Fairy Cake Monster! (part 2)

Erza Scarlet

Hey guys! Still not sure what guild I want to join, so I'm back here again. :P 

So Erza managed to defeat the Strawberry Cake Monster, but life is never that easy, is it? Erza went through the underground tunnel that the monster was in, but then ran into another monster - the Strawberry Fairy Cake Monster! :strawberry: Erza was pissed off. Not only did it block her way from saving her guildmates, it dared to use the word Fairy in it's name. Erza was going to kick it's butt. 

latest?cb=20160909140301

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so the chocolate quest went really well, I didn't eat chocolate once during the last challenge. :D But I know that was only because I had biscuits to eat when I was craving. So for this challenge I'm going to not have any biscuits either. :unsure: This is going to be tough, but I want to be free from these annoying cravings. (My mind is already thinking of having crisps and jelly sweets (like Haribow) to have instead. The good thing about those is that I find it hard to indulge in them as much, e.g. I wouldn't be able to eat a whole packet of large crisps compared to eating a large pack of chocolate in one go. But I guess I can work on crisps and sweets in the next two challenges. I would prefer to stop eating them all now, but I know I have zero willpower, especially when I'm feeling down (I have depression so that's basically all the time), so I'll have to cut them out throughout the challenges rather than in just one go.     

Quests!

I'm going to stick with two for this challenge, because the diet one is really hard.

Diet: This monster isn't as tough, but I still can't have any cake, so that may be a problem

CX4q-AfUsAEiquZ.jpg

- Cold turkey biscuits 

- Have minimum 100g protein per day (I don't get enough for the amount of exercise I do) 

Strength: The Fairy Cake Monster may be small, but it's just as strong - stronger, even

anime fairy tail erza scarlet erza

- Gym 3x a week (I'm still doing the chiropractor stretches, though it's become a habit so I don't feel the need to include it here). 

I'm going to leave the mind quest for now, I don't tend to do well on those. XD Though that's probably more of a reason I should do it... but then again these challenges are supposed to be fun, not a chore. 

Anyway, good luck to you all! :) 

• Like 2

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

Yay for slowly building goals! Sounds like its going to be really good this challenge, and I am amazed at how you've managed to stay so far away from chocolate! Keep kicking ass! (Especially if its Natsu's :P )

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

54 minutes ago, blackwidowwannabe said:

Hail Ezra, conquerer of chocolate!

Don't know if I would go that far, but I like that title. :lol: 

55 minutes ago, blackwidowwannabe said:

It sounds like a good plan, gradually eliminating the sweet things one at a time. It's surprising the way you sort of adapt to having less chocky in your life. 

Yeah I really doubt I could go cold turkey on all junk food in one good. I'm surprised too, just hoping I won't relapse badly in the future. :unsure: 

57 minutes ago, blackwidowwannabe said:

Major kudos :) 

Thanks! :D 

About me

Day 2: 31/10/16 - Happy Halloween everyone! :ghost::devilish::GB_bonesrock:

Diet:

- No biscuits 

- 96g protein (so close!)

Strength: Moved up in the NFA now so new exercises! :D

- Goblet Lunges 5X4 14kg (not sure whether to do 24kg because I could lift that doing dumbbell overhead press and bent over rows (and kind of 28kg in week 0). Though then again lunges tackle different muscles to those, don't they? And I found 14kg towards the end. So that's probably a really bad idea. XD)  

- Dip 8X4

- Negative chin up 1X10s

- Barbell finger roll 2x11 30kg (the bar alone was too easy)

I nearly fell doing my goblet lunge today (lol) towards the end because it was really heavy. A staff member saw and said I should use 10kg instead until I have proper form.  At first I was disappointed because I had just worked really hard the past 2 challenges to be able to lift 14kg, but again these are lunges, so maybe that doesn't count. But still, not even 12kg? How insulting(!) :P:lol: Haha nahh he was probably just making sure I didn't injure myself, but I think I'm OK with the 14kg for now, I guess I can check again next time I do this exercise. :) 

• Like 1

About me

Day 4: 02/11/2016

Diet:

- No biscuits (though I'm still craving them like crazy, oh my God). 

- 59g... eugh, not the best. Today was not a good day for eating. Depression struck me really hard today so I ate a mountain of crisps to try make me happy. Obviously it didn't and it made me very full for dinner so I couldn't eat most of the protein I had. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

Strength:

- My thighs were still sore so I'm going to the gym tomorrow instead. (Then I can exercise on Saturday, so I'll still have my 3x a week workouts done).

About me

Day 5: 03/11/2016

Man I felt so horrible today. I hope this depression spell disappears, its really draining and horrible. :blue: 

Diet:

- Still managed not to have any biscuits, though I was craving them and chocolate to help make me feel better. 

- 48g so far, didn't have dinner. Will update if I eat anymore protein tonight. 

Strength:

- Forgot the passcode to my phone so couldn't check what my new workout for today was. :stupid: I definitely have to go to the gym tomorrow so I can go on Sunday and make my 3x a week workout. No point failing on my first week. :P 

About me

Day 6: 04/11/2016

I felt better today for some reason, I don't know why. Maybe my depression spell has worn off. I guess I did go to therapy yesterday. And I also felt better in the evening after the gym. (I finally went. :P

Diet:

- No biscuits, but craved them a lot. Realised I was hungry and ate some healthy food, which cleared the cravings. :) But then I had katsu curry later on. :/ I don't understand my obsession with it lol. I've had it so much the taste isn't that exciting anymore. Maybe it's a coping mechanism for cravings. 

