• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KingLui

Let's do this, Lui!

I signed up only yesterday and since the 4 week challenges are about to start it seems to be the perfekt timing to just DO this! 

Been reading nerdfitness posts (like a maniac) for about a year but it never actually occurred to me to sign up, as I have made some bad experiences with "fitness communities" over the the last 1,5 years. 

But Nerdfitness is so different from these communities! 

So I guess I've finally come to the right place :) 

(I've loved to play Wow, Skyrim, Oblivion, Dragon Age, Dragons Dogma - right now I'm nerding out on Final Fantasy tactics advance ) 

I'll bore you more about myself on my members page I guess :) (but just some more stats - 27 years, 71 kg/ 156,528lbs, 179cm/ 70,4724 inch of height )

So here is my 4-week challenge plan:

Diet (pick two) 

• No beer
  • 2-3 green smoothies a week

Fitness (pick one)

• Do Step1 exercises from "convict conditioning" every day.
  • Sign up for Wing Chun classes and go once a week (next to "no beer" the hardest part :) and the most important as I need to confront myself, stand up for myself and not get pushed around by others - so actually it's a goal for "fitness" and "level up your life" )

Level Up Your Life (Pick One)

• As of Saturday I'll be unemployed so I don't want to stay in bed all day being miserable - so: Get out everyday! 

Yeah, that should be doable and it's easy to keep track.

Is there some sort of online chart where i can write down my goals and cross them out? (since uploading pictures of my "manual chart" is kind of complicated for me and i don't want this to be holding me back but I also want my progress to be visible for anyone who is interested) 

So, cheers from Germany (yeah, "no beer" will be hard ;P  ) 

I'm quite excited about all this! :)

• Like 1

I don't think that there is an online chart, but plenty of people make them in Excel, or track it within their signatures. Or you could post the result without the chart every few days to keep people in the loop, but don't feel pressured to. Most people update their challenge threads with a few things every so often. 

What green smoothies are you having? I'm trying to pick it up, but none of the recipes are particularly tasty :( 

And you can do the Wing Chun! Signing up is often one of the hardest parts, but 20 seconds of courage is all you need. You've got this!

32 minutes ago, IAmInfinite said:

What green smoothies are you having? I'm trying to pick it up, but none of the recipes are particularly tasty :( 

And you can do the Wing Chun! Signing up is often one of the hardest parts, but 20 seconds of courage is all you need. You've got this!

well for the smoothies I just mix something up, whatever pops in my mind and feels alright :)

some baby spinach or lamb's lettuce or arugula or Kale 

than fruits that I like - pineapple, apple, banana, pear or berries 

I really should write some good combinations down, as it always feels like

fa5.jpg

As for Wing Chun - I just called the trainer and made an "appointment" to come in on Monday next week 

w00t! :) Thanks, IAmInfinite

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Akari said:

Juhu, ein Deutscher mehr. Willkommen an Bord. :D 

Hey Akari! 

Just read your introduction - I began to learn Japanese too. 

When I was 14years old I got addicted with anime and manga - as there weren't "any" mangas online in german I quickly learned english reading manga ;)

I even learned japanese through english because I didn't find any online courses/learning sheets in german.

Haven't really learned any japanese for a long time now - maybe 5 to 7 years - but it's one of my goals for the long run to be able to have whole conversations in japanese

Good job on keeping at it, Akari! 

Hai genki desu! :)

Last day of work was horrible:D 

But now I can finally look for a job that I love, wich is SO good (I'm a female carpenter and worked at Lindt(chocolate manufacturer) in the canteen, cleaning the dishes :D after I dropped out of a private university - the best and almost only good part was, I got the leftovers and gave them to the homeless ) 

And yeah it's so exciting to recognize words in anime - my first word was 'baka' hehe

On 4.11.2016 at 7:01 AM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Congraz on making the martial arts appointment. I hope you enjoy your first lesson.

