Elastigirl Climbs The Tower of Gainz

Elastigirl

Thi challenge I will step into the scary and exciting world of BULKING.  I will be eating to gain about a half a pound per week. For the next couple of months, my main focus will be on building muscle.

To succeed at the challenge, I need to Climb The Tower of Gainz.  Each week I will have steps to climb to get to the top. Three of the steps for each week will be my main goals. In order to finish the step I must either complete all the days of the goal, or  do a repair to the step. Then I have extra steps that I earn by picking from various activities. I'm making a pretty gameboard. Tomorrow or soon I will post it. Right now I can't find my colored pencils- jet lag, just got home from New Orleans.:lol:

Goals

Morning Routine; Bible, Kitchen, at 9:30 Monday -Friday

Track food and water; 6 days a week

Mobility work 10 minutes a day; 3 days week one, 4 days week 2, 5 days week 3, 6 days week 3

Repair steps( for days I don't make goal) choose one

20 burpees

100 lunges

3 minutes of Farmer Walks

7 chin ups

Bonus- for additional steps

15 minutes of either ; scrapbooking: cleaning bookshelves,declutter

cook new food

eat new food

2 mile Ruck

adventure

10 minute gymnastic skill work

15 minute stretching routine

5 minute AMRAP  BW squats

2 steps for shopping for couch

• Like 9

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Following along for da gaaaaainz! ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Following for my ticket on the GAINZ TRAIN!

Image result for gainz train

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Dem gainz

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

4495407.jpg

They're yours, Elastigirl, go get them :onthego:

• Like 4

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

oh, so interested in seeing what gainz and bulking look like! I am baffled and scared about them. thank you for tackling this. :)

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I love your game board idea! I can't wait to see it!

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe and the Triforce of Wisdom

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Gah- I quoted everyone and then my internet connection fizzled and ate it all. Thanks everyone for your support and fun gifs.

@karinajean Happy to put myself out as a guinea pig:lol: Learned a  bunch from SpecialSundae, Spezzy, and Waldo. Still scared though.:)

• Like 7

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Following for the gainz. Do you think they're contagious?

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

Week Zero:

I wanted to share with you my week zero, since I spent it on vacation and had a blast. Here are my random thoughts:

We flew in to Houston. One of my friends had posted on facebook how she went to this bridge  that a bat colony lived under and was able to watch the bats fly out at night. So, I looked it up before we left. Took a bit of driving around, but we finally found the place. Then we had to find a place to park. There were already lots of people there. Apparently it is a big thing. Who knew? Got there just before dusk and waited a bit. Then we caught a glimpse of something. Was that a bat? Kept watching, and a few more showed up. Then more and more. Then there was a massive swath of bats flying out. I thought it would last 30 seconds or so. But more and more bats kept flying out. We watched for 10 minutes or so, and there was still tons of bats. Every time I thought that was all, more bats showed up. When we finally decided to leave, there were still tons of bats flying from under the bridge.

Next night we drove from Houston to Louisania. On the way back we stopped at a restaurant.  I decided to be brave and try a local speciality, crawfish. They are like shrimp, only they live in mud. They brought them to me with their heads on:eek-new: I snapped the head off and ate the tails. My brother in law said the locals often suck the head too, but I drew the line at that.:biggrin-new: Tasted ok, I like shrimp better. But, I was glad I tasted a Southern speciality.

Another thing we did was drive down to the Gulf of Mexico and wade in it. That was super cool.I have now waded in the Pacific Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Gulf of Mexico.

On the way back we drove through a wetland. This was one of my favorite parts of the trip. I was really hoping to see some alligators. We  ended up seeing like 20 gators!!! We were driving, which is a very nice safe way to see alligators.  We saw little ones, medium size ones, and even a big 8 foot long one. The big one was grimacing his teeth at us. I have pic's I'll share later of that. We saw some sleeping, some swimming, and some ambling down the road. Driving through, every five feet we stopped and saw more gators. It was awesome!

Mid-week we drove to New Orleans. My husband lived in N.O the first 8 years of his life. We went and saw his old house, school (it was torn down and a new one built) and his neighborhood park. The neighborhood he lived in was one of the ones hit by Hurricane Katrina. There are a lot of empty lots, where the houses were torn down, and never re-built. His house is there though. It looks almost new. It has new siding, they enclosed the carport, added some windows, and solar panels on the roof. My brother in law says that when he was there 3 years ago, the house was gutted, but there were workman working in it.

We tried some geocaching while we were there, but couldn't find anything. One of the caches was at a park. Looking for it, my husband stepped on an ant hill.They started biting him. I, being helpful, ran away to the sidewalk. I then stood on the sidewalk, telling him where to look for the cache, while I was at a safe distance.:) I like caching better where there are no poisonous things.

