• Waist 31 1/2"
  • Belly 36"
  • Hips 41"
  • Thigh 23 1/2"
  • Body Fat 27.33%

Goals

Sleep

tumblr_n1htorGk8g1sozb22o1_500.gif

• Bed by 10:30pm unless socializing - I'm going to try some different things to see if I can figure this out +2 CON +2 CHA

Cardio

cardio-gif.gif

• 30 minutes of cardio at least 1x per week +1 STA
  • Swim 1x per week +1 STA

Mobility

Bear-GIF.gif

• Daily mobility - foam rolling/lacrosse balling + stretching +1 DEX
  • Yoga class or video 1x per week +1 DEX

The List

tumblr_inline_o4kscwKEs41rcotqh_500.gif

• Write in journal weekly +1 WIS
  • Work on 2 to-do list things per day, or 1 big thing +1 WIS

Food

cine-7.gif

• Food prep on Sundays for Monday-Friday (breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner) +2 CON
  • Keep (trying)/doing IIFYM +1 CON

Pullups

red-panda-pull-ups-o.gif

• At least 10 (attempted) pull-ups daily +2 STR

Mini Challenge

• Week 1: We're all Rangers now! COMPLETE
    • Whether we like it or not, there is a long road ahead.  It'll take the unity of all our party to see this action through.  The road will be long, the journey tough, the effort herculean, and the rewards intangible.  Gather your courage this week by sharing a tale of your abilities.  Share a story of a triumph or tragedy you experience this week to bolster your comrades' faith in you.

If nothing comes to mind, hit the gym and tell us all about an incredible workout you completed or PR you set.

• Week 2: The Long Road Ahead COMPLETE
    • Leaving behind nothing but a demolished and ransacked guildhall, a few circles of stones which had once been cookfires, and a discarded piece of refuse or two, the raiding band departed from the Ranger's Clearing, a dell in the woods which had hosted generations untold of Ranger Gatherings. 

Now dark mountains beckon.  Smoke rising in the distance.  The trains of refugees fleeing devastated villages and townships have trickled and stopped.  Only decaying bodies remain where once proud settlements stood.  We're nearing our destination... steel your heart, and ready your muscles for whatever may present itself in our path.

It's bodyweight week.  Keep a running total of your bodyweight exercises throughout the week and record your total in the tracking spreadsheet.  We're just aiming to get a good pump on so our limps are limber for the battles to come!

• Week 3: Week III:  Preparing For The Wars To Come COMPLETE
    • Smoke crested the hill.  A scout reported back having seen a medium sized battalion of dark armored creatures and their demonic summons a short march away.  Harrgath convened his war council in short order.  The unanimous decision was made that the combined guild would raid this force for much-needed supplies and armaments.
    • Harrgath paced through his assembled force.  Archers readied their bows, swordsmen and women ran whetstones down the lengths of their blades, pikemen and spearwomen ensured the shafts of their polearms were secure.  Meanwhile the senior Ranger ran a gloved finger along the wide blade of his twin axes.  This would be a feast for crows, a sword song, a dance with axes and shields and spears.  He would be a Lord of War, commanding a great host of warriors eager to avenge fallen comrades.  He spared a glance across the camp and smiled a grim grin at the clash of steel to come on the morrow.
    • Preparation for battle is all about mobility and being warm enough to execute any series of movements in the dance of battle.  Select a series of mobility exercises to help warm yourself up.  Next week will be the class with our first foes, so prepare yourselves and steel your nerves!
  • Week 4: And All The Wars To Follow
    • The sword song was sung.
    • Arrows hammered shield, hide, pierced chainmail and flesh alike.  Axes hacked limbs from body.  Daggers found the delicate places on a man's body even in the chaos of battle.  Screams and cries were as the wind, howling and shattering the silence.  Many fell that day, and many more would in the days to come as their succumbed to their wounds found on that fateful field.  It was a rout still, though many friends were laid to rest at twilight, draped in their cloaks to hide their lifeless eyes from grief-stricken friends.
    • No quarter was asked and none given.  Only one body emerged from the morass of slain foes alive.  When questioned by the senior Ranger Harrgath, when it was demanded he reveal his patron, his master, one name escaped from tortured lips.
    • "...Loki."
    • It's the final week of your challenge, ladies and gentlemen, and we have much more story to tell.  A battle hard-won deserves celebration, but not before we finish this week out.  Your goal this week is for 100% completion of your challenge goals.  It doesn't matter what else has happened all challenge long, Week 4 is going to crash and burn before our combined efforts.  Share your accomplishments here, tell us what efforts you made to wrap up Week 4 successfully, and then give us a glance into what your celebratory efforts might be.

