LydiaJaybird Respawns (Again)

LydiaJaybird

So I've been on here before, and every time I'm on here I improve myself. And then something happens (I find excuses) and I drift away from here - broke my foot & got depressed, then moved to Florida & got busy. And once again I find myself back at the beginning of my quest. So I'm respawning at level 1, and I'm really hoping that you guys will be able to help me push on through to get some progress going again. (Really, though, I do markedly better when I actually get some response on here then when I get crickets... so please excuse me for being needy and help me out by dropping in on this thread lots!! I will try to keep it fun with lots and lots of gifs. The theme is Lion King. You're welcome.)

Main Quest - Lose weight - 4 lb minimum

https://media.giphy.com/media/eTdQ4Xk0hvH7a/giphy.gif

I have really let myself go here with excuses... "Oh, my schedule is too early these days to go running anymore." "Oh, I forgot to prep my food over the weekend... just gonna have to order delivery all week." "Oh, I blew my knee out, better sit on my ass and stuff my face to feel better." And now I'm MASSIVE. It's really embarrassing and I'm very over it. I would like my clothes to fit again, thank you very much. So I need to drop the pounds. The minimum is four pounds. One pound a week is hardly a stretch, after all, but I'd like to lose more. I'm not setting my goal any higher, though, because I have a history of trying to do too much to soon, and burning out.

Goals

1. Be Prepared - Do all meal planning Friday, shopping Saturday, and prepping on Sunday.

2. What's on the menu? - Eat only the food prepared. NO MORE DELIVERY. AT ALL. NONE.

3. Move it! - Walk for at least 15 minutes a day.

Life Quest

Professional development. 1 point for each chapter I finish in the psychology of success book I'm reading or 2 points for each section I finish in my CPCU text. I want to take the next CPCU exam before the year is out, and I don't have lots of time left to do that.

Measurements

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 205 lbs T-T

Waist: 33.5"

Hips: 46.5"

Thigh: 29"

(I'll need to measure myself before the challenge starts)

Grading

Each goal will be graded weekly & be worth 1/3 of that week's total grade. Life Points are unlimited extra credit that can be added to my final score! My final grade will be the average of all four weeks plus my Life Goal extra credit. I need to make at least a B (80%) to pass the challenge.
Be Prepared - 7 points total - 2 for each workday meal that I prep on Sunday (gotta do the whole week on Sunday), 1 for planning everything each Friday.

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Be-Prepared-Gif.gif

What's on the Menu? - I know this goal seems redundant after the first one, but it's not been unheard of for me to have food prepped in the fridge and still find a way to eat trash. So this is extra incentive to not take the points for prepping the food and then just not eating it. I'm going to grade this one a bit backwards too. Rather than earning points as the week goes on, I'll start with full points and try to keep them all. I start with 14 points (lunch & dinner every day. I'm not worried about breakfast). Each time I eat "off-menu", I lose a point.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9zcp7IbIU1rbzdkmo10_400.gif

Move it! - So normally this is where I would put something about doing aerials/pole, bodyweight exercises, or running. But instead I'm settling for a 15 minute walk each day. Each day will be one point, so 7 points total. 'Why Jaybird? That won't make a big difference!' Well, first of all, my knee is still kinda kaput. With the help of my brace, I should be able to get back to more intensive exercise in the next couple weeks, but for now? Walking is just about it, and at least I won't be sitting on the couch. Second of all, putting pole as a measurable goal is really a cop out, cus I love going to class and don't need to reward myself with points for going. It's cheating, really. Third and finally, walking 'just' 15 minutes a day may be small and more or less inconsequential, but it adds up. Especially since the 15 is just my minimum. I've got a treadmill desk, and I can easy put in a couple hours playing World of Warcraft, if I have the incentive (points!) to do that instead of lounge on the couch watching Netflix.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130715024547/lionking/images/d/d9/Hakuna_Matata.gif

Exceptions - If I get REALLY sick, I can be exempt. But I have to be SUPER DUPER sick. So sick that I can't even walk for 15 minutes or do a little bit of cooking. I seriously doubt I'll get that sick. *knocks on wood*

Motivation

Besides the outright self-loathing that is quickly developing from the massive amount of fat on me right now, I've also got some material motivations for the challenge! Passing the challenge earns me a new pair of bangarang leggings. I'm thinking the Sylvanas ones! Losing more than 4 pounds earns me grip gloves for pole.