- 111g

Strength:

Good day at the gym!

- Barbell Back Squat 4x5 30kg
- Dumbbell Chest Press 4x8 24kg (this is a lot easier than doing them standing up)
- Assisted Chin Up 4x8 (this felt too easy, maybe I'm going something wrong) (Update: just checked and it seems I got the weight mixed up, I didn't realise the higher the weight the easier it is. *facepalm* Well this is embarrassing... :lol: Oh well I least I know now).  

- Bar Hang 2x30s (The thing is that my grip is weak, so my hands kept sliding off. The first time I tried I got 9s, but when I tried again with my thumb clenching my wrists to hang on longer, I got 12/15s (can't remember which :stupid: lol). So I feel like I could go longer if my grip was stronger. Maybe I should start working on my grip strength more often). 

About me

Day 7: 05/11/2016

I've been struck with a big depression episode this week - still have it kinda, so I slacked off a bit on the challenge. I forced myself to post though so I wouldn't derail myself completely. I didn't track my protein for this week so was unable to calculate. I know it was all less than 100g though. 

Diet:

- No biscuits 

- ?g of protein 

Strength:

- Rest day

About me

Day 8: 06/11/2016

Diet:

- No biscuits, but I met up with my family and had some chocolate! The shame. :shame: But at least I was able to have a decent portion and not lose control. I'm glad I'm handling it better now. 

- ? of protein, but my family also got chips for dinner so I had some too. :( I swear meeting up with my family is not good for my diet... God I'm worried about Christmas now. :concern: 

Strength:

- Rest 

About me

Day 11: 09/11/2016

Diet:

- No biscuits 

- ? of protein 

Strength: Finally went back to the gym! :) 

- Barbell Deadlift: 4x5 50kg (I can lift heavier but I was too tired to try today)
- Barbell Overhead Press: 4x5 20kg (again, probably should've tried harder)
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 4x5 14kg (was fairly easy, might increase next time)
- Seated External Rotation: 2x12 4kg (didn't realise how low I would have to lower the weights)

About me

Day 13: 11/11/2016

I went to the doctor today and we decided to change to a different anti-depressant. So hopefully once that kicks in I'll start feeling better (and maybe I can actually start doing better in this challenge. :P

Diet:

- No biscuits 

- 56g of protein and also I had some chips :shame:. Not a great day for the Paleo diet. :( 

Strength:

- Goblet Lunges 5X4 14kg (this felt a lot easier this time, my legs didn't hurt either. I was a bit wobbly, but other than that I was fine :)). 

- Dip 8X4

- Negative chin up 1X10s

- Barbell finger roll 2x11 30kg 

About me

GEEZE no cookies either?  that's amazing, go you! I'm really sorry about the depressive episode, but I'm glad you're trying out a different medication.  I know those take a while to kick in, so I hope you're doing okay.  You've got awesome willpower!  Go you!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Breathe deep.  Seek peace.  Bring a sword.  ---Kishi

Playlist for the Zombie Apocalypse

On 11/13/2016 at 2:51 AM, Treva said:

GEEZE no cookies either?  that's amazing, go you! I'm really sorry about the depressive episode, but I'm glad you're trying out a different medication.  I know those take a while to kick in, so I hope you're doing okay.  You've got awesome willpower!  Go you!

Thanks! My doctor told me to lower the dose and then change tablets on Tuesday. So I hope I'm not in some cranky mood tomorrow. :P But thanks, your support means a lot. :) 

About me

Day 15: 13/11/2016

Strength:

- Barbell Back Squat 4x5 50kg - extra 20kg! :D  
- Dumbbell Chest Press 4x8 24kg 
- Assisted Chin Up 4x8 (OK, now that I know how to work the machine, I found out that I'm on 68kg - if I remember right). Was difficult but managed to do it. :)  

- Bar Hang 2x30s (9s again... I really feel I could hold on longer if I had a stronger grip...) 

Diet:

- No biscuits 

- 25g protein O.o Whoops :/ 

About me

Day 16: 14/11/2016

Strength:

- Rest day 

Diet:

- No biscuits 

- 20g of protein :o 

My oven has been broken for the past few days and the landlord is taking for ever to come round and fix it. :hopelessness: Therefore I haven't been able to cook any meat, which is where I get most of my protein from, so that's why my protein count has been so low the past few days. Maybe I should try eating some eggs instead...*sigh* I wish they would come round and fix it already! Lazy landlords. :lol:   

About me

Day 18: 16/11/2016

Strength:

- Barbell Deadlift: 4x5 60kg :D 20kg increase! Yay! :P 
- Barbell Overhead Press: 4x5 20kg (I tried 30kg but was too heavy. The plates for 5kg were taken so I just settled for the bar again). 
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 4x5 16kg! Wow! Never knew I would be able to use a 16kg dumbbell! :D 
- Seated External Rotation: 2x12 4kg 

Diet:

- No biscuits 

- 101g of protein :D Finally eaten the amount I said I would have. :lol: 

About me