GI Yasha’s Bootcamp.

Yasha92

Playing off the oo-rah vibe from GI Jane this challenge. Because she is a badass and I also wish to be a badass.

tumblr_mocdaiKiXX1qfw572o1_500.gif

Food-rah: I have been improving greatly from where I used to be (see- multiple fast foods/day, 2L lemonade without even blinking type mess), HOWEVER, it is 9weeks into the 12week challenge that I’m part of at the gym and I’ve lost 500g. I know that’s because I’ve traded in a bunch of fat for muscle instead but I really want badass ‘before and after’*ahem* (during) photos and stats at the end of that challenge. As such- I will be keeping a food diary, photographing every single thing that goes in and being accountable to good behaviour with a variance each week for Monday night game night, and 3 ‘spare’ variances across the whole challenge. I can’t outtrain bad eating, so I need to restrict a bit for this challenge (then loosen up a bit to more sustainability for the lifegoals). I will use MFP to track with a goal of 5858kilojules/1400cal per day (MFP’s suggested to lose a kg/week).

Gym-rah: Continue on this 100% of challenge days streak. So far I haven’t missed a single one. I want to continue that streak right on to the end. This will be Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays every week until 19th Nov, plus one Saturday in zero week and one in the challenge. That’s 14 opportunities to smash it. I've already smashed 40 so far. Easy peas.

Life-rah: I will adopt @Tanktimus the Encourager's weekly domestic rangering list (do laundry, clean bathroom and kitchen and mop and vacuum once per week) a lot of this will be done on Sunday/Monday afternoon as we host the weekly DnD night at our house on a Monday evening. For the purpose of this challenge ‘do laundry’ includes FOLD and PUT AWAY. Sunday evening I will post photos of any piles of shame for people to mock mercilessly. This is not a hard step, and yet it is where I always fall down.

I am focussing on improving my life, why? Because I want to have a life worth living. There is no point getting up just to go to work, to come home to sleep. I want to feel good, I want to look good. This is not a punishment, this is a deal: do better, be better. Ooh-Rah!

• Like 5

Hi Yasha! You are getting up to some major badassery then! :D Awesome! 

Following for the Ooh-Rah!'s

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Following! You can defeat the laundry dragon.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Food-rah: 3076dac2e0aa45c47947645cfe5f4578.jpg

fe5c3290262363949b8b98bebec365d2.jpg

fb96b2b62b4bd047da3832c26bd49d17.jpg

494a9d091835e887e08e99ff03cfc182.jpg

72f4ca455243c9df414e0882e78e7f9c.jpg

A carrot dunked twice in hommus (I was in a rush, didn't have time to chop into sticks for dipping and I forgot to take a photo of it), two scrambled eggs with a handful of spinach, a tomato, half a sweet potato. chicken, a potato, part of a cob of corn (it wasn't exciting and I felt full so I didn't finish it) the rest of the sweet potato. Snackwise I had a piece of nougat and a glass of cordial, I didn't need either of those, so I'll keep an eye out for sugar traps once the challenge properly begins tomorrow. Still came in well under the goal at 3555/5858kilojules and not hungry. I did take a long nap though, which didn't leave me much time to be hungry.

Gym-rah: Continued on this 100% of challenge days streak. Outside session today and it was overcast, I thought it was going to be cold, but it was in the 20s [emoji767] and very humid. Lots of body weight exercises (150 squats and 50 butterfly sit-ups as the warm up) as well as a fair chunk of running. I took my shoes off since we were on the grass and it felt great! First time I've run without pain in a long long time. I'll be bringing into the challenge some barefoot time, to try and stretch out my feet more and to reconnect with the earth. I'm thinking an hour a week, so this week is done with the hour outside session. br /> Life-rah: ran a load of laundry which is in the dryer ready to be folded tomorrow. Ran the dishwasher.

So a weird thing happened this afternoon- I was puttering about in the kitchen and the buzzer rang, I checked the video and didn't recognise the dude, so I picked up and explained that the buzzers are redirecting to the wrong houses at the moment and to ring the person who he was trying to visit. Dude was borderline aggressive telling me he was here to visit his sister but he didn't know what number she was and he didn't have her phone number so I should just let him into the building. I said no- that I don't let people I don't know into the building, then wished him luck and hung up the intercom phone. No lie he stood there pressing the button to try and get me to pick up seven times. It was a little scary, but just confirmed my initial no was the correct choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Hi Yasha! You are getting up to some major badassery then! [emoji3] Awesome! 

Following for the Ooh-Rah!'s

Thanks Jon! I'm ready to kick some serious butt this challenge :)

Following! You can defeat the laundry dragon.

Welcome! I've set a load in the dryer today ready for the fold-a-thon tomorrow:)

Great looking challenge! I sooo feel you on the laundry thing... Folding and putting away are my stumbling block as well.

Awesome job on your current workout streak! Keep it up!

thanks! There's just something about migrating from the basket to the drawers that stops me all the time.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

No lie he stood there pressing the button to try and get me to pick up seven times. It was a little scary, but just confirmed my initial no was the correct choice.

That's when you call the police.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

"I am focussing on improving my life, why? Because I want to have a life worth living. There is no point getting up just to go to work, to come home to sleep. I want to feel good, I want to look good. This is not a punishment, this is a deal: do better, be better. Ooh-Rah! "

Love this!^^^

• Like 3

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I will not miss all this awesome-rah gong on over here!

The food pics looked very tasty! I forgot to strap on my bib before I peeked in your thread ;)

W0lf

"Maximum Effort!"

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I love being barefoot! Such a good feeling and apparently quite good for you.

That is super creepy about that guy though - good instincts, for sure.

I had been avoiding being barefoot for a long time, I guess because of fear of foot pain/reliance on orthodics, since I had a foot scan a year ago and had been wearing shoes ever since my feet actually got worse (not needing orthodics is below 34, I was initially 74, then on the most recent scan 104, I've decided to be barefoot and do some foot stretches from the NF foot pain article then do another scan to see if it improves). Yeah glad I called it a no on the dude, people who don't take 'no' immediately ring my alarm bells because who knows what else they'll ignore.

That's when you call the police.

Yup that was my plan, finish my cooking then call the cops if he was still there. Mr was home and put front door locks as well so I wasn't too frightened, the dude was gone when I finished cooking so either someone else let him in or he got bored and wandered off.

"I am focussing on improving my life, why? Because I want to have a life worth living. There is no point getting up just to go to work, to come home to sleep. I want to feel good, I want to look good. This is not a punishment, this is a deal: do better, be better. Ooh-Rah! "

Love this!^^^

Thanks Elastigirl :) I wrote it as a bit of a reminder to myself as a mini stream of consciousness and was surprised how accurate and applicable it was.

I will not miss all this awesome-rah gong on over here!

The food pics looked very tasty! I forgot to strap on my bib before I peeked in your thread [emoji6]

W0lf

"Maximum Effort!"

Welcome aboard wolf brother! You should know better on the bib front by now :P glad to have you along.

So I'm suffering the running DOMs today, ooh my legs and bum, feels good though, like I worked hard :)

• Like 2

Food-rah:

we blew the budget so we're eating all the stuff from the pantry and the back of the fridge until payday (tues night). A carrot, two slices of tofu with pesto, a tomato, a spoon of peanut butter, plate of berries at friend's house (there was also hot choc-filled croissants which I managed to avoid, just barely),three boiled eggs, a tin of tuna, a tin of creamed corn sprinkled with cheese, couscous with frozen veggies mixed in. 4f2024b1f741da94706b88b5f0a33d55.jpg0b9099ae26ca6f11fad836e75482d5ff.jpg7093bb796a95f9d5e2d66104c5904b88.jpg4d1351155eaec56bb455070e3eb40358.jpg, again well under the goal at 2956/5858kilojules, the eggs brought it up to a reasonable level, and the tuna, otherwise was a little worried about being too far under too many days in a row.