Sylvanas3.jpg?v=1477339347

Tracker

Be Prepared          What's on the Menu?         Move it!             Prof. Dev.            Total

Week 1:        7/7                               10/14                            7/7                     1/0                 25/28(89%)

Week 2:        3/7                               9/14                              4/7                     0/0                 16/28(57%)

Week 3:        7/7                               11/14                            4/7                     0/0                 22/28(79%)

Week 4:        0/7                               14/14                            0/7                     0/0                 14/28

• Like 3

Level 1 Half-elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

'From flabby geek to Sheik and Mystique'

Instagram: LJaybirdfly

Current Challenge:

Your challenge sounds pretty awesome! 

And... I totally want those leggings. o.o

Wildbangarang.com !!! I LOVE their stuff & already own two pairs of their leggings

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Fellow respawn, I shall follow you.

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

Welcome back! [emoji3] Sorry to hear about the knee, what happened? Is there any pole stuff you can still do?

Also, again, welcome back! And love the leggings. 

Thanks!! Yeah.. I was doing a one handed archer up in the air & my grip was really bad, but instead of just coming back down, I tried to save it by hooking my foot on the pole... which pulled my calf one way while my thigh was being pushed away by the pole. And then there was a pop & lots & lots of pain :( I just can't do anything that puts pressure on my knee for now. In like a week I should be good to go, but I still gotta wear a brace. I'm thinking I'll line of those flexible compression braces with latex or pleather so it'll have grip

Current Challenge:

Hello fellow respawn! I'll be sure to drop by often for support since I know how crucial that can be for helping keep on track. When I know people are waiting for updates or are checking in, I do much better! Love the leggings, and I may have to look at that site for rewards for myself! That's a really good idea adding the reward in there.

• Like 2

Current Challenge : Ohlemontine Grindin'

str    ??  |   dex  ??  |   sta   ??  |  con  ??  |    wis  ??  |  cha  ?? 

Mistry  |  Level 1  |  Assassin  |  Half-Elf 

45 minutes ago, LydiaJaybird said:

Thanks!! Yeah.. I was doing a one handed archer up in the air & my grip was really bad, but instead of just coming back down, I tried to save it by hooking my foot on the pole... which pulled my calf one way while my thigh was being pushed away by the pole. And then there was a pop & lots & lots of pain :( I just can't do anything that puts pressure on my knee for now. In like a week I should be good to go, but I still gotta wear a brace. I'm thinking I'll line of those flexible compression braces with latex or pleather so it'll have grip

Oh ouch..... *cringes*

Assassin

**Challenges**

Current Challenge: Black Daiquiri is Wonder Woman

Battle Log: Black Daiquiri battles the pink robots

Previous: 1514 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 76 | 5 | 4 | 321

Hello fellow respawn! I'll be sure to drop by often for support since I know how crucial that can be for helping keep on track. When I know people are waiting for updates or are checking in, I do much better! Love the leggings, and I may have to look at that site for rewards for myself! That's a really good idea adding the reward in there.

Thanks!! I'll be sure to keep track of you too!

Current Challenge:

7 hours ago, ohlemontine said:

I concur, I'm the same way. 

8 hours ago, LydiaJaybird said:

a55f06f49181aa375203f0dd19b68e80.gif

I am so sorry.

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

10 hours ago, LydiaJaybird said:

Ouch. Better your knee than your head, but still. :( But I'm glad you'll be back on the pole soon! :D 

• Like 1

Awesome challenge and what a sweet reward to tempt you along :) excellent choices

Ouch on the knee, I hope it heals up nice and strong again! Can't wait to see you back on the pole!

Walking is a great choice and 15 min is short enough to make you do it and yet long enough to make quite a difference. 

Here for you and this :)

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Ouch. Better your knee than your head, but still. [emoji20] But I'm glad you'll be back on the pole soon! [emoji3] 

Yeah, & it wasn't my ACL, so I'm grateful for that.

Current Challenge:

Awesome challenge and what a sweet reward to tempt you along [emoji4] excellent choices

Ouch on the knee, I hope it heals up nice and strong again! Can't wait to see you back on the pole!

Walking is a great choice and 15 min is short enough to make you do it and yet long enough to make quite a difference. 

Here for you and this [emoji4]

LFD hi!! You found me!! Thanks for stopping in! [emoji2]

Current Challenge:

I've added in a grade tracker to the bottom of my original post to help me score as the month goes on. And now it is time to get to all my Sunday cooking! Cue music!

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Here for some Hakuna Matatas!

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Pretty good first day! Spent it drinking wine, cooking, and doing other domestic chores about the apartment. And now I'm going to go play some WoW on the treadmill and get my walking in for the day. ^-^

• Like 1

Current Challenge: