Mizbrek Assembles His Raid Team

Mizbrek

Hello all and welcome to another Mizbrek challenge! This will be my 4th in total with the Rebellion, and I’m quite excited about that! This is the longest I’ve stuck with any sort of fitness plan or idea in…a long time, to be frank. I’m down about 15 pounds in total (out of around 80 I’d ideally like to lose) and I calculated recently that I’ve lost, on average, 0.75 pounds per week. I’d like to be going a little faster, but I suppose around a pound a week is the “ideal” weight loss. However, I would like to be down to around 200 by Christmas, which means I need to get up closer to 2 pounds a week. So this challenge will be about trying to kick that up a bit.

Review of Past Challenge

Overall, I’m giving myself an A- for this past challenge. I lost pretty consistently week to week, going from around 220 to 215, which is great. I read a lot more, I got a lot done around the house, and I engaged consistently in my social communities. So I’m giving myself a level for this. I had suggested buying myself a bottle of Bruichladdich Scotch to celebrate if I did well, but I think that would be slightly counterintuitive to my goals this time around, so instead I’m keeping an eye out for some other piece of loot. Debating a new winter coat! Could really use one, though I suppose that’s not as “fun” as I’d like. Thinking also about the Rings and Handstands Pack that NF is offering now along with the appropriate equipment for home workouts, but not totally sold on that (at the time of writing anyway!).**

The Next Challenge

WoW2011-12-0720-52-55-90.png

As opposed to the story based RP, I’m choosing to imagine this as Miz assembling a team of heroes to work with. These will be my WoW characters, but I think most of you will recognize the archetypes (though perhaps with a bit of a twist!).

Budhil – Pandaren Warrior - Bodyweight training M-F.

Budhil, while a Pandaren and prone to excess, is a fierce warrior. From him, Miz will get the bulk of his strength. I am already doing the NF bodyweight workouts daily and I’d like to continue this. I enjoy them and, while I am getting distinctly better at them, they do still challenge me. And what’s more, it’s very doable. It’s not a ton but it’s something, and something I can do with a feeling of accomplishment and without a feeling of dread.

Wildwrench – Gnome Hunter - Dog on one long walk daily

Tina Wildwrench, a Gnome Survival Hunter, fights side by side with her animal companions, diving into the fray wielding Talonclaw, an ancient and storied spear. I love my little dog and don’t get to spend nearly enough time with her. The goal here will be to try and walk her around what we call the big block, which is about a 15-20 minute walk (depending on the interesting things to sniff!). The caveat here is sometimes she just doesn’t want to do this – she’s tired, it’s dark, it’s cold, it’s raining, what have you. The important thing here is to give her the opportunity. Kind of as a side quest with this, I often hem and haw and try and delay her when she does want to go out, if I don’t feel like it, and I’m going to make an effort not to do that.

Wildstout – Pandaren Monk - 2 drinks/day on weekdays, 3/day on weekends

Tal Wildstout is a Brewmaster monk, much like Miz, but unlike Miz, he practices balance in all things. I know a lot of my calories come from alcohol. I’ve been better at this lately but I think it would make sense to take this a bit further. I by no means want to stop drinking entirely, but a bit more temperance wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Greywrench – Gnome Rogue – Post, Read & Comment on 3 Rebellion threads per day

Tessa Greywrench is a swashbuckling Outlaw, first and foremost, but her chosen calling involves lots of spying, as well. I’d like to try and be more involved with the Rebellion, as I’m a firm believer that you get out what you put in, so I’m making it a goal to both post my own updates, as well as read and comment on 3 threads every day. The comment part I’m not going to hold myself to so much, as there won’t always be something I have to say, but I do want to stay involved.

Stockton – Undead Priest - Hot Yoga once a week

Though he is undead, as a priest, Augustus Stockton is first and foremost one for introspection and contemplation. To this end, I’m going to try and make it out to a hot yoga class once a week (likely Saturdays or Sundays but I’m not holding myself to that). The idea here is to expand my horizons a bit and find something that works for me outside of the bodyweight workouts. I’ve done hot yoga in the past and really enjoyed it but, truthfully, not as much as sitting at home playing video games (then again, the list of things I enjoy more than that is pretty damn small). So this is an effort to get back to that.

