Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

Leonine

*cough* Erm, hello Nerd Fitness, long time no see.

I haven't been doing many challenges lately, but I'm feeling inspired! I've also been missing the NF Forums terribly, so I'm happy to be here.

In a nutshell, I'm challenging myself to get a massively great start to the day by affording myself three things that I know are huge for my well-being. They are:

• Meditation
  • Yoga/Exercise
  • Plant-based breakfast

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm bummed that I missed all the dragon fun in the last challenge! So, I thought I would theme this month's challenge (better late than never!) around dragons as well. Specifically, the summoning of three "dragons" I'd like to have by my side each and every morning. I'm nicknaming each with an Ayurveda Dosha, which I'm learning more about (Ayurvedic Cheet-Sheet Here), and I felt were more or less fitting!

So, here's the details of my 'Dawn of Dragons' challenge. Each morning, I will:

Summon the Vata Dragon (Calm the Mind):

Meditate for 20 minutes, first thing after waking up.

I'm a fidgeter for sure, so just being still and trying to focus for 20 minutes straight is something I'd like to get more practiced at. The quality of the meditations can come later, let's just get started...

Summon the Pitta Dragon (Ignite the Spirit):

Practice yoga sequences, preferably by attending morning class (can do at home if in a pinch, 30 minutes!)

This is a tough one for me! I often come up with the lamest excuses not to go, or not to practice. Which is silly, because I always feel so great when I'm going to classes regularly! I want to stop letting worries and being ill-prepared get in my way of self-care.

Summon the Kapha Dragon (Nourish the Body):

Eat a fueling, well-balanced plant-based breakfast.

This one requires planning ahead, since I don't get much time for it with my other dragons. Although wheat is a plant, toast doesn't count as a well-balanced breakfast. Needs moar plants.

So, there we have the goals! With those three 'dragons' by my side, I feel like I could really take on any day. The tough part of this challenge, for me, is that they all have to be done first thing. There's no 'making it up' later! Will that motivate me, or will it bite me in the rear? Only time will tell. I'd rather not get dragon bites at all. :D 

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

12 hours ago, Leonine said:

So, there we have the goals! With those three 'dragons' by my side, I feel like I could really take on any day. The tough part of this challenge, for me, is that they all have to be done first thing. There's no 'making it up' later! Will that motivate me, or will it bite me in the rear? Only time will tell. I'd rather not get dragon bites at all. :D 

Self care is such a huge challenge sometimes, it'll be exciting to hear about your progress in this area. What's a normal plant-based breakfast look like for you?