Elastigirl Climbs The Tower of Gainz

Elastigirl

14 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Your play time sounded so fun! were you by yourself? I love playgrounds!

It was fun.Just me! It's better that way. I can be just as silly as I want, without anyone telling me to grow up.:)

14 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

I am so honored that you are actually calling it a gainzboard now :) 

Your walk sounds awesome! I'm definitely an airhead a good amount of the time, it happens to all of us :) Way to go on the kettlebell ladder! I want to dance with excitement for you!

Because Gainzboard is awesome!        I'm an airhead a lot of the time too, just for some reason (probably because my friend was annoyed with me) it bothered me more that day. Thanks for dancing with me on my kettlebell victory!

10 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

We used to play it a lot as kids too. You throw a stone in one of the blocks and have to miss that block. Later it became two stones, etc. I taught the boys how to play and we haven't done it in a while.

Cool. I wasn't sure if it was just played in the USA, or if it was more of an international thing.

2 hours ago, AthenaMM said:

That sounds like a very fun walk in the park!

It was a very fun time.

• Like 3

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

8 minutes ago, LouCarJo said:

Sounds like a fun park workout.  Do your parks not have signs on the gates saying you have to be under a certain age to go in them?  I always like having a child around, then at least I have an excuse to go and play on the swings...

Yes, but there were no kids around. Mainly I figure that is for teens who tend to sort of take over the playground. I might still play on it if I only see a kid, and I am just doing my thing. However winter is the perfect time because there aren't really any kids around.

• Like 4

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

@x Valkyrie x and I challenged each other to do push ups in public. She is doing them at the airport on the way to Ireland, I am will do them in the front yard. Just a fun little PVP to get over the fear of exercising in a "weird' place.

@Mizbrek maybe you want to check out the PVP, it's a short one , it might be fun for you to play.You could do them at the fair.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

You have been busy during my lost week so Imma just check in and leave this:

gainz.jpg

Aw, I can't see it.:(

Weekend happenings:

We went to Ikea on Saturday. One of my big goals for this month was to get furniture so that we could house overnight guests over the holidays. We bought a sofa bed for our downstairs, and a daybed for our guest/craft room upstairs. I also bought some new curtains for downstairs. I earn two steps in my Gainzboard for this, since it was my big goal.

We went out to eat Friday evening. I had a hamburger, made with prime rib, and fries, and a pumpkin spiced cider. So good, I think I did pretty good about staying in calories, it was just a guestimate. I actually split the cider with hubby, because it was a 16 oz bottle.  Saturday I went over, just have a snacking I don't care day. Then Sunday I didn't track, which was planned, I like to give myself a day off. However, we ended up eating out twice . We never do that. But after church we ate at Chipolte on our way down to Ikea, then by the time we finished there I was super hungry and tired so we stopped at our fav burger place. And I had a smaller burger because I figured we'd already eaten out. But then I was hungry, so  I came home and ate at home. 

Week 2:

I keep forgetting to talk about one of my goals, which is mobility. I'm spending 10 minutes a day doing one set of mobility exercises from Deskbound.

This weeks goal was 4 days, and I did that.

Tracking: Yes, though I am going over. You would think that since  I am eating at a surplus, I would be satisfied, but I seem to think oh well am eating at a surplus, and it doesn't matter. Really need to get a better attitude about this. I've been baking more.But even if it's Paleo, if you eat half the pan, it's still a lot of calories, go figure. 

Morning: Reading Bible 7/7 days; water 7/7 days; kitchen 5/5 ; 9:30 workout start 3/5 ( still working on this one)

• Like 10

I think it helps to have your goals written down somewhere where you'll always see it. I find that repeating it with every update helps bring it to the forefront of the mind

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Tracking: Yes, though I am going over. You would think that since  I am eating at a surplus, I would be satisfied, but I seem to think oh well am eating at a surplus, and it doesn't matter. Really need to get a better attitude about this. I've been baking more.But even if it's Paleo, if you eat half the pan, it's still a lot of calories, go figure. 

