The Great Push-Up Dare:11/11- 11 /30

The Great Push Up Dare

@x Valkyrie x  is trying to earn  charisma and bravery points, and embrace the weird (https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/09/20/embrace-the-weird/) by boldly doing pushups at the airport. In a sedentary world, it can take superhuman feats of bravery to step forth and do exercise while the rest of the world sits. In order to encourage one another  to show the world movement is good, we have challenged each other to the Great Push- Up Dare. Valkyrie will perform pushups at the airport , and I will choose another public place, such as my front yard to do push ups. Do you want to take the challenge with us? Simply  choose a public place, where you are likely to be seen by others and do any progression of push-ups. Or choose another exercise if you want.The main point of the challenge is for us to step out of our comfort zone and  exercise in a place  other than a gym or our garage.

To play : 

Do pushups (or other exercise) in a non traditional setting and then tell us about it. Video are fun, but not necessary. Bonus points if someone actually notices you

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

4 hours ago, Xena said:

Hey there! I'm a big fan of airport pushups. I'll do some on my Thanksgiving travel next week :-)

Probably won't have photos, but I'll let you know if I have any funny stories to share!

Yay for Traveling turkey pushups!

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Did mine on the sidewalk in front of the sidewalk of the junior high. There were teenagers milling about, but I don't think any of them paid attention to the strange lady doing pushups on the sidewalk.:)

Ok @x Valkyrie x your turn.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Ok, 20 squats done at my gate! people cared not, and no one even stared at me! (I couldn't find an empty chair to do elevated pushups with, so I squatted instead)

Way to go!!!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2016 at 2:52 PM, Xena said:

22 pushups in Chicago's midway airport. No one batted an eyelash ;-)

Ha way to go! I'm at O'Hare ! :P

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Did mine on the sidewalk in front of the sidewalk of the junior high. There were teenagers milling about, but I don't think any of them paid attention to the strange lady doing pushups on the sidewalk.:)

Ok @x Valkyrie x your turn.

Haha that's guts!!

• Like 2