Ulron – Tauren Paladin - Spend 10 minutes on housework/do the litter daily

Paladins are about serving others, and in this way I’ll be serving my house by helping out where I can. This can include running errands, or doing dishes in the morning while I’m cooking breakfast. And the litter was easier than I thought, just need to make sure I’m heading downstairs and doing it. Even spending literally a minute scooping is a huge change and makes the next day easier. Like, literally one minute a day.

Jannoris – Blood Elf Warlock - Spend 10 minutes reading a book daily (in bed doesn’t count)

While warlocks are often thought to be inherently evil, really they just don’t restrict themselves from any particular knowledge. I had a similar piece of my challenge before but I found myself saying “well if I read a bit in bed as I’m falling asleep that counts.” And that’s all well and good, but I have so many books I’d like to read (and I tend to read on my tablet in bed, whereas the books I want to read are mostly physical books, which aren’t totally doable in bed for me comfortably). So I’m saying 10 minutes of reading a physical book a day, and before bed.

Most of these are things I’ve done before or are already doing, or evolutions, but I’m excited about the dog walking, the yoga and the Rebellion bits in particular. I do also think it’s good to stick with what works!

• Like 2

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Following. This looks like a good set of goals.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Love the challenge set- up. Missing the funny intro story though.:)

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

This is fucking incredible.  I love this goal set-up, Miz!

Bringing the Mammoth Party of Support to this thread!

if_party-5207482.jpg

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. This looks like a good set of goals.

Thanks! Hoping it'll be good for me!

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Love the challenge set- up. Missing the funny intro story though.:)

Aw I'm sorry! I'll try and draw one up soon! Was a bit pressed for time this time around!

13 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

This is fucking incredible.  I love this goal set-up, Miz!

Bringing the Mammoth Party of Support to this thread!

if_party-5207482.jpg

Bahahaha they are doing those again now that we're back in Dalaran!

Calling today day 1 of the challenge. Yesterday I made some poor choices in terms of drinks and am paying for it a bit today. Oy. But we'll report on Day 0 all the same!

giphy.gif

Did 3B today! Really didn't feel like doing it but did it all the same, and feeling it a bit in my muscles today, which is nice. Going to try and incorporate some gymnastics ring work once all the equipment I've ordered gets here later this week as well which should kick it up nicely.

Took the puppy out for a long walk yesterday! Will try to again tonight if she's up for it. I suspect many nights she won't be, but we will see.

Definitely failed at this yesterday. Was just too tempting and pleasant, but need to learn a bit better where to stop. Paying for it today.

Did this yesterday, going to try and do so again today!

This is a weekly one, but going to investigate which spot to go to. There's a few studios a short drive from me but need to look at times. Debating finding a new one, because then I can get a cheap first month (they all offer a good intro month for cheap) but we'll see. I think most of the ones around I've sadly already been to!

Did some dishes this morning and scooped litter yesterday.

Jannoris – Blood Elf Warlock - Spend 10 minutes reading a book daily (in bed doesn’t count)

Did this yesterday. Should be easy during the week, I tend to read on the train home, but in the weekend it generally means either heading to a quiet room in the house (away from my pets and wife) or asking her to turn off whatever she's listening to or put on headphones, which I feel bad doing, but I have trouble reading with other stuff going. But she doesn't seem to mind that, so I think that's okay.

• Like 2

Instagram

I miss the days of having a guild and pushing competitive-edge content now!  Dammit, Miz.  :P

50 minutes ago, Mizbrek said:

Bahahaha they are doing those again now that we're back in Dalaran!

So happy to be back in Dalaran even if I haven't played since before Camp, haha!

