Absolute Beginner.... Again

Hi all!

I'm not sure where to start.... My name is Pinkie and I've posted here before, once or twice, but I have fallen off the health wagon way too many times and I am in need of some allies. I have been through several cycles where I am serious about my fitness and health but something always happens and I stop. I'm about a month away from my 35th birthday and I realized today just how out of shape I am. It's discouraging. Does anyone have any hints or tips on where to start? I attempted to do the beginner body weight workout, but I had a hard time keeping up with it:(

Thank you in advance,

Pinkie

Start small make it something you know you can do every day, like go for a walk in the morning, replace a grain side with a vegetable side at least one meal a day.  Once you master that, add something else. 

My next bit of advice is do it.  I won't tell you how paralyzed I was trying to decide what was the right thing to do to lose my weight and get in better shape.  Do I do weight watchers? A medically supervised program? Have bariatric surgery? Do Atkins?  Once I made up my mind to do something, it was easier to adjust and fine tune it to meet my needs. 

Best of luck.

3 hours ago, Benbear said:

Start small make it something you know you can do every day, like go for a walk in the morning, replace a grain side with a vegetable side at least one meal a day.  Once you master that, add something else. 

THIS!!! Make one or two small changes, a walk every day, one less coke/candy bar a day/week, etc. Then in a week/few weeks make another small change. For me the big thing was cutting out cokes.

When I'm sitting on the fence about something, I try and make a 'pros and cons' list which can help motivate me to make a decision one way or the other. So, if the decision was 'losing weight' write down the good and bad points of that. For example, a bad point might be having to fit the exercise in each day, whereas a good point might be feeling more confident in yourself.

You could do this in your head but having the list written down where you can re-read it can help reinforce the decision for you.

As others have said, don't try and jump in feet first and do too much at once. Make small changes so that the change is sustainable. Perhaps write a list of what small changes yo want to do each week and tick them off as you go along to motivate you to the next week :)