Aquamom is Fashionably Late

Aquamom

Hello my fellow Rangers!

Well, I had grand plans of setting up this thread this past weekend when I returned from a trip and didn't get there.  Then the week started and here we are!

I have no grand, over-arching quest or goal right now.  Mainly because I'm so incredibly overwhelmed with work; so overwhelmed that I can't seem to find the time to apply to other jobs!  Ugh.

So, perhaps my over-arching quest is to keep my sanity.

Mission 1:  Stick with Hero's Journey bodyweight training.

Mission 2:  Run twice a week (not much, but I'm working on being gentle with myself).  Or general cardio - ideally I'd like to get to the pool.

Mission 3:  Get caught up on all my comics!  Comics waiting to be read (and this will be updated once I get home):

• Aquaman Rebirth #8
  • Aquaman Rebirth #9
  • Green Arrow Rebirth #1
  • Green Arrow Rebirth #2
  • Green Arrow Rebirth #3
  • Green Arrow Rebirth #4
  • Green Arrow Rebirth #5
  • Green Arrow Rebirth #6
  • Green Arrow Rebirth #7
  • Green Arrow Rebirth #8
  • Green Arrow Rebirth #9
  • Wonder Woman Rebirth #5
  • Wonder Woman Rebirth #6
  • Wonder Woman Rebirth #7
  • Wonder Woman Rebirth #8
  • Wonder Woman Rebirth #9
  • The Killing Joke
  • The Man Without Fear
  • Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor (ok, not a comic, but I would like to finish it).
  • Spell or Highwater (ok, another book, but it's nerdy, listening to it)

Simple, nothing earth-shattering. . . 

• Like 1

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

Glad you are back and keeping it simple.

I like your idea of having an overarching sanity goal! That is definitely a worthy one when you are swamped and feeling overwhelmed with work. 

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

On 11/3/2016 at 5:52 PM, Elastigirl said:

Welcome back. Looks like a good solid challenge!

Thanks!  I think it will get me through these next couple of tough weeks.

16 hours ago, ShadowLion said:

Glad you are back and keeping it simple.

I like your idea of having an overarching sanity goal! That is definitely a worthy one when you are swamped and feeling overwhelmed with work. 

Yes, sanity is key at this point.  I think my anxiety is flaring up because of the election.  Ugh.  In addition to my office.

Ok, I've kept up with the Hero's Journey bodyweight stuff which has been great.  I'd like to work on my diet, but I haven't made that a "strict" goal right now.  First, I'd like to get into an exercise routine.  Even if I keep exercising while I'm away, I find it hard to get back into the groove once I'm home.

I was feeling wicked anxious this morning so went for a quick run.  I'm still run/walking but I don't care.  I'm out there and feeling good.  Generally once I start exercising my diet falls into place.

I did some major comic book reading today - spent all morning catching up with Wonder Woman.  Quite enjoyable!

Then I went to see Dr. Strange with a friend; picked up my oldest son from a birthday party, took him home and played video games with him - after he read to me.  He was doing so well!!!  I'm worried because it seems he not where his teacher wants him to be, but I've already seen such improvement since the beginning of the school year.

Anyway, I'm tired.  It's Sunday night.  This week is going to be crazy.

• Like 2

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

Hello Friends.  

I will admit to doing no exercise yesterday or today.  Yesterday I was running around and today I'm just in sickened shock and haven't eaten enough to workout (I would just get light-headed).  Anyway, I'm having a bit of a rough time because of the election of Trump.  I really just wish I was back at Camp so that I could hug everyone.

• Like 1

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

23 minutes ago, Aquamom said:

Hello Friends.  

I will admit to doing no exercise yesterday or today.  Yesterday I was running around and today I'm just in sickened shock and haven't eaten enough to workout (I would just get light-headed).  Anyway, I'm having a bit of a rough time because of the election of Trump.  I really just wish I was back at Camp so that I could hug everyone.

I feel your pain.  I've been sick about it all day.

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

14 hours ago, mom2sjm said:

I feel your pain.  I've been sick about it all day.

Yeah, I went to bed last night and thought I would feel better when I woke up, but not so much.  Just trying to take it one step at a time.  Hang in there!

Woke up and exercised this morning, but need to run. . . not sure when I'll fit that in.  Or at least get on the bike or hop in the pool.

Reading is slow going, I've gotten sucked into The Clone Wars on netflix as a coping mechanism at night.

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

Still working through post-US election malaise.  Haven't run but am trying to stay with the Hero's Journey exercises.

I did finish reading Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor (book 66 for the year; headway on my epic quest!).  I also finished Spell or High Water and have moved along to the third book in the Magic 2.0 series.  I need to catch up on The Green Arrow comics. . . 

Feeling the need to delve into everything nerdy!

• Like 1

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

Ran this morning!  And finished an episode of Daredevil while I was at it!  Yay!

I started reading this book - Romeo and/or Juliet - basically, a choose your own adventure story around the Romeo & Juliet framework.  I followed one path last night which ended in Juliet becoming a pirate!  I was laughing so hard.  I can't wait to see what tonight's adventure holds!

• Like 1

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

Ran last night. Not my favorite time if day to run, but I needed it. My stress and anxiety levels are sky high and I'm not seeing much relief. Most of it stems from work. Ok. ALL of it.

The good news is it's looking more and more likely that I will change Firms in the next 6 months. While this is exciting, it's also a bit nerve wracking.

I don't want to leave my current firm high and dry, but there is no more room for advancement and I feel very undervalued (monetarily). I need so much reassurance that this is the right move. I know it is, but still stressful.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

Love the Rachel gif! :)

Glad you are finding nerdy ways to cope. There are a lot of us trying to regain our balance. Hang in there and keep taking care of yourself.

That's a lot of stressful stuff with work, but you sound very aware and determined. It does sound like it's time for a change!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

On 11/20/2016 at 1:19 AM, ShadowLion said:

That's a lot of stressful stuff with work, but you sound very aware and determined. It does sound like it's time for a change!

I am so insanely ready for a change.  I was talking to my therapist this morning and I felt like everything was fine, everything was fine and then BOOM everything is NOT. FINE.  I'm done busting my butt.  I cannot really move up in this Firm anymore anyway.  I'm just trying to suck it up for the next 6 weeks and hopefully I will get an offer from this other Firm.  

The problem is that the stress and anxiety this job is causing lately is making me feel sick and tired - literally.  I'm not sleeping well at all, my stomach hurts, I'm not hungry and when I do eat, I'm not making the best choices because I just want something that going to make me feel better - if that makes any sense.

As far as this challenge goes, I think I did a middling job.  I think it will be important for me to really dive into the next challenge.  I think I need an accountabili-buddy.  I'm going to give myself a half-level up because I rocked the reading part of this challenge and had some anxiety wins, but didn't do so hot with the exercise parts.

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4