Neila

After completing her studies, it was time for Neila to adventure out on her own, with just her partner for guidance and companionship.

Miles away from the only home she has ever known, she has become lonely, and bored, without enough activity to occupy her days.

She overeats to fill the time, but soon her meager wardrobe will no longer fit, and she cannot afford replacements.

With her boredom and loneliness she has come to find that the only solution is to dedicate her free time to bettering herself. The world is a dangerous place, and she cannot rely solely on her partner for protection.

These four weeks are the beginning of her journey towards bettering herself. She has five goals to complete for the duration of the challenge:

1) She will not drink Liquid Calories; she has a weakness for ale, and it makes her vulnerable. This is counterproductive to her goals.

2) She will consume a high-protein breakfast 5 days a week; reprogramming her body to process protein, kick-start the morning, and work towards getting stronger.

3) She will not consume snacks after the day's work is completed; it is expensive, and unproductive caloric intake. Eating a healthy supper will be more productive.

4) She will eat a homemade dinner 6 times a week; the local tavern, while tasty, is both expensive and unhealthy. Eating at home, while time-consuming, will help her towards her goal of losing weight.

5) She will complete 3 workouts a week; On Mondays she will go to Rogue Fitness to complete a workout with Sweaty John, her trainer, then Wednesday and Friday she will complete the NFA Bodyweight Workout 2A (Wednesdays) and 2B (Fridays) with the appropriate NF Handstands exercises added each day. 

Neila has an extended journey ahead of her. This is just the beginning.

• Like 1

Neila -- Level 0 -- Wood Elf

STR|0|DEX|0|STA|0|CON|0|WIS|0|CHA|0|

I'm loving the introduction! Though the colour is slightly difficult to read.

Sounds like a really good challenge! All the best, and I look forward to hearing what meals you come up with! 

Kender Rogue    --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Battle Log ~ Epic Quest  ~ Insta 

3 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

I'm loving the introduction! Though the colour is slightly difficult to read.

Sounds like a really good challenge! All the best, and I look forward to hearing what meals you come up with! 

Using a darker font definitely seems like a good idea-- I'm just a sucker for purple :0P

Day 2 Update:

Sunday Neila successfully completed the following steps:

1) No liquid calories (except 1 beer which was planned for ahead of time) (1/7)

2) Did not complete (0/5)

3) Did not complete (0/5)

4) Ate leftover homemade pizza (1/6)

5) Did not complete (0/3)

Monday:

1) No liquid calories (2/7)

2) 3 large eggs-scrambled (1/5)

3) No snacks! (Although Halloween Candy was tempting as efffff) (1/5)

4) Ate leftover homemade pizza (2/6)

5) Completed NFA Bodyweight Workout 2B (long-story short, couldn't make it to my trainer. So I worked at home!) (1/3)

Neila is feeling good about the beginning of this personal challenge. While there have already been several bumps along the journey, she has quickly adapted and responded appropriately. The goal is to maintain this momentum. I shall work hard in order to complete the first week, going strong!

• Like 1

I love purple so much as well. I used to hate the colour pink because I felt it was forced on me, but now I realise that I actually do quite like it!

And congrats on doing so well, especially battling through this spooky scary halloween! :D

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Battle Log ~ Epic Quest  ~ Insta 

Day 3 and 4 Update:

1) She did not consume liquid calories (4/7)

2) 3 large eggs--scrambled, day 3 only (2/5)

3) No snacks either day! (3/5)

4) Ate left-over pizza, day 3 only (3/6)

5) Completed 30 minutes of Elliptical at level 4, and completed NFA Bodyweight 2A (2/3)

She is keeping momentum, and will keep pushing.

So I have a confession to make. And this is dumb. I know it's dumb. But here it is.

I started out the first few days strong (because a few days isn't that difficult).

And then I tanked. I just kept making excuses.

And my first reaction and thought was to jump on here. And lie about it.

And that's dumb.

Because no one here cares if I had a soda when I said I didn't. It doesn't effect anyone but me.

It's ultimately making more excuses about why I'm not in control of myself, of my body, of my life. Again.

It's only perpetuating where I am, and where I'm clearly unhappy.

But I let myself get away with it again and again.

So tomorrow... honest reporting. Working on the diet.

Because I have to get in shape for my wedding... 196 days.

Congrats on being honest with yourself. There's a certain element of peer pressure here, which generally tried to be positive, but you are surrounded by others trying to do similar stuff, and they seem to be succeeding, and you want to be as well, so you create that appearance to seem better. But we're here to encourage you. If you had that soda, we're here to help you not have that soda tomorrow, or later today. We don't focus on making you guilty for that soda you had. We all mess up, we all make mistakes. Go to practically anyone's challenge, and they've messed up. 

But you've messed up, you've seen that, and now you've got to grow from it. Life is all about learning and growing and developing. Why are you tanking, how do you stop yourself from messing up? What can you do to make your life easier? You've messed up, and you may mess up again, but you need a bit of mess to make life interesting. You need a bit of dirt to grow anything. 

So all the best for the rest of the challenge, and you've got this! Your wedding is going to be amazing!