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

22 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I miss the days of having a guild and pushing competitive-edge content now!  Dammit, Miz.  :P

Haha I'm doing casual twice a week raiding and it's still tough for me. Partly cause we don't start til 9:30 and I get up at 5 to work out every weekday morning! Not progressing very fast but having fun all the same. 

3C today! Feeling it a bit today but eager for my chin up bar that I've ordered to get here so I can start kicking things up a bit.

I chose sleep over this one yesterday. We got home late and I had some errands to run, but I did make sure to take her out when she needed it, so that helps a bit.

2 drinks only yesterday!

Commented on many threads and going to after this!

Looked at a few studios and it'll be tough to find some good times. Everything is a bit earlier on Saturday/Sunday than I'd like, but may have to suck it up and go for noon or so. Need to review this again. Was also debating between a few different kinds. I've done Moksha in the past and really like their set, but they're all a bit further away then I'd like. But we'll see.

Ran errands yesterday, did some dishes and scooped the litter.

Read on the train yesterday!

Weight was still up a bit at 217 today, but down from yesterday, so taking that as a win. I'm starting to worry a bit that I'm plateauing with the bodyweight workouts. I'd like to avoid going to the gym for as long as possible, as it's just an extra hurdle for me, and knowing myself that will make it very easy for me to skip. I think the key is likely the equipment I have on order (the chin-up bar and gymnastic rings) and truthfully just pushing myself a bit. I always have a TV show going during them (currently marathoning Gilmore Girls, which is AWESOME) and it's so easy to just get distracted, take a break for a second, and I think those little rests are dampening my workouts. But we'll see. Maybe even just time to move on to level 4!

But I do have to remember that, looking at my graph overall, I've lost an average of 0.8 pounds a week. There have been bounces but overall 0.8 pounds a week is solid, slow, steady progress. So maybe not yet time to panic.

And since it's Tuesday (and I'm not having these today):

source.gif

Instagram

Missed Wednesday folks, sorry! My wife had a rough day at work so I ended up popping out to see her, and since I usually write these over lunch I didn't get a chance to! And last night was the World Series, so I was a bit distracted! Don't normally get into sports much but my wife's from Chicago, so this was exciting. Stayed up til 1am watching it and paid for it today, feeling more than a little rough, but worth it to watch history!

giphy.gif

Got this done on Wednesday but failed today. Just couldn't get moving from bed. Gah. Back to it tomorrow!

I've been trying with this but it's often been either raining (meaning she doesn't wanna go far) or late, and I'm generally not willing to sacrifice sleep for this one.

Had ONE extra drink last night, because, well, history! But that was it!

Failed yesterday on this one but going to do my best to catch up today!

Still debating on the studio. I get the sense this is going to be a tough one for me. I find it very hard to get myself up and going on weekends sometimes, especially to something like this where, honestly, I kind of don't *want* to go. Leaning towards a close spot to me and not cashing in on the free month. Removing barriers is better!

Did some dishes this morning and scooped litter yesterday! Still true today.

Been doing well at this so far!

While watching the World Series I assembled a new piece of loot! Took a lot of effort (these things are weird!) but got it all set up. I purchased the Academy Rings and Handstands pack last week so I'm eager to try this out and kick up my workouts a bit!

IMG_3530.JPG

Instagram

Had a decent day yesterday - indulged in some beet chips and feeling a bit off today, but TGIF! 

giphy.gif

Did 3B today, including ASSISTED CHIN UPS. Used the rings to do them as per Staci's demonstration and it felt really good. Could feel it working muscles I don't normally work which was great. Still nowhere near actual chin ups (but that is a goal). Worked up a good sweat.

Took her out twice yesterday since she was being kind of squirrely. Will try again tonight. Just got a new warm coat in which will be a good help!

Had 2 drinks as per standard last night.

Running out of time but will try to sneak in some comments today!

I was looking at trying OrangeTheory fitness, a weird kind of studio where you do a bunch of stuff hooked up to a heart rate monitor. Friend of mine loves hers in Portland, but the one out here looks a bit sketchy. I hate places that don't post prices, or make it difficult to find stuff, or are like "call us to find out stuff!" cause they want to put on the full court press of sales. HATE that. And the reviews of it were terrible so I nixed that idea. Going to go to a 10am or 12pm hot yoga class tomorrow at one of two possible spots I've scouted out. Depends on how well I sleep and how early I get up. Must be home in time for BlizzCon coverage! Very excited about that.

Few dishes this morning. My mom was over and scooped the litter for me, so counting that as done!

Done and done. Though can't wait to be done with the Night Manager. It's good but I'm just very ready to say goodbye to these characters.

Weekend should be good overall. I'm kind of dreading the yoga (not sure why, likely I just want to introvert and not leave the house on the weekend after a stressful week). But I'll feel better once I've done it. We have some good stuff around the house so I should be good food wise, and I'm doing better with portion control. And cannot WAIT to catch up on sleep.

Happy weekend rangers!

Instagram

You're going to love working out on rings! So excited for you. Doing great on week 1.

We have an Orange Theory near us. I went to check them out. It was just last year, so I was at a  good weight, and just thinking about strength. I asked the guy about prices and he asked how much weight I wanted to lose. I just kind of stared at him. Nope, not the gym for me.:lol: The only thing they think about is weight loss, and  their prices are some sort of super secret.:eek-new:

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On November 4, 2016 at 1:19 PM, Elastigirl said:

You're going to love working out on rings! So excited for you. Doing great on week 1.

We have an Orange Theory near us. I went to check them out. It was just last year, so I was at a  good weight, and just thinking about strength. I asked the guy about prices and he asked how much weight I wanted to lose. I just kind of stared at him. Nope, not the gym for me.:lol: The only thing they think about is weight loss, and  their prices are some sort of super secret.:eek-new:

Thanks! And yeah this was the impression I got. I cannot stand places that do that kind of full court press sales technique. I don't understand why places still do it. I think it's the fastest way to turn off just about anyone. The gym near me did a similar thing when I went in for my "orientation" after joining. The "Orientation" was basically a high pressure sale on personal training session. I stuck around but was not happy about it and eventually quit that place.

Had a bit of an off weekend unfortunately. Just a few bad choices and bad habits coming into play. I don't really have a good reason. I think just letting off some steam after a tough week. But only up a couple pounds this morning, and back to it today! Have a healthy dinner in the crockpot, have a healthy lunch and breakfast down, and got my workout in today!

I did manage the hot yoga though! That was a bit tough but got it done. Mostly just social nerves. Something about going to the new place that I was dreading. But I went, I did it! Not great at it, as it's been a while, had to pause and lay down about halfway through, but I did it, and that's really the important thing.

I'll do a more proper update tomorrow. Sufficed to say, most of the updates from yesterday would be "nope, nope, nope."

• Like 1

Instagram

Proper update today methinks! Last night was a bit tough - dinner in the slow cooker didn't turn out at all and, in our desperation (as it was about 9:30 at that point) we ordered pizza. And I had leftovers from it for lunch. Ideal? No. But sometimes you do what you have to!

3A today! Felt good for sure. Tried to focus more on moving faster which felt tough but good. Do really need to look at incorporating some of the ring exercises. I could likely squeeze in one or two more exercises per round, still finish in time and get some extra work in.

I was out running errands much of yesterday so my wife took care of this. Kind of counting it but I know I want to do better.

Stuck to 2 last night!

Did this yesterday, should be able to squeeze it in today on breaks from work.

Thinking I'll go back to the same studio. It's close, I know the movements, and I liked it, for the most part. I think also going to a new studio would be tough, and as much as that's generally good, I want to try and remove barriers where I can.

Dishes this morning and did litter last night! Helps me when I miss a couple days on that to say "just go down and spend 1 minute on it." I don't have to get it all perfectly clean in one shot. Just literally spending one minute every day is a huge help on the litter.

Squeezed this in yesterday. Still can't wait to be done with this book! Can't say I love John Le Carre.