Gym-rah: rest day and the running DOMS from yesterday are real! Whimpered my way to our friends house and accepted a lift home... Life-rah: Ran the dishwasher, took out the trash and cleared the bench and wiped it. Did not do the folding, as promised the pile of shame bd2b433807b98dbdfcfe46f6622b3b61.jpg.

Had an ok day, though it didn't feel very ooh-rah. Was going to stay home and clean while Mr went to the guys game, but got a big dose of the leftover heebie jeebies about being by myself so I tagged along and sat on the couch watching Netflix while they played. Once we got home Mr went to bed (still catching up on nightshift hours) and I finished off my app for a big upcoming job then cleaned a little and headed to bed. Feeling a bit drained really, so calling it an early night.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

bd2b433807b98dbdfcfe46f6622b3b61.jpg.

At least they aren't still in the dryer.

• Like 4

At least they aren't still in the dryer.

Cheers for that Tank :) made a little dent in it pre-gym, folded all the tea towels and the gym clothes, still a multitude of socks and jocks and the piles of folded things are on the couch. Mr said he'll put away the foldeds while I'm at work, here's hoping :)

• Like 3

Grit your teeth, tie a bandana around your head and go to war against the laundry dragon! It is so hard to get it from the couch to the closet. I think it is the difference between having to do something and should do. You have to wash and dry because the alternative is just eww. But you only should put it away. You'll feel better if you do ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Grit your teeth, tie a bandana around your head and go to war against the laundry dragon! It is so hard to get it from the couch to the closet. I think it is the difference between having to do something and should do. You have to wash and dry because the alternative is just eww. But you only should put it away. You'll feel better if you do [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Mr hasn't done it by the time I get home I feel a silly video in the future...

• Like 1

If Mr hasn't done it by the time I get home I feel a silly video in the future...

Mr did some of the folding, so I did some of the putting away...

https://vimeo.com/189588973

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Mr did some of the folding, so I did some of the putting away...

https://vimeo.com/189588973

Too funny!

tumblr_inline_mxd99oayMs1rg0g8s.gif

Thank you, you've just made my Monday!!! Keep up the battle against the folding beast!

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Food-rah:

we blew the budget so we're eating all the stuff from the pantry and the back of the fridge until payday (tues night). Coffee 1 sug, a banana, 20 almonds (counting them out for mfp kinda sucks), apple with peanut butter (ignore the other things in that pic- the hommous was mouldy and the eggs raw in the middle, yes I was having a bad food day... couscous, veggie bake and some green veg from friends Chinese. 4314/5858kilojules, didn't use my variance, had a coffee instead of an energy drink even though I hate coffee, ignored the chips and ate fruit and green veg instead.734a3bfda7fc8af091afb004d9e0e1bb.jpg

96f47115f04800074515962394c78552.jpg

7c4674b3bd76c41ba58310b04c09f3bd.jpg

4400b937a9b97463a584daf3d8ffb5a1.jpg

2704c7e0f65ac2ed5716056781361817.jpg

71d09158efa92d00242bc94055b6b571.jpg

Gym-rah: 6ac7c9ae7a41e00f3b584a3de2e4aa63.jpg

After the warm up and the shuttles we had to try and get through 100 of each of the exercises in whatever order we wanted, I chose in blocks of 25 and got through 50of all, 75 of box jumps and 74 rows. 'Teas hard but good. Still sore from the sprints from Sat.Life-rah: Mr did a bunch of cleaning in prep for friends coming over, I helped to put away some of the folding, but found two more baskets stashed in the closet, folded most of one, then left the rest. I've decided I have too many clothes since my drawers are full and there's still folding.

• Like 5
. I've decided I have too many clothes since my drawers are full and there's still folding.

I have this problem, everytime I actually get caught up on the laundry. Fortunately that's not too often [emoji14]

The hubs has decided that putting all the clothing from the bedroom floor in the laundry room is the new strategy. We'll see how it goes. At least the bedroom looks clean!

• Like 2

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

I have this problem, everytime I actually get caught up on the laundry. Fortunately that's not too often [emoji14]

The hubs has decided that putting all the clothing from the bedroom floor in the laundry room is the new strategy. We'll see how it goes. At least the bedroom looks clean!