Yeah, I did. ..for the first two hours, then I was quite exhausted after riding my bike all day + 12km / 7,5miles to get to the training and learning an unusual stand, staying in this position, learning new movements... my body was cramped up and stiff :) but the teachers are nice, we connected fast and had some laughs. 

and another thing - this wasn't even the school I called (couldn't make it to the 'appointment' because I stayed at a friends house in another town, enjoying unemployment/life/ some relaxing friend-time) and it feels like through not making it to the 'appointment' I found the right place to be because I felt comfortable from the start. -nobody looked strange at me and they were all friendly. 

Let's see how it will go for the rest of the challenge.

As I was riding there I only thought about me being a robot or about being a Charakter in a game being controlled by someone else so I could go through with it! The hardest part was to get on my bike, as soon as I entered the arena (gymnasium) all my worries flew away :D

• Like 1

I started a spreadsheet for the challenge - let's see if I'm doing this right ^^ 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13e0TjigzfGW58CbBfSXaxXgN3EupQwnHnmqCs3F6Jn0/edit#gid=0

going out today will be difficult.... I started reading NF posts from the first post in 2008 and reading all about nutrition information that I can get my hands on. collecting underpands all day long. 

and I have difficulty on drinking smoothies as it's not so appealing/satisfying to me as some rice noodels cooked with tumeric and pumkin would be... meh. (but I'm gonna go, make one right NOW ... my only motivation: fear of not completing my challenge before this weeks "deadline".... ) 

Hey there @KingLui and welcome to NF! Very excited to see a new Wing Chun practitioner here :D there are a few of us but not many. Also I gave up beer a little over a year ago myself, it gets easier over time ;) Will be excited to hear about your progress, and good luck!

On 7.11.2016 at 8:45 AM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Hi KingLui,

I forgot to invite you to the Monks Courtyard. Just stop by and say halo, talk with us about martial arts or jump into the current off topic.

If you encounter any problems just ask right away. :)

@Luciana Valerosa Culming : thank you for the invite, I'l surely spent some time there in the future, as i'm quite interested in martial art :)

On 5.11.2016 at 7:49 PM, RedStone said:

Hey there @KingLui and welcome to NF! Very excited to see a new Wing Chun practitioner here :D there are a few of us but not many. Also I gave up beer a little over a year ago myself, it gets easier over time ;) Will be excited to hear about your progress, and good luck!

@RedStone 

Thank you for welcoming me :)

The beer thing was, surprisingly, not hard at all o.O    well, I drank wine (only good wine) and I never went to party (were I would normaly drink beer only) but even though, I would say, trough this 4 weeks not drinking beer I saw that I could do things differently, I dind't have to drink beer with my flatmates or friends to have fun ( and I felt better than them the morning after) - so I guess I will drink far less in the future than I would have. 

I'm not even excited about drinking beer again ;D

and overall my challenge wasn't so easy to fullfill as I had expected 

first - I went for wing chun class only once - the other 3 times I made up excuses big time, wasn't in town and felt miserable because I stopped smoking last wednesday. 

second - nerdfitness and my goals came to my mind mostly when I was about to sleep and than it would be too late for smoothies for example

buuut I really don't feel bad about not doing everything I had on my list

I did more than half of it and I kid you not, I wouldn't have gone to wing chung ONCE if not for this challenge ;)

the great things that has come out of this challenge are: 

I went for wing chung once

I stopped smoking - and that was the only reason to hold me back from running(the one thing I didn't have to kick my own butt to actually do it - I really get happiness out of it) - I added walking 3times a week to my plan to built up on and start running again soon

no beer! <3 awesome

every day that I went out (even if it wasn't every single day of the challenge) i rode my bike for at least 16km / about 10miles - wich is nice

I didn't change anything about my diet but i started to track everything I eat and already made some discoveries that i will start tackling in the next challenge :)

...I gained 2,5 kg / 5.5 pounds :D

overall I say my first challenge was a (77%) success :victorious:

• Like 1