I'M ALIVE

Friends, I fell off the bandwagon preeeeeetty badly last challenge.

wZiIAa3TBAZ8c.gif

The main issue is that I just couldn't get myself to log onto NF! 

No accountability = FAILURE. for me. 

So this challenge I'm working on maintaining the ground I've fought for in previous challenges, and pushing through some new ones.

Sorry for being late late late. But I wanted to start on Nov 1st, and for all intents and purposes I did. Except for logging on here. 

MAINTAIN:

• Meal prep habit
  • Spin class 2-3x weekly
  • Lift / Gym 2-3x weekly
  • Simplified food tracking (in BuJo)
  • Scripture study and prayer in the mornings
  • 7-8 hours of sleep nightly AT LEAST. I'm useless without sleep. 

NEW HABITS:

• Use bone stimulator daily. I have a broken bone in my foot that has been causing issues. I need to use a bone stimulator for ~3 hours a day to promote healing.
  • BuJo daily. I have had a bullet journal set up for a few months, but am still sketchy about daily usage. Want to upkeep it and use it to its full potential. Don't know what a BuJo is? Check out this blog and here for great examples. 
  • Work on sugar addiction. I've made big strides in my diet, but my love of sweets is super holding me back. I need to tolerate the headaches and moodiness and limit my sweet intake to 1 sweet a day. 1 sweet = ~300 calories of dessert, or one serving. I know it's a lot, but I'm pathetic and that's a decrease in my current habit.
  • Incorporate more cholesterol-friendly foods into my diet. Annually, I  get health evaluations from work. Most recently, I was told my cholesterol has been climbing for the past couple of years. I wanna nip that in a the bud before it becomes an issue. Initially, I'm going to incorporate fish into dinners once a week and use more of my chicken and ground turkey recipes rather than red meats
  • LOG ONTO NERD FITNESS SILLY GOOSE. This is probably THE most important change I need to make. And it's the one that's most difficult for me. I don't know WHY, but I have the hardest time with it. Pointers and suggestions welcome! I know if I get on, I'll feel support and encouragement, and I'll feel accountable for what I'm doing. But I don't. SO I'm going to reinstate my battle log and have daily updates, even if they're super short. Tapatalk app will help. 

I'm looking forward to being back and seeing some of my peeps on here! I MISS YOU!! You'll hear from me soon. Like tomorrow, or I'm failing this challenge. 

k bye! 

• Like 5

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

Hooray, welcome back! We're sharing a lot of the same goals as far as doing better than last time. My beautifully drawn up journal has so many blank spaces :( And any restriction on sweet stuff is impressive if you can pull it off!

As for NF, I've definitely found I tend to do better at challenges when I'm checking out the site regularly. I've always got this forum open in a tab on my phone. Also, I like to go through the archive of Steve's articles. Just reading one every other day is enough to remind me that this is a thing I'm trying to stick with! And you never know what pearls of wisdom can be found in there

• Like 1

Welcome back! Loving the challenges! <3

Re: The BuJo. I actually only do weeklies instead of dailies now, but I also made a separate one for work (since I teach, it's better to keep it separate). Since I don't really have enough "personal" stuff to do, I find that weekly spreads instead of daily spreads work much better for me. 

• Like 1

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

Found you hear too!! :D

Srnding groovy vibes to help you through this challenge! Also it's the beauty of falling off a bandwagon, you get to get on it again :) 

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

20 hours ago, blackwidowwannabe said:

Hooray, welcome back! We're sharing a lot of the same goals as far as doing better than last time. My beautifully drawn up journal has so many blank spaces :( And any restriction on sweet stuff is impressive if you can pull it off!

