Roxy prepares for the holiday season: take 2 ... for real this time

RoxyFreefall

Hi All-

I am trying this challenge again with some modifications. Last challenge I never really got my feet under me then went into a free fall.

Goal 1: Nutrition - Making this as simple as possible!!! (Better chance in succeeding that way)

• Just follow the flowchart
  • should-I-eat-flowchart-image.jpeg
  • The best food choices are the ones Weight Watchers has deemed "Power Food" or "Simply Filling Foods". Fat free dairy, lean protein, produce, and whole grains (which being Celiac I can't have unless GF).
  • I will allow 2 meal sized splurges or 3 snack sized splurges per week.

Goal 2: Fitness - try to ease back into it. I would like to complete the following, but a session on the treadmill is an acceptable substitution

• Three days a week spend 30mins completing the 3 fitness blender work outs
  • Yoga Work Out 1 time per week

Life Goals:

• Finish reading 2 books (I have Miss Perrigrins Home for Peculiar Children Book 2 and Harry Potter book 1 in progress)
  • Work on my Scrapbooks (try to finish my Disney Vacation scrapbook this challenge)

Ultimate Goal:

I am shooting for 1lb per week.

• :pig: Thanksgiving is 4wks from the 27th of Oct - lose a total of 4lbs
  • :snowman: Christmas is 8.5 weeks from the 27th of Oct - lose a total of 8.5lbs
  • :star: New Years in 9.5 weeks from the 27th of Oct - lose a total of 9.5lbs (Goal weight of ~160lbs)
  • Like 4

MFP: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/rkonie Name: RKonie

I like the flowchart. I'll be following again.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Monday was Day 1 for me...no lest say today is day 1. Making Halloween day 1 is a bad idea. It sets the challenge up on a negative note. (Starting on a Sunday is very hard for me so I never count sunday (actual day 1) as day 1.) Sunday I spent the day organizing and batch cooking (but not eating very healthy). Monday was celebration day. Halloween is my favorite day of the year. I put on a lot of steps but did have some candy along the way. Also finished up some left over biscuits and sausage gravy. Today is good. Banana and smoothie for breakfast, lunch is packed, and dinner is done (batch cooking for the win). After my daughter goes to bed it is my plan to complete a yoga session or hit the treadmill for some intervals.

Lets do this!

Starting weight this morning was 173.8 (Oh the shame of all the weight gain :o )

Spoiler

244ADDAD-6B14-4B85-B796-CF00ED13D2A4_zps

• Like 5

Morning-

Tuesday was a good food day. I avoided the Halloween candy and ate a reasonable dinner. I did not get in any fitness related activities though. After dinner was gymnastics and then I helped her practice a few things. Then it was off to bed for her and I had to pick up the house.

This morning ate a little too much but I can  recover the day just fine. Tonight I plan on taking down the Halloween decorations.

• Like 2

Wednesday was a good day. Stayed on plan. Again no activity but I got all the Halloween decorations taken down and put in the garage.

Batch cooking so much on Sunday has been a real goal saver this week. No excuses to eat out or go astray. Salsa chicken, pork tenderloin, and chili has given me a variety of flavors to choose from keeping me from being bored. I need to plan something for next week though. Maybe I will experiment with making a light loaf of bread. One that will fulfill WW's idea of healthy bread. A sloppy joe casserole maybe, and I need one more thing?

• Like 1

I  love  your flow chart!! Way to cook ahead this week. I'm relying on my crock pot this week... it seems to be either one or the other!

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

On 10/27/2016 at 6:24 PM, lilbichy said:

I like the goals and flowchart!  Good luck this challenge =)

Thank you

On 11/1/2016 at 10:16 AM, lilbichy said:

Halloween is great for added steps =)

It is great for it. I think I put on over a mile during trick or treating. :)

11 hours ago, Xena said:

Batch cooking on the weekend really helps get things off on the right foot. Good job putting in the time.

And your costume looks great!