Spent some time wandering around the French Quarter. Listened to jazz music from street performers, and while we were eating. The first evening there we went to Preservation Hall and enjoyed the band playing old time jazz.  Did shopping, watched people. Saturday when we were there was the day before the Seahawk-Saints game. There was tons of people from Seattle in the French Quarter. My son was wearing his Husky (Uof W football team) shirt, so people would yell "GO DAWGS to us or Go HAWKS"  It was very fun to be in a city far from home, and yet there was tons of people that were from our city. Later in the day we went to a famous bar (Patrick O'Briens) and they had the Husky game on TV. There was standing room only at the bar, and most of the people were rooting for the Huskies. It was a very cool, memorable experience.

Food was great. I had tons of shrimp.Ate shrimp almost every day, we made me happy as I love shrimp. Also ate creole for the first time. We found this little place in a strip mall near our hotel that was amazing. Great food, and fairly cheap. They even had gluten free gumbo, so I got to try gumbo. I was a bit nervous. You hear how people don't like okra because it is slimy, but it was good. I did sadly have a bit of sloth belly. My stomach was sort of gassy all week. I was taking Lactaid, which I do when I eat out, because of butter and other milk stuff I may not know about it the food.  On Friday night after dinner, I was actually sick enough, that hubby and I left right after dinner, and made his brother and my son walk home, because I needed to spend time in the Hotel bathroom. The Lactaid I was using was different than the one I had used previously, and looking at the ingredients, it had Sucrolose, which is something that bothers my stomach.So, not sure, if the Lactaid doesn't work, or if it was the sucrolose, or something else. Thankfully, it was a short lived problem. The next day was the day we left, and I just stuck to eating very little, and super bland, and I was fine though after we got home I had some small problems. Today all is fine though.

It was 80 degrees and gorgeous sunny.Couldn't have asked for better weather. And the evening were perfect. I love warm evenings where you can walk around outside. I brought tennis shoes, but all I ever wore was my sandals.

Food and Fitness wise:

Did great. Found a good balance of enjoying myself, but not being a total arse about eating. Most of the time I did the no two in a row, where if I knew we were going to eat a big meal out for dinner, I ate less for lunch. Good (or sad) thing about N.O. is they aren't really into gluten free, so there were no gluten free baked goods. I did find some candied nuts to snack on while my family had beignets. And found some delicious sorbet. We parked a ways away from the French Quarter, so we did lots of walking. Most mornings I did a joint mobility work out, and the two days we were in the French Quarters I did a light  BW circuit work out in the morning. Weighing myself, I didn't gain any weight. Which is surprising, because I did eat a lot, plus just the sodium intake of restaurant food usually adds weight. I started every day drinking at least 16 oz of water. Did pretty good on water intake, though maybe not goal, as I often had ice tea, because vacation.

Hubby took lots of pictures, so I'll share those later.

• Like 10

That's a great write up of the trip. I'm with you on crawfish, too much work for too little protein.

If I ever go to N.O. the first place I'm going is Cafe Dumond for some coffee.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's a great write up of the trip. I'm with you on crawfish, too much work for too little protein.

If I ever go to N.O. the first place I'm going is Cafe Dumond for some coffee.

We went there.It's sort of a N.O requirement. :)I had coffee. I don't really like coffee. But I couldn't eat the beignets and I wanted to say I had something there, so I had the coffee. I sweetened it with stevia, but still not a big coffee fan. But, it was still a cool experience. They put so much powdered sugar on the beignets, and when you eat them it flies everywhere, my family looked like they were covered in snow  or had a bad case of dandruff by the time they were done:lol:

• Like 4

Wow that's an awesome experience, but now you can say you've tried it!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

Wow that's an awesome experience, but now you can say you've tried it!

It was a good trip.

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

That sounds like a great trip. I would have loved to have seen the bats.

It was one of the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I couldn't believe how many there were.

• Like 2

Today was a good day. Dealing with a bit of the back from vacation blahs, but happy to have had a nice break from normal routine. My morning routine went well. I was a bit reluctant to get out of bed. Being as the world was dark, and rainy and cold. I wanted to start the challenge well though, so I did get up. Read my Bible. Reading a chapter in Proverbs a day. Then started my kitchen. Then ate breakfast. Made paleo pancakes, so good. And made me happy after seeing my family eat beignets and not being able to. Started workout on time.

My workout went so -so. Two weeks ago I was able to clean and press 30 # with a 1-2-3 ladder.Today it just wasn't happening. Ah well, some days are like that. I switched and did more reps with the 25 #. Chin ups went well, as did snatch practice. I went for a walk, which was hard, as it is not 80 degrees here like it was in Louisiana. Most of the day it was rainy and windy, but as soon as it stopped raining I dashed out. It actually almost got sunny on my walk (here in Seattle we call that partial clearing)

It felt super easy to bulk. I was so hungry all day. I had a bit of stomach issues at the end of our trip, so over the weekend I'd eaten pretty light. Not sure how I did during the week. There were times when I ate tons at a meal. But there were also times when I was hungry. Neither my husband or brother ever actually get hungry.:eek-new: I don't know how they do it. We'll walk around for hours, and they are never hungry. I didn't want to whine, but I usually ended up saying can we please eat somewhere?! I use to feel guilty about the fact that I get so hungry when others people don't, but now I figure I must be doing something right, as I am fitter than I've ever been. This paragraph seems a bit of a ramble, sorry.:redface-new: Point is, I ate at a 200 calorie surplus today without blinking an eye.