As for NF, I've definitely found I tend to do better at challenges when I'm checking out the site regularly. I've always got this forum open in a tab on my phone. Also, I like to go through the archive of Steve's articles. Just reading one every other day is enough to remind me that this is a thing I'm trying to stick with! And you never know what pearls of wisdom can be found in there

Sugar has been doing pretty well so far! I find if I "allow" myself one sweet a day, I'm pickier about what I'm eating. If it's just regular cake or a cheap brownie or leftover Halloween candy, I'm less likely to mindlessly eat it and hold out for the sweets and desserts I dig. But also I don't feel as anxious or like I'm in a choke-hold when an emotional craving pops up because I have given myself permission to have a sweet a day.

Reading the articles is such a great idea! Thank you! I'll have to start doing that. I also have an email folder of posts from NerdFitness and other health-conscious sites I need to read through. Keeping up with those could be helpful to stay motivated and consistent.

So nice to hear from all of you!!! :)

• Like 2

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

Hey! 

I do week things in my BuJo instead of Dailies, and it means I have to write less and I get a better overview (that reminds me, I need to mark out next weeks ... )

As for accountability, maybe arrange it so notifications are sent to your email instead? And set an alarm for a time to log on and do a quick update in your thread (which may eventually lead to a couple hours reading everyone's challenges)

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

On November 4, 2016 at 3:36 PM, durfette said:

Sugar has been doing pretty well so far! I find if I "allow" myself one sweet a day, I'm pickier about what I'm eating. If it's just regular cake or a cheap brownie or leftover Halloween candy, I'm less likely to mindlessly eat it and hold out for the sweets and desserts I dig. But also I don't feel as anxious or like I'm in a choke-hold when an emotional craving pops up because I have given myself permission to have a sweet a day.

I'm worn ya sister! I did no sugar yesterday and I just watched my thoughts and realized how addicted i am. I made it one day but by ratting slot of fruit and dates... 

• Like 1

Thank you @IAmInfinite!! I'll have to evaluate when will be the best time for me to log on. I'm trying not to log on too much during work hours (like currently, whoops). Maybe I can do it quickly at 5 o'clock after work each day before I head home? I've also tried skimming it in the few minutes before my spin class starts when I'm warming up and not too focused on the workout yet. 

16 hours ago, Butternut said:

I did no sugar yesterday and I just watched my thoughts and realized how addicted i am.

When I go off sugar, I have to warn my husband because I'm such a monster. I am literally a three-year-old (tantrums, mood swings, pouty moods) it's terrible. 

56908684.jpg

Also, I wanted to share this article. It's about setting goals and not setting ones that aren't important to you. I really enjoyed it.

and last but not least, here is my meal plan for the week:

Dinners:
Monday: stuffed bell peppers
Tuesday: leftovers
Wednesday: Tilapia and steamed veggies
Thursday: Chicken fajitas
Friday: Eating out? / leftovers
Saturday: Flautas
Sunday: Homemade pizza (because my husband will revolt if we don't get pizza one a week or so) 

Lunches:
Monday: Trader Joe's premade salad
Tuesday: Tuna and whole wheat crackers with veggies
Wednesday: Prosciutto (small amount, I have to like what I eat, you know?), HB eggs, fresh veggies and sweet potato mash
Thursady: Mason jar green salad with TJ ranch dressing (this stuff is AMAZING and low calorie / low fat) and chicken strips
Friday: same as Wednesday

My breakfasts have been consistently the same shake, every morning. It's filling and I LOVE the taste. It comes to about 500 calories, but it sustains me without having to have a morning snack. I decided that I can handle planning for one healthy snack a day, but TWO drives me nuts. I'm also not exactly counting calories right now (more serving sizes) so I may decrease the PB when I get closer to that level. This shake also prevents me from being exhausted and fussy after my workouts which is perfect way to start the day for me. 

My recipe:
1 scoop of protein (currently it's Vanilla whey from ON Gold Standard, but ISO-100 Cake Batter has been my favorite so far)
2 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter (it smooths out the texture like a charm)
1 cup of Costco's frozen triple berries
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (light and perfect)
Blend until smooth and voila! perfection. 

Sometimes I'll add 1 Tbsp of chia seeds to add some fiber because... cholesterol told me to. 