I've thought about it and come to the realisation that when we moved I gave up two drawers to Mr so our clothes could be in the same room, no wonder space is a bit tight!

• Like 1

Today was... I guess not as bad as my lizard brain would like to say it was, there were several good elements, basically I ate like an asshole and felt it even as it was happening. I got some feedback regarding my interview which I really felt was just cookie-cutter stuff, that they had to say something other than 'we wanted the other person for the role'. I love feedback and taking it on to improve but this was bull 'you seemed nervous' - not constructive and also not true, eh, pushing on. It was Melbourne cup day (a big horse race) so everyone dressed up and brought morning tea things. Initially I was really good, took a little plate of good choices, but during the race itself I had a glass of my old nemesis: lemonade. Once I had one I had another, until in total I had three champagne flutes of lemonade. I was looking for the bottle when my actual brain clicked back on and I didn't have any more lemonade, but by then I'd already eaten a whole bunch of puff pasty things and other assorted nonsense (so much for my carrot sticks). I went nuts and I wasn't happy about my behaviour. After that I spent most of the afternoon feeling sorry for myself with a big tummy ache and felt like I started a whole lot more tasks than I finished... oh well, tomorrow is a new day. Also the wildlife rescue person who I gave some old Tshirts to be used as box liners brought me a baby sugar glider to visit (google them, they're adorable!) so that made it more of an ok afternoon.

Food-rah: started out well, banana, apple, snow peas, tuna, carrot sticks with hommous, a little bit of cheese, some berries... then the morning tea lemonade trap got me and I pigged out on all sorts of junk. Went to friends after work to take Mr his work uniform change of clothes and ate three slices of pizza and a cider. Shaking it off, spending a challenge variance and sacrificing anything I thought of banking from not using Monday's planned variance. Onwards, to good choices tomorrow!

. ???/5858kilojules, too many treats that I didn't know how to track... 84ccf8cb817c15545c090bd7abf57b52.jpg

acf0bfa3cf6e8fcf499a9e6e582bdda4.jpgc88fb836627eab924ebcd9dac635ea70.jpg

2567bdb5df555e668e14ee22a9c61070.jpg

5c4887bfcec1e9ccbcd9e8d583aa2730.jpg

8e9f8ea406af463a7732088dfcebcad5.jpg

Gym-rah: rest day today.Life-rah: stacked the dishwasher, brushed my teeth.

• Like 4

That spread would be difficult for me to resist as well.

• Like 2

That spread would be difficult for me to resist as well.

They had leftovers today, I managed to avoid them today :)

Much better day today, despite two of my staff calling in sick and one going home early we managed to stay on top of things (one staff stayed back late and we just all helped each other out to get it done). I'm trying not to think about giving it up once the TL comes back from his holiday, just focussing on how things are progressing under my leadership and not worry about him.

Food-rah: much better today, ate heaps and still scraped in just under goal. banana, apple, probiotic, tuna, lasagne without pasta (so meat sauce with cheese I guess?), baked potato with a little bit of cheese, a punnet of blue berries, bunch of almonds, a very large cup of herbal tea, there was a fruit plate which I had some of, lasagne sauce for dinner to which I added a handful of spinach for extra veg.

. 5826/5858kilojules. 16584b40bdee00dd5ac079e62d797998.jpg102824fc377c40506681de3c6ae4db7b.jpg53de923a2b92bf35b3fe0370b20ee342.jpg315cbdcf7b52da78a02b7b57ecdb69c7.jpg

Gym-rah: fdf114ebe2729962c02554f2592aacf4.jpg pretty brutal one this morning, I was using a strong resistance band for the -ups (was swapping between chin and pull) and managed to get through to part 3 completed 10, 9 and 8. Pretty wiped by then end but I felt like I had done well. I feel like I'm smellier now though... dunno if my gym gear isn't getting fully clean in the wash or because it's hotter I'm noticing it more, but getting some 'sport' washing powder is on my to-do list, or a big bottle of vinegar.Life-rah: teeth and walked barefoot outside for 20 mins.

• Like 3