Tonight should be better food wise. We figured out what we were doing with the pressure cooker so we're going to do pressure cooker chicken with some potatoes and pees. Not perfect but tasty and easy. Might end up having an extra drink or two tonight since it's election night. Will I be celebrating or drowning my sorrows? We will see!

• Like 1

Instagram

Feeling a bit rough today. Stayed up too late and just overall feeling a bit down. No need to dive into that too deeply, not the place for it, but sufficed to say my mental state isn't great today.

Skipped this today. Needed the sleep.

Took her out yesterday for a bit which was nice!

Definitely didn't stick to this last night.

Did this yesterday, ready through threads but didn't find a lot of new posts yet! But reading and liking which I think kinda counts.

Realizing this will be tough next weekend. I'll see what I can do, but we're out at the fair all day Saturday, so not sure how doable this will be, as I'll need to rest on Sunday.

Dishes this morning. Can't remember if I did litter last night. I think not. Whoops!

After a couple drinks I ordered some new books last night. Haha. Ah well. I'm excited to read these ones. Didn't read on the train yesterday, too much news to read.

Ate poorly yesterday and made some mistakes. Feeling rough today overall. We stumble, and we get back up. Might be a bit bruised, but we do it, cause it's what we do.

• Like 1

Instagram

Have the day off today! Slept in a bit but was still up in good time.

Just finished a GREAT workout. Did bodyweight 3B and incorporated one extra workout from the NF Rings program. Arms are like jelly which is wonderful. Haven't had that in a long time. May need to look at some of the handstands stuff - 3B has some pull ups in it which are kinda similar, and need the rings in a different position, and swapping them around every workout isn't really feasible. But we'll see! Going to try I think and incorporate some of it into each bodyweight workout to get a bit more bang for my buck.

Took her for a very long walk earlier today. Was lovely!

Celebrated the day off and a very successful raid last night, so didn't stick to that, but should today I think. Maybe 1 extra.

Did this yesterday! Going to try and find time today but might be tough. I have lunch with my mom (very soon!), some errands to run, and a mini conference tonight.

May give myself a pass this weekend with the Fair going on. Wife and I go every year and it's one of our favourite things, so we'll see.

Ran lots of errands yesterday but missed the litter. Going to try and do some errands today before the conference.

Read yesterday on the train home!

Overall feeling better today. Workout was excellent but I'm a little pressed for time now. Happy Thursday folks!

Instagram

What did you do on the rings? What kind of fair is it that you guys go to? Seems like the wrong kind of year for a fair.

On November 10, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Elastigirl said:

What did you do on the rings? What kind of fair is it that you guys go to? Seems like the wrong kind of year for a fair.

I don't know what they're called offhand, but basically rows while my body was at a 45 degree angle. Felt REALLY good. Still feeling it today!

And we go to the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair! It's actually indoors in Toronto! Big fair with animal shows, wine and beer makers, and lots of just fun little fair booths. You can check it out here if you want! http://www.royalfair.org We went last year and had a ball.

Workout this morning was good. Tried to incorporate the muscle up where you kind of stand on your hands on the rings and hang like that. Can't really manage it at this point, but tried, but couldn't even really manage it enough to feel much. We'll see though. Still did the rest of a bodyweight workout as well and got a good sweat.

Nothing new on this one, but hopefully can find some time tonight!

Stuck to this yesterday!

Missed this yesterday - posted, but didn't do much reading. Going to try and keep this brief and go do that.

Planning on skipping this for now this week. The weekend will be busy enough and I get home too late to do it in the evenings. I'll catch up next weekend!

Kind of failed at this yesterday. Didn't do much around the house and no litter. It was an odd day.

Missed this yesterday too.

It's been an off week for me. Weight has ticked up a bit. Not too bad, but enough that I know I need to get back to it. I do feel like I have some renewed fight in me though. I feel more combative. Not angry, just...more passionate. There was a wonderful insta post from a rebel today saying that like...the best thing we can do, if we want to bring positive change to the world, is to be the best version of ourselves.

