YouTube channels

I'm a huge fan of BUFF Dudes.  Especially their "Anatamy of a BUFF Dude" series.  While repetitive, it's a pretty complete breakdown of muscular anatomy.  They are also working on a video they're hyping pretty hard called "Dragon Ball B" which I assume is going to be entertaining and fingers crossed they do something with the Genyu Force.

• Like 3

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

I like Buff Dudes too....another couple I like to watch (which are weight lifting focused) are Alan Thrall and Elite FTS.

Alan Thrall does some great videos about lifting form/technique and diet. Elite FTS' founder Dave Tate does some really inspiring Table Talk videos where he tends to relate the principles of weight training/fitness to bringing that sort of discipline and commitment to other life goals. Dave Tate is a huge inspiration to me :)

Omar Isuf is always working on educational content more than entertainment.

BroScienceLife because hilarious

Then for top level powerlifters and their content I follow John Paul Cauchi and Brett Gibbs.

I follow a whole bunch of others, but they tend to be more vlog style, less useful for fitness lifestyles, more for entertainment.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

One of the only youtube people whose advice I trust is Jeff Cavaliere of AthleanX. 

Has actual credentials as well as experience being the trainer for the New York Mets and personal trainer to many individual athletes. No bullshit techniques with purpose and straightforward explanation of the anatomy involved.

• Like 2

Until Next time, Have a Blast! 

Current Challenge Born of the Ashes of Failure

My alter ego, Gaelic Samurai. Level 6 Ranger
Gym /XXX / XXX / XXX / XX_ / Stretching / XXXX _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / Blog Post /XX _ / X _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _/ No alcohol / XXXXXXX / XXXXXXX / XXXXXXX / XXXXXX _ /

Social Accounts : BodySpace Instagram YouTube

Don't listen to this guy and his advice for real, but use him to figure out how to take the gym less seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BroScienceLife

I love this guy because he's my style of humour, not because he's particularly good at giving gym advice. But regardless, he inspired me to work to "get ript for Jesus" so that's why I love it a bunch.

• Like 4

It's not the size knuckles of the boat knuckles that matters, it's the motion knuckles of the ocean knuckles.

Visit me at my humble website!

I'm a big fan of Thomas Frank, he tends to do productivity and study based videos, but also talks a lot about cultivating good habits in general. He has a few on getting quality sleep, which is certainly my big issue!
I also like Shots of Awe by Jason Silva, not always very applicable but very very motivating, the man's passion is just outright contagious! :D 

On 1/22/2017 at 7:04 AM, Gaelic Samurai said:

One of the only youtube people whose advice I trust is Jeff Cavaliere of AthleanX. 

Has actual credentials as well as experience being the trainer for the New York Mets and personal trainer to many individual athletes. No bullshit techniques with purpose and straightforward explanation of the anatomy involved.

I created a bodyweight routine for myself based on his Xero program and have been very happy with the results.  He is my go-to source for any strength/conditioning issues or ideas.

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

To represent a little for the ladies, I really like Zuzka Light. Sometimes just watching her is a little too mesmerizing, but I appreciate that she does the whole workout with you and even with the beginner series you can see she's working hard.

The only thing I don't like is that she's a total liar when it comes to "equipment-free workouts" -- sorry, but to me chairs and balance balls count as equipment?! 

On 5/10/2017 at 1:42 PM, tyrannosaurus rose said:

To represent a little for the ladies, I really like Zuzka Light. Sometimes just watching her is a little too mesmerizing, but I appreciate that she does the whole workout with you and even with the beginner series you can see she's working hard.

The only thing I don't like is that she's a total liar when it comes to "equipment-free workouts" -- sorry, but to me chairs and balance balls count as equipment?! 

Zuzka has been around for quite a long time. I like her bodyweight stuff and may actually start using some of it again after losing track of her Youtube presence like 4-5 years ago.

• Like 1

Gym /XXX / XXX / XXX / XX_ / Stretching / XXXX _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / Blog Post /XX _ / X _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _/ No alcohol / XXXXXXX / XXXXXXX / XXXXXXX / XXXXXX _ /

1 minute ago, Gaelic Samurai said:

Zuzka has been around for quite a long time. I like her bodyweight stuff and may actually start using some of it again after losing track of her Youtube presence like 4-5 years ago.

I think she may have transitioned to do a little more work on her personal site (Z Gym or something?) and less on Youtube, but since I just found out about her last year, I honestly have no idea on the timeline. She's cool though! I like her.

Just now, tyrannosaurus rose said:

I think she may have transitioned to do a little more work on her personal site (Z Gym or something?) and less on Youtube, but since I just found out about her last year, I honestly have no idea on the timeline. She's cool though! I like her.

I think there was a breakup and an issue with who had ownership of her original fitness channel. It had a different name and I don't remember it well, mostly because I had first found it in probably 2011. She does only get a fraction of the views she used to, and it seems like too many of the videos are sponsored, but you do what you got to do. Her actual workouts are still worthwhile for the most part.

• Like 1

For the longest time, Jujimufu's work has been an inspiration to me, including:

• starting gymnastics
  • weight training
  • training in parks
  • gymnastics rings
  • making my own training sampler for YouTube
  • being more inventive with food
  • listening to metal
  • generally wanting to go jump around outdoors more

He used to run TricksTutorials back in the day, and now runs the Acrobolix website, where nothing much seems to happen. However, you asked about YouTube motivation/advice, and he has so much to offer here - I've sorted them by most popular first so you don't just get a page of the random stuff he's put out more recently.

If you're looking for more fun stuff, check out Damien Walters (video) - stuntman extraordinaire and gymnastic innovator with so many crazy videos. His showreels from ~2013 are particularly good.

• Like 2

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

No mention of JaxBlade yet? This guy is definitely a Youtuber for Nerds who want to get fit. He has a series called Tough Like Toons where he takes a fit fictional character(i.e. One Punch Man, Samurai Jack, The Flash, etc;) and what kind of workout regimes you can do to reach feats like them or get bodies similar to them..

Jax also does videos that do a deep analysis on if a fictional character's workout regime would actually work. His most famous of which is if the One Punch Man workout regime would actually work.

Here's his channel:
JaxBlade

Challenge Logs:

Current Challenge | Fitocracy Profile | Photo Journal

Crab Stats:

Level 27 Ranger | Level 35 Fitocract | Level 100 Awesome