Respawn x 1000 & Stretching

LongWing

Ugh!  

Well the sinus surgery went well, but I still have a lingering crud that I'm trying to get rid of.  Doctor doesn't want me exerting myself for another week, so I thought I would start stretching.

Specifically, I started a new job in July and I am spending a lot more time commuting, so my back and glutes are constantly reminding me that I'm not 25.  I'm also finding myself hunched over my desk because of a stiff lower back.

Any one have suggestions on a regular stretching routine?  I used to teach TKD so I was thinking I could do that, but I don't see me needing to do a full split anymore :)

• Like 1

Woah, sorry I missed this last week. I don't think it sends you notifications when you respond to your own post, in thinking that you already know you did. Sorry to hear you've still got the crud. Any improvements over the weekend? 

As far as stretching, mine's evolved over the years through various activities I've done; keeping the ones I like and changing out ones that don't seem to help much. Currently, my routine for warmup is:

• Neck rolls
  • Shoulder rolls
  • Large arm circles
  • Wrist circles
  • Toe touches standing up
  • Windmills (hips stay still while your shoulders rotate around the spine)
  • One-leg toe touches and side bends (sitting down, tuck one leg in, reach to the extended one)
  • Kneeling hip flexor stretch (link)
  • Ankle rotations (standing up)

For cooldown, I use this video. Are you looking to target your back, specifically, or get an overall stretch? 

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

I'm looking at things that will help my lower back and my shoulders be looser, I'm sitting at work right now and they're killing me.  Then again, for the last week, i've pretty much just gotten back in bed when I got home from work and the position I'm in isn't healthy either.  Flat back, head propped up with a bad angle on my neck.

Need to work out, think i'm just going to do more when I wake up.  Plus I'm getting extenders for my car seat because my legs are too damn long for it.

• Like 1

Although it won't help with the commute, it might be helpful to set an alarm/reminder at work to get up every hour and stretch. Not only do it help your posture and get you up and moving, but I've found I've made progress in flexibility while doing it, too. Stand up, shake it out, bend in a couple directions, and stop staring at the screen. It makes a big difference, imo. 

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current