If I ever get sick of this, I have a backup breakfast in egg white oatmeal or scrambled eggs with veggies. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Previous I

I like your one sweet a day goal. Might have to use that when I get back to reducing that.

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Following. Seems like the struggle has been very real for quite a few of us recently. 

• Like 3

Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

-Miyamoto Musashi

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/83906-kvedulfs-second-challenge-first-steps-on-a-new-way/

9 hours ago, Kvedulf said:

Following. Seems like the struggle has been very real for quite a few of us recently. 

Agreed. 

Hope me everything is falling into place!

• Like 2

Hi friends! Sorry it's been a bit since I've checked in. I'm doing okay, just had a rough couple of weeks, and I've been working on feeling more like myself. I have a hard time getting back on my feet when I'm thrown off. Any suggestions for how to get your groove back after falling off the wagon? 

Things I've been keeping up with:

Spin classes 3x a week (100%)

Sweets once a day (50%)

BuJo-ing (0%) :( 

Logging onto NF daily (0%) :(

I'm sorry I haven't been there for you all, but I really appreciate those of you who have checked in on me. :) You are all so wonderful! 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Previous I

Might not help at all, but my old boss used to say to "draw a line in the sand and wipe the page clean" kind of a what's done is done, don't dwell on it, start over from square one and what happens in the past is on the pasg kind of thing. I know its a hard thing to follow but the concept has helped me, even if I'm not that good at the execution. 

• Like 1

Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

-Miyamoto Musashi

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/83906-kvedulfs-second-challenge-first-steps-on-a-new-way/

11 hours ago, durfette said:

Any suggestions for how to get your groove back after falling off the wagon? 

Baby steps. Depending on how far you fell of the wagon, you might not be able to jump back in at the place you were at. That is okay, choose one thing and get that back, then the next and then the next. Or possibly two small things.

I fell of the wagon with my steps earlier this fall. Stopped taking daily walks too. I was around 8000/8500 steps a day. When I was ready to get back in the wagon I said 6000 steps a day, which was my goal way back in June, but I knew I could hit it with only one walk a day. For this challenge I raised it to 6500. I'm not as consistent as I was before I fell off, so I miss a day here or there. But I don't let that stop me.

I also liked @Kvedulf's suggestion.

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

GUYS. I've been feeling really weird lately, and I haven't quite been able to put my finger on it. Some symptoms: super exhausted, even though I've gotten enough sleep, heart burn (first time I've ever experienced this) and sometimes I feel like food will make me puke, but I haven't puked yet. 

Some of you know that I've been trying to get pregnant for about a year, but my hormones have been all out of whack. Most recent tests show that they are still out of whack. But I just got TWO positive pregnancy tests. I don't know how it's possible, because it doesn't seem like I was ovulating at all. And I'm trying not to get my hopes up cuz my OB is out of town for a few weeks but GUYS. I'm a little freaked out.

Aside from all that mess, I've been eating pretty well when I do eat! I made fish last night (frozen tilapia, pan seared with just salt and pepper) and my husband actually really liked it! SCORE. I've been drinking a lot of smoothies, getting to spin class. No lifting in a while though because I can't get myself out of bed every morning. =\

My gym is doing this 7-week program for spin class where you track your mileage and frequency in attending. If you get some crazy number of miles which I don't remember, because I don't stand a chance OR if you attend 14 times total, you get a free shirt! I want a free shirt guys. Plus that'll help me stay motivated to at least show up to the gym through the holiday season. Which is pretty tricky of them. 

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Previous I

The gym spin class challenge sounds like a smart move of your gym, at least if they want people to actually workout. Considering so many gyms lives on the people who pay and don't exercise, I like the focus of your gym.

Is there another OB, you can meet just for a preg test? I'm not sure how early you can take such and have it be accurate, but if it is earlier than before your OB comes back, I'd personally consider just going to someone else for that because uncertainty is so exhausting! *hugs*