So today I will try to do better. I've spent my lunch hour reading the paper, now posting this, and then going to go browse some threads. The best use of time I think I can get.

Tomorrow will be great fun, but likely a bit off food wise. Wandering the fair. But back on track on Sunday! I've kinda given myself a couple days off. Nice break. Breaks are good. I like breaks.

giphy.gif

Break's over.

Instagram

The fair sounds like fun. Enjoy the day.

• Like 1

Was a bit of a weird weekend, so going to just chat a bit as opposed to the usual bullet point update!

Fair was good. Not quite as good as last year - our Uber driver couldn't find the entrance, we rushed in and missed a bit of the first show we wanted, didn't have time for food or coffee beforehand, so kind of put a damper on the day. The shows we wanted to see didn't seem quite as good as last year, though we couldn't really say why. Rest of the fair was fun though. Had an AMAZING raspberry ginger beer from a company called Lake of Bays. If anyone sees it in the Ontario area, called the Beer With No Name. Fantastic. Oddly enough though we ran into my BOSS as we were getting the last drink and relaxing a bit before heading home. That was fine, but my wife and I are both huge introverts, and wandering a crowd like that all day, we were wiped, so making conversation with someone you can't really relax around wasn't the best way to end the evening.

And then on Sunday, my wife had discovered she had been mis-prescribed some of her medication by the doctor, and they refused to correct the error over the phone and made her go to a walk in clinic to correct it. Totally ridiculous, and threw off our day. Made some slow cooker short ribs which were okay, but not great. Threw them in with a bunch of onions and the onions just kind of overwhelmed any flavour they had. 

Didn't get a lot done goal wise this weekend but, truthfully, I kind of knew I wouldn't. Fair throws these things for a loop overall. Weight had ticked up a bit this Monday but not too bad, so right direction generally. Did my bodyweight workout this morning but the rings felt...off. I think partly because I was wearing different socks which were much more slippery. It's disappointing cause the rings felt GREAT last time I used them for kinda pull ups, but eh. Will keep working at them to see what we can do!

Back on track today though. Lots of reading done, some housework in the morning, and going to try and work on reading before my lunch break is over.

• Like 1

Instagram

Yesterday was one of the first days in a long time I checked off all my dailies on Habitica! For those unfamiliar, this is an app that seeks to gameify habits and the like. You can set up "dailies", daily quests to be completed, and if you don't complete them your character loses health, and if you do, they gain experience and level up! Very neat little app. My dailies include most of the stuff listed here, and a few others (mostly stuff recycled from previous challenges that I've kept around). So, getting better!

Did a bit better with the rings this morning. Feeling it a bit today. Still can't seem to replicate how tough/good that first rings workout was, but going to keep at it!

Took the puppy out early this morning a tiny bit, and a longer one last night. Still not doing as much as I would like, but trying in general just to be a better pet owner, be more responsive to her needs.

Stuck to this again!

Posted on a few today! Caught one person I thought I was following and wasn't so that was good.

Hoping to get back to this on the weekend, but may have to go on Sunday. Saturday we need to take the cats in to the vet. Overall not sure I'm super happy with this. It was a neat idea but it puts a damper on my weekend and I've come to dread it a bit. Debating modifying it to doing a yoga class at home. Not as good a workout, I'm sure, but maybe accomplishing what I'm looking for, getting more in touch with that spiritual sort of side and getting something in on the weekends. We'll see.

Been keeping up with this well. Litter box is spotless, folded a tiny bit of laundry yesterday, cleaned off the kitchen table, and did some dishes this morning.

Gave up on the book I was reading yesterday. I just wasn't enjoying it anymore. It's not that it was terrible, but just that it was WAY longer than it needed to be, and the ending was pretty predictable (I read some spoilers - I had it pretty well dead to rights). Picked up a new one that I'm really excited about, and it's already going faster (which is funny because it's non-fiction, and usually I read fiction much faster).

Tonight I'm out to dinner with my wife and father-in-law, who's in town on business. Likely won't be the most calorie friendly night but I'll try and make some good choices!