10/31

Warm up

Joint mobility

Halo/ around the world/ BW squats/ bridges

Workout- struggled with the presses today, decided to back down and do 25#

30lb 1- tried for 2 fail

25# 1-2-3-4

30# 1-2-2

30 # 1- fail at 2

25# 1-2-3-3

25# 1-2-3-2

Practiced snatches not counting reps just a practice session with 20# and 25#

Pull  up 6,5,5,4,4 done through out the day
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

dem-gainz.jpg

:lol:

I didn't include it in my vacation epic log because it was already long, but my brother in law, and nephew are total board game geeks, so we ended up playing several games over the week. We played one co-op game can't remember the name. The idea was we were stuck on the dessert island, and had to build the ship to get out. It was a co-op game. There were sandstorms , and you always had to have enough to drink or you died. We died both games we played, not even close to winning. Then we played another game, Survivor. You have about 6 meeples and the idea is you are trying to get off an island and get to safety.The island is sinking, and there are sharks and whales in the water. The sharks and whales you draw cards for and can use them to attack other players. It was a fun game, mostly chance, and quick.  My son is also a board game geek.He really likes war games, the kind the take 8 hours + to play. But he doesn't have the time or people interested enough to play them, He stayed longer than us, and today he and his uncle played a Japanese war game. They were super excited and spent part of the week prior reading the 12 page rule book:lol: 

• Like 5

• I like the board game idea - will be interesting to follow and see how it ends up looking!
  • I am with you on getting hungry sooner than others - when my husband and I go for a hike now he'll quiz me on whether I have brought food for myself etc, and that's coming from someone who never advance plans - he knows from experience that I need to eat breakfast then lunch whereas he can just go without for hours and hours on end.
  • Funny you trying presses with the 30lbs - I was just thinking I wanted to see today if I can press the 14kg - I know I can do the 12kg and yesterday I saw a girl in the gym trying (and failing) the 16kg, so it was on my mind.
  • I have a couple of board games on my Christmas list: the Ticket to Ride UK expansion (we have the Europe version already, enjoy it, and I've read how the UK expansion is good) and Via nebula, which I know nothing about beyond a review I just read.  I'm terribly competitive at board games, and struggle to find people I know to agree to play - I think I need to find a local group to join to support this habit.  Do you just play with friends/family?

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

... we ended up playing several games over the week. We played one co-op game can't remember the name. The idea was we were stuck on the dessert island, and had to build the ship to get out. It was a co-op game. There were sandstorms , and you always had to have enough to drink or you died. We died both games we played, not even close to winning. Then we played another game, Survivor. You have about 6 meeples and the idea is you are trying to get off an island and get to safety.The island is sinking, and there are sharks and whales in the water. The sharks and whales you draw cards for and can use them to attack other players. It was a fun game, mostly chance, and quick.  ...

Forbidden Desert is the first game. I used to own a copy but let it go during one of my boardgame culls. It's notoriously hard. It was the successor to Forbidden Island which was known as "The easy co-op" at a time when Co-op generally meant Pandemic. I liked Forbidden Desert but it was too tough to enjoy. I've only been able to play Survive! once but really liked it. The released a sci-fi version that this has reminded me to go put on my Christmas wishlist. 

Also

2nvaty.jpg

1 hour ago, LouCarJo said:
  • I have a couple of board games on my Christmas list: the Ticket to Ride UK expansion (we have the Europe version already, enjoy it, and I've read how the UK expansion is good) and Via nebula, which I know nothing about beyond a review I just read.  I'm terribly competitive at board games, and struggle to find people I know to agree to play - I think I need to find a local group to join to support this habit.  Do you just play with friends/family?

Now you've got me interested in this expansion. I'll have to look it up later.

I've also not had a ton of luck getting family into board games. EG has it good like that. There are a ton of meetups out in the world if you go looking for them. Boardgamegeek has regional forums that will often help or meetup.com searching in your region for board games. Also, board game cafes are increasingly a thing. Some of them expect you to bring your own players but some have a system of showing in having other players join.

• Like 1

Barbarian of the Battle Logs

Battle Log

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

There were times when I ate tons at a meal. But there were also times when I was hungry. Neither my husband or brother ever actually get hungry.:eek-new: I don't know how they do it. We'll walk around for hours, and they are never hungry. I didn't want to whine, but I usually ended up saying can we please eat somewhere?!

THIS. Every time I travel and see friends or family, I feel like such a glutton! I'm always the one saying "I'm hungry" or "Are we going to have dinner soon?" and they never seem like they need food! I don't think I eat that much, but it sure feels like it when I'm visiting other people.

Sometimes I bring my own snacks with me, but then someone always has to comment on how that's strange or they have food in their house so I don't need to bring my own. You just can't win! 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.