I swear so much of that is mental, moreso than we realize. I still have a lot of trouble eating "normal" portions, even if I'm full afterwards. My body thinks if I don't feel full immediately (and overfull even) I haven't eaten enough. So I hear you!

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

49 minutes ago, Mizbrek said:

I swear so much of that is mental, moreso than we realize. I still have a lot of trouble eating "normal" portions, even if I'm full afterwards. My body thinks if I don't feel full immediately (and overfull even) I haven't eaten enough. So I hear you!

Agreed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow, what an awesome week for you! :loyal:

From everything I've read about Ikea over the years, I would really like to see what it is like, and maybe what shop here compares to it.

Thanks. It is certainly an experience.It starts out sort of cool, then by the end you are exhausted.

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

I think it helps to have your goals written down somewhere where you'll always see it. I find that repeating it with every update helps bring it to the forefront of the mind

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

True.I really like have my gameboard this time. It sits right on my table so I always see it.

1 hour ago, AthenaMM said:

Sounds like a good week! I love shopping at Ikea, but hubby always ends up frustrated and/or annoyed by the end.

Hubby was all happy , it was me who was tired at the end. Not so frustrated, we found what we wanted . It's just you have to shop for the stuff,then go through the warehouse to pick it all up (which by the way I was able to help lift the sofa bed ) and then get in line to pay, then another line to schedule the  delivery

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

IKEA is my nightmare.

But you can by Swedish food there:lol:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

I'm impressed you didn't go for the Swedish meatballs at ikea! 

Sadly, I can't have them.They have wheat and dairy. I would have gone to their cafe though, I like it. But I didn't realize I was hungry until we were ready to leave. If I had known I would have to stand in line for 40 minutes, I might have said I needed food first.  We were there as the Seahawk football game started, we thought the place would be empty, but apparently not.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sadly, I can't have them.They have wheat and dairy. I would have gone to their cafe though, I like it. But I didn't realize I was hungry until we were ready to leave. If I had known I would have to stand in line for 40 minutes, I might have said I needed food first.  We were there as the Seahawk football game started, we thought the place would be empty, but apparently not.

My wife is gluten-free and loves ikea.  She reports that the salmon meal in the cafeteria is pretty good - though I am all about the meatballs, myself.  And the Ligonberry juice :)

36-ikea-humor.jpg

• Like 3

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

1 hour ago, Moros said:

My wife is gluten-free and loves ikea.  She reports that the salmon meal in the cafeteria is pretty good - though I am all about the meatballs, myself.  And the Ligonberry juice :)

36-ikea-humor.jpg

Ahaha love this. And I'm also a convert on the Swedish meatballs. I don't put jam on meat normally but I will slather it on with Swedish meatballs! Dammit I just had lunch and now I'm hungry.

• Like 1

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

3 hours ago, Moros said:

In case she feels left out - https://thedomesticman.com/2012/10/09/gluten-free-swedish-meatballs/ 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On 11/15/2016 at 11:19 AM, Mad Hatter said:

True I mean where else would I be able to buy Swedish food? I mean it's SO hard to come by here in Stockholm. :P 

Maybe next time instead of going to Ikea, I will just visit you and we can get meatballs in Stockholm:lol:

7 hours ago, Moros said:

36-ikea-humor.jpg

Hmmm. I'm a bit dubious on Ikea having good salmon. I used to really like their meatballs though.

6 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

Ahaha love this. And I'm also a convert on the Swedish meatballs. I don't put jam on meat normally but I will slather it on with Swedish meatballs! Dammit I just had lunch and now I'm hungry.

I've never tried the jam on them. I love their ligonberry jam. I didn't buy any. Now I am sort of regretting that decision.

3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Nom, wondering if I could sub out the heavy cream for coconut cream? It looks really good.

• Like 3