To Do List

• Get a haircut
  • Work on Imagining Other Earths on Coursera
  • Shrink sweater sleeves
  • Sew jeans
  • Sew leggings
  • Look for NZ/Aus shot glasses
  • Clean off desk/printer table (aka The Corner of Doom) & find AAO certificate
  • Consolidate boat lists
  • YL website - image gallery; design
  • Make list of accounts/passwords - started
  • Files in 'school'?
  • Finish white skirt
  • Clean green purse
  • Drawing
  • Officially change address (yes, I moved out of my parents' place 3 years ago, what?)
  • Get watch button fixed; get other watch a new battery
  • Tidy
    • Closet
    • Wardrobe (bottom)
    • Bathroom cabinets
    • Dresser top
    • Bookshelves
    • Grey drawers
  • Clean
    • Kitchen cupboards - buy jars
    • Dust - bedroom done
    • Vacuum - bedroom done

The Road So Far

Week 1:

• Sleep 1/7
  • Cardio 1/1 Swim 0/1
  • Mobility 3/7 Yoga 0/1
  • Journal 1/1 The List /7
  • Food Prep 1/1 Tracking 7/7
  • Pull-ups 7/7

Week 2:

• Sleep 0/7
  • Cardio 1/1 Swim 0/1
  • Mobility 4/7 Yoga 1/1
  • Journal 1/1 The List 7/7
  • Pull-ups 7/7

Week 3:

• Sleep 5/7
  • Cardio 2/1 Swim /1
  • Mobility 7/7 Yoga 1/1
  • Pull-ups 7/7

Week 4:

• Sleep 1/7
  • Cardio 1/1 Swim /1
  • Mobility 5/7 Yoga 0/1
  • Pull-ups 7/7
  • Like 5

Following!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Following along again.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I kinda dropped off the radar this week. It was a combination of stupid-brain-problems, not sleeping well (partially because of the aforementioned brain problems, on Wednesday because baseball), and deciding that all I had to do was the minimum in order to not stress myself out about not doing things. So I ended up doing fairly well, except on sleep and mobility. Hopefully this week will be better

Week 1:

• Sleep 0/7
  • Cardio 1/1 Swim 0/1
  • Mobility 3/7 Yoga 0/1
  • Pull-ups 7/7
  • Like 4
On 10/30/2016 at 1:22 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Following for shrunken sweater sleeves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I push the sleeves up my arms, and then they stretch out and don't fit right, and now I have to fix them... 

On 10/30/2016 at 2:52 PM, jstanlick said:

Following!

*waves*

On 10/30/2016 at 3:21 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

I love the pics (gifs) and I see the list is loooooooooooooooooooooong as usual. Here to see you beat that list.

Hopefully I'll make good progress on it this time around!

On 10/30/2016 at 3:38 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again.

Yay!

On 10/31/2016 at 5:39 AM, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53b694fbe4b046129f326d36/t/54773969e4b05b52c3593d5a/1417099625248/

Too cute!

On 11/1/2016 at 9:50 PM, obax said:

Found you! Following, as always!

Hey!

On 11/2/2016 at 10:44 AM, mr_willes said:

Hey Maegs, i'll be following along!

whoo!

• Like 4

Hey you!

That pesky bedtime was such a hard thing for me to navigate, and I can still get off track with it. The only thing I found that worked at all (and it worked really well) was to completely move everything important in my day to super early. Seriously, starting with the oh-dark-hundred workout when my feet hit the floor, with lots of water during and followed by a druid-approved snack/meal afterward. I wasn't allowed to check my phone or any electronic device until after eating. Seriously. And somehow, it worked. It still works. And bizarrely enough everything else that I have on my list comes so much more easily, especially the not-killing-normal-people part.

So, take it for what it's worth.

If I wanted to ever be online, I had to go bike to Mordor or walk or lift weights (no less than 30 minutes total), drink some water and eat eggs (sometimes with swiss and basil and tomato) and a banana beforehand. Totally worth it.

• Like 4

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

9 hours ago, Xena said:

How's week 2 treating you?

I like @Heidi's strategy. I'm going to steal some version of that, I think.

Let me know how it works for you, and best of luck!

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 |

Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

On 11/7/2016 at 10:39 AM, Heidi said:

Hey you!

That pesky bedtime was such a hard thing for me to navigate, and I can still get off track with it. The only thing I found that worked at all (and it worked really well) was to completely move everything important in my day to super early. Seriously, starting with the oh-dark-hundred workout when my feet hit the floor, with lots of water during and followed by a druid-approved snack/meal afterward. I wasn't allowed to check my phone or any electronic device until after eating. Seriously. And somehow, it worked. It still works. And bizarrely enough everything else that I have on my list comes so much more easily, especially the not-killing-normal-people part.

So, take it for what it's worth.

If I wanted to ever be online, I had to go bike to Mordor or walk or lift weights (no less than 30 minutes total), drink some water and eat eggs (sometimes with swiss and basil and tomato) and a banana beforehand. Totally worth it.

This week I've been so tired that I haven't been able to get up early - I get up when I have to to make it to work on time, but no earlier. And then when I get home I have no energy to do anything so I veg for a while until I heat up dinner (batch cooking ftw), and then try to get a few things done. And then usually when I go to bed it's when I can't keep my eyes open anymore.. 

That's too bad about the swimming, but it sounds like it should be open again for next time 'round, at least.

That last week seemed to be a doozy for a lot of people. I know it was for me... I blame the time change, and the resulting darkness (among other things). Hopefully this coming week takes an upswing for you!!

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Bummer about the swimming!

I hear you about being tired -- I was tired for the last two weeks in a row with no "good reason" that I could find.  Sometimes a switch in my routine is all that it takes to throw me completely out of whack and hibernating.

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Hi there! Following along. I'm also working on sleep this challenge. -.-

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

12 hours ago, maegs said:

Went on the gym website to look at the pool schedule and figure out when I can go. Turns out it's closed Nov 14-Dec 2, so no more swimming this challenge.

I hate it when places do things like that, and you don't even find out until it's happened. I hope you find something to do in it's place.

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

This sleep thing surely is an epidemic. I feel exhausted, sleep a lot on the couch. Except for when i work out (later in the evening) afterwards i can't go to sleep which results in me watching some Netflix and going to bed way too late... I really have to do something about this...

Bummer the pool is gonna be closed.  

• Like 3

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

On 11/13/2016 at 11:27 PM, obax said:

That's too bad about the swimming, but it sounds like it should be open again for next time 'round, at least.

That last week seemed to be a doozy for a lot of people. I know it was for me... I blame the time change, and the resulting darkness (among other things). Hopefully this coming week takes an upswing for you!!

On 11/14/2016 at 8:02 AM, Heidi said:

Bummer about the swimming!

I hear you about being tired -- I was tired for the last two weeks in a row with no "good reason" that I could find.  Sometimes a switch in my routine is all that it takes to throw me completely out of whack and hibernating.

I'm feeling better this week, even with roughly the same amount of sleep, so hopefully it was just the time change messing me around! 

On 11/14/2016 at 9:08 AM, NeverThatBored said:

Hi there! Following along. I'm also working on sleep this challenge. -.-

I always am, if you find a solution let me know!

On 11/14/2016 at 10:34 AM, fiddle-on said:

I hate it when places do things like that, and you don't even find out until it's happened. I hope you find something to do in it's place.

Ya, I was actually trying to figure out if I should cut something out, so it's a bit of a blessing in disguise

16 hours ago, mr_willes said:

This sleep thing surely is an epidemic. I feel exhausted, sleep a lot on the couch. Except for when i work out (later in the evening) afterwards i can't go to sleep which results in me watching some Netflix and going to bed way too late... I really have to do something about this...

Bummer the pool is gonna be closed.  

My problem is getting a burst of energy later in the evening.. on Sunday at 11:30 I was still in CLEAN ALL THE THINGS mode and had to force myself to walk away from the tidying I was doing and go to bed >.<

I'm feeling better this week, I've had a few productive days and gotten some highly visible tidying done (my desk/the area around it, where I had abandoned half-sorted piles of paper for too long). Hopefully the rest of the week continues like this!

Also: watched the first two episodes of Frontier tonight

holy-rollins.gif

• Like 4
4 hours ago, maegs said:

Also: watched the first two episodes of Frontier tonight

No, no, i'm not gonna do it, not like Firefly and Stranger Things. I still need 2 seasons of TWD i need to finish on Netflix...

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

October 15 - post initial paper sorting

large.582d12c2837c3_DeskBefore.JPG

Tonight - still a few things to go through, but it's a big improvement! I got the shredding done (far right edge of picture above), the recycling's going out tomorrow ('Pape Market' bag above), got clothes put away, papers sorted through and filed, various other bits and pieces put where they belong :)  

large.582d12abc1a2e_DeskAfter.JPG

• Like 7