Instagram

Had a good day yesterday overall. Ate a bit too much in the evening - but it was tasty good food, so I don't feel too bad about that. I did munch on a few Halloween chocolate bars when I got home however, and definitely had extra drinks. But overall didn't do too bad. My weight was almost back down to my low today, and may tick up a bit from yesterday's meal, but we'll see. I should be pretty good today.

Solid day today. Doing better with the rings. Really didn't wanna get up but managed it! Must get more sleep tonight. On raid night...

Took her out as needed yesterday, but she was pretty tired and so was I, so not too far.

Didn't stick to this yesterday, but tough when you're out with family (who definitely don't follow this rule). Not too worried about this. This is meant to be a habit, but not an absolute rule.

Commented and posting!

Leaning towards changing this to yoga on the weekend. I have another busy Saturday coming up and it's just SO EASY to find the excuses not to leave the house. Maybe I get back to the hot yoga eventually after I've done some yoga once a week for a bit. The main goal was to push my boundaries a bit, though. Hmm. Still debating on this one.

Didn't do this yesterday as my Mom dropped by and did it for me. Didn't do much housework last night though, but I did get home late.

Enjoying my new book a lot more! And getting through it much faster which is nice.

Overall doing well. I'm doing some emotional eating lately but I've asked my wife to hide the Halloween candy. May seem extreme but I know myself and I know what I'll do if I know where it is.

Instagram

Missed yesterday since I usually update at lunch and had a work event! Was fun but glad to be back!

Slept in a bit today and got distracted at the computer before workout. Grr. Need to watch those moments where I just end up zoning out and scrolling through Facebook or Twitter. But got about half a bodyweight workout done, which was nice. My chest and legs end up aching a tiny bit almost every day, which usually for me is a sign I'm making progress. Really loving the ring work.

Took her for a longer walk last night, and took her out this morning when she seemed to need to go (despite the fact that I probably could've just left her in bed and let my wife do it later).

Had an extra drink at lunch at the work event but otherwise stuck to this.

Missed this yesterday, going to post this now and try and read a couple threads over the day!

Planning for now on doing some yoga at home. The question I really have to ask on this is, is the real challenge of this getting out of the house and facing a social situation, or getting some yoga in? Probably a bit of both, but for me at least, I think the yoga is the more important piece. I worry I'm conflating "this is hard" as being always and totally equal to "this is worth doing." Most of the things worth doing are hard, but not all the hard things are worth doing, in my opinion.

Done!

Done!

My weight yesterday had ticked down to 214, but my current low over the last while, but ticked up to 215 today. Looking at this I hit 214 about 2 weeks ago, which isn't ideal in terms of progress. I've had a few nights of late night snacking however, so may need to work on curbing that. Already formulating ideas for the next challenge!

• Like 1

Instagram

It's been a few days folks! Sorry about that. Had a surprisingly busy and stressful weekend, and Monday was no slouch either! Overall a good weekend but made some poor food choices and didn't get any exercise in. Gah. Story of my life there. Really need to figure out how better to manage the weekends.

Worked out the last 3 days though! Weight has dipped a bit down which is good.

Kali seems to be having a couple issues lately but doing my best on this. Got a bit frustrated with her last night when she needed to go out again very shortly after coming back in, but took her all the same.

Can't say I've been great at this one.

Missed this one the last few days. Going to try and squeeze this in today!

This one I've largely given up on. My weekdays are so stressful these days, and truthfully anything like this just adds stress to my weekend. I can't say I didn't enjoy it a bit when I went but, truthfully, not enough for the disruption and stress over it to outweigh that. I'm leaning towards looking into better ways to relax and stay healthy on the weekends, but I don't think this was it. Oh well.

Missed yesterday but have kept on it well otherwise.

Missed on the weekend but done already today. Forgetting my tablet helped!

We're on the home stretch here and I can't say this has been my best challenge, but I feel like I've learned a lot about myself, my habits, and my limits which is good. Going to try and finish strong.

Instagram