linda

Avg. for plankers: 967.5 secs

Avg. for active members (10): 387 secs

Avg. for all members (14): 276.4 secs

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

I have a 5k on saturday that a friend of mine is doing so yesterday I tried to run a bit more on my 3 mile. 37 mins later I finished my 3 miles. Yes. Now to do less walking, since I know that most of it is in my head.

Good job on the jump rope. I have yet to find a rope:(

Enjoy the holiday Grllpwr !

Just thought I'd check in too, no trip away for me but I have managed a nice even 500 ropings of jump so far this week - hopefully I can keep it up for the rest of the week!

Regards

Quentin

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Thirster, don't worry , it's not a competition between us , but everything each of us can do goes towards the team total :-) and I haven't done anything more yet so best not wait for me to set the pace LOL!

Ran the 5k yesterday. I fell into step with someone and jogged the first 2 miles without stopping. I ran/walked the rest. I don't know my time exactly yet forgot to look I was tired but should know when results are posted. I know it was under 40 so yay!

I was tired all day and was doing good with my diet until I helped to bake for a bake sale. Special K bars uses Special K cereal not Chex, which was for the puppy chow. which prompted taste testing the rejects batch by the bakers.

Thirster- Larping is a workout. Adding variety to your workouts is necessary every once in a while to keep things interesting.

Hi everyone, just thought i'd check in and see how we're all doing (done?) with the jump rope challenge?

I'm happier with my end result this week than last week.

I only did three seasons this week but got a fair sweat up each time. I managed 500, then 500 then today set to it like a boss (a determined boss rather than a coordinated one!) And cracked out 1,000 so a total for the week of 2,000, which I'm happy with, plus it's got me into using the rope I bought awhile ago and I'm enjoying it!

Regards

Quentin

Why am I so popular all of a sudden?! The last three weeks my workout routine has been messed up at least three times because of friends wanting ot hang out, and I can't just say "no, I've got to workout tonight". At least, I feel like I can't....

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Hey there,

it's been a while since I checked in the last time. Had to get some things clear.

I totally sucked at my personal challenge but jumped on the train again today, totally willing to get this working.

I made some lists and cut down my goals to little pieces.

I hope to fight my dragon this way.

And I am in in the next challenge. So long dudes

turtle

Happy Easter everyone, hope you are all doing well and get to spend time today with loved ones!

Welcome back Grllpwr!

Turtle, hang in there, it sounds like you've got a good plan for tackling your goals there!

This is my first six week challenge and I've learnt a lot so far myself, like you I haven't necessarily solved all the world's problems, or even my own goals but I do have a slightly better idea how to go about it and what I want to do so I'm very happy.

Regards

Quentin

Hello everyone, A few things to update. This post will be also on my blog but I want all of you to know as well.

One, I got my time back for the 5k a few weeks back and I was certinly under 40mins, 38:36 was my time!

Two, I have not really working specificly at my goals I set back in beginning of this challenge but changed them to meet my new goals. For exercise, I finished the 3 week yoga beginner level at yogajournal.com and after a week break I have started the 3 week intermediate level. I am doing this everynight (unless it says that it is a morning routine then I save it for the morning and do two the next day.) But my flexablity has improved!

Three, Getting out there and walking and jogging I find weather and want to be a problem. (I know I need to be like Yoda= "there is no try.")

Four, my goal of applying for a job(s), is better this week after I found a school and position I am really excited about. This find has been desire to get things done.

Five, weight. I have been slowly dropping my weight. My total since september is 17 lbs. but only 2 lbs since december.

Finally six, my diet has also been a bit rough especially with Easter and leftovers.

All right done with my rant. Suggestions welcome.

Thirster,

Good job with the shopping! As well as the great benefits which themselves might hopefully motivate you, I just life playing with new toys and found sure instance a great desire to do heaps of dumbbell work just after ii bought mine and jump rope just after I bought one then settle down to a good regular routine.

Kay, you're got since great results there and particularly good knowledge about where you are and what you want to work more on.

Since Steve's post on yoga, I've been thinking more about how actually I'd really like to get more flexible so I've bookmarked that yoga link you gave to check out (collecting underpants I know, but I'm still doing my existing workouts so I'm not just sitting still :-))

Re my own goals, I too have adjusted them on the fly but my most important one, to get into a regular workout routine, I'm pleased to say I've ready stuck to. Even though I still haven't pinned down an exact routine, I'm getting better at setting a consistent time and haven't missed one yet, though I still feel how easy it would be to.

How is everyone else going?

Regards

Quentin

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Stayed to my goals over Easter... The only non Paleo food was some Polish cake that is a family tradition from way back, but just one slice on Easter and obe on Dyngus Day.

Converted a coworker to Paleo this week, too

Exercising what I can at work, doing the barbells when I get home. Found I was doing squats not deep enough due to my knee pain but have since found a workaround so now doing good form full instead of faux squats.

STR 5.25 | DEX 3.75 | CON 5.75 | END 3.5 | WIS 6 | CHA 5.5

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines