After a 5 minutes debate...

And reading some of the other new comers posts to see what kind of info they were giving I decided to introduce myself.

My name is Cass and I'm from sunny So Cal. 33 years young. A mommy to 2 awesome little girls. A girlfriend to a man who has never experienced a weight issue in his entire life (I mean the 6 pack abs by doing 2 sit ups every morning to hit snooze on the alarm clock type of man, do you see the low key hating??? LOL) <-- Nervous introduction joke, which is true though.

Anyhow, I have been tackling a weight issue for the past 13 years I would say. Most of which was pretty standard and I guess "doable." Until after my second daughter, when I became pretty much obese to my eyes, but of course we are our worse critics. About 6 years ago I managed to bring myself down to a tolerable weight just by being active which was awesome, but then I experienced the divorce diet. Which I dropped 30 pounds in 2 weeks (no joke!!!) which I thought was a blessing in disguise, but I actually looked horrible because so many people were used to seeing me thick. Regardless, now 6 years later being comfy again I have managed to put myself at another all time high. Here I will give you some figures (I haven't even shared these with the bf, so imagine the trust I am putting in you all...)

I am 5 feet tall and now I am at 144 pounds. Well, that was last week anyway, I refused to weigh myself this week because I have hit a wall. Hence, why I am now an active board member here. I lost about 9.5 pounds which was absolutely awesome and had me pumped. Keeping the same calorie counts (with 2 cheat dates in the past month because of my and the bf's birthday) and the same gym routine I gained 5 pounds. I am assuming it has a lot to do with my diet so I am going to try and incorporate the paleo diet into my life as well as keeping the calorie counts. I am also going to try and incorporate Steve's workouts into my life cutting my gym time in half which would be SO AWESOME!!! I just started working full time again so I don't think 2 hours at the gym 4 days a week will be fitting for me. It may even discourage me because I also have other hobbies I love. I have a controlled addiction to fps games and artsy fartsy type things and along with the gym those keep me sane...

Ok, so I realized I am rambling, which I tend to do in nervous situations. I have an oxymoron type personality, a shy people person. I am extremely excited for everything I may learn and my new approach to my health and fitness. I am pretty proud of myself already because I have stuck to what I started at the end of January. Although, I need a new motivation. My best friend and his wife have been extremely helpful for me as well through my fitness pal (they live in NY). Although, I think I need a new approach for myself. What is working for them doesn't seem to be working for me.

So, I am Cass and I look forward to sharing tips, information and success stories with you all.

Thanks...

(Please forgive me for my rambling)

"I deal with the real so if it's artificial let it be. - Black Thought"

Welcome! I too love fps and artsy fartsy things...too bad right now I don't have a lot of time for either.

At any rate, this is a great place to be for motivation and advice! Do you have specific goals you are reaching for? Often if you write them down it helps ;)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Welcome! I don't mind the rambling at all :) You should see me on chat.... but that's beside the point. I'm excited for you! It sounds like you're already making some great changes and are really committed to this. We have a great community here, so never be afraid to ask questions or post. We've got your back ;)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Welcome, from a kindred soul; I joke that I am the most extroverted introvert you'll ever meet. (I use "extrovert" colloquially there, but "introvert" in terms of MBTI type - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator )

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Thank you all for the welcomes, it is truly appreciated! Hope to find myself on the boards more with my busy schedule!!! Definitely awesome to have all of you guys as a support team for my life changing decision! (Hate the term I just want to lose weight, which I do, but want to be healthy as well) See you around the boards!!!

Welcome! I too love fps and artsy fartsy things...too bad right now I don't have a lot of time for either.

At any rate, this is a great place to be for motivation and advice! Do you have specific goals you are reaching for? Often if you write them down it helps ;)

I force myself to make time for those things. If I find myself in a cycle where I forget about the hobbies I actually enjoy then I am suspect to injure people on the road or some weird thing like that. We all have our sanctuaries right?