I love batch cooking. I don't really enjoy cooking. So making big batches for the week saves me the stress of cooking daily (which I fail to do).  Thank you

9 hours ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

I  love  your flow chart!! Way to cook ahead this week. I'm relying on my crock pot this week... it seems to be either one or the other!

Thank you. I am visual so like to be able to see my goals and have reminders. I love the crock pot but it does heat up the kitchen. I have thought about putting it in the garage to cook. Normally I wouldn't mind but this fall has been abnormally warm, so the house feels hot.

Thursday was a good day. Managed to not snack after dinner, not even my usual bed time snack. No activity again, but I worked late ate a quick dinner then my husband took our daughter to swim lessons (I normally do that). I got an hour of me time. So I pampered myself. I feel great today. Healthy eating and a good nights sleep for the win!

• Like 4

Glad you got some good sleep. How was the rest of the weekend?

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were okay days but my weekends need some self discipline. Batch cooking only gets me through Friday's lunch. Leaving me with Friday night through Sunday night without plans. I kept control for most meals but dinner each night was not healthy. I got some adulting accomplished over the weekend, but not much else. Garlic chicken and beef for fajitas was batch cooked. I have plenty of produce. So I am ready to once again do well this week. But come Thursday I need to plan a caserole or something to make it through the weekend.

I am putting fitness on hold a little until I get scrapbooks done. I need them done and in my hands for Christmas. So I will attempt to work on them every Mon, Wed, and Weekends.

Starting weight 173.8 (11/1/16)

11/7/16 172.5 (-1.3lbs)

• Like 1

Monday was not to shabby. Had to restart my work at work due to a screw up I made. But food was on plan. I am not upset about anything that went into my mouth. After dinner and studying with Micah I studied the candidates. I had not taken time to look at the state positions up for election or anything else for that matter. I wanted to be able to vote today for more than just the president. I managed to select my candidates for the state and federal positions, but did not get to county positions. But at least I was able to vote for state and federal with at least a little knowledge. I feel pretty good about that, and did not vote for county seats. I think voting without knowing the candidates is wrong. I will not vote for a party only a person. Okay enough on that. Today is gymnastic for Micah so probably no fitness again. But food is still on track. Exercise may be necessary in order for me to loose this weight, but I will see what I can do with diet before stressing out about trying to fit in exercise. Just trying to keep control of this roller-coaster we call life.

Have a great day all!

• Like 2

Morning- Wednesday ended up being a good day. Ate well and got my Thanksgiving invites filled out. Hopefully my husband doesn't for get to put them in the mail today. :)

Feeling tense today (I am in fact chewing on a straw...I haven't done that in a long time). I blame all the negativity on Facebook. I like going there to see what folks are up to but lately it all hate and name calling. So I guess I am going to have to quit facebook for a while. Can't change what is done right now so why live in hate and anger. I am an optomistic person who strives to live in a happy/positive mindset. Time to find some happy tunes I think.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 2

Hello-

I will wrap this week up very quickly since there is not much to report. Saturday was a rough food day, but it was a conscious decision and I was in control all other days. I did loose a little more this week. I am trying to not be hard on myself for the weight. I will get it back off if I keep to it. Slow and steady and all that :)

Life Goal:

Finish Disney Scrapbook COMPLETE! Needs a final look over then it can be ordered.

Starting weight 173.8 (11/1/16)

11/7/16 172.5 (-1.3lbs)

11/14/16 171.5 (-1lbs this week, -2.3lbs total)

• Like 5

Monday wasn't too bad. I did have 2 pieces of Halloween candy. But all in all a pretty good day. I feel like I am in a moody funk today. Maybe a good day for some meditation and Enya or Adiemus.

Took a night to relax last night. It felt great. Didn't sleep well though, my back kept waking me up.

Treated myself to what I call my "Happy Smoothie" today. I normally save it for Fridays, but I wanted to try and flip my mood. Peanut Butter and Strawberry with an energy boost and vanilla protein powder. Tastes like a  PB&J sandwich...Yummy! Plus lots of protein to keep me full til lunch. :)

• Like 1