levels in my life. If you can get that mental burden taken off, go for!

Sorry to hear about the tiredness, hope that clears up soon. Grats on the bodyweight workouts, and figuring out a "meal plan" that works for you! Both of those are really good habits that can lead in lots of different directions. Will we see you next challenge? 

• Like 1

Thanks for all your support the last 4 weeks Manarelle. I will very much be back next challenge. I want to be able to complete a full 3 sets of the beginners body weight workout. So that will be my end goal for the next one. See you then!

• Like 1

LEVEL 2