#22kill dedication to our veterans

Been doing some soul searching lately, I guess it's because I'm on the wrong side of 30 and people are depending on me. Fun thing is I get to help people reach his or her goals on the daily. What I don't see are people actually standing up anymore for what's right. We have people on his or her knees to make a statement of a system that we choose to be a part of. We have the freedom to spit in the faces of people who are risking his or her lives every single day to help make our dreams possible. "All gave some; some gave all" - Howard William Osterkamp

I'm very fortunate to be a part of a community of men and women who have served our country. It pains me to see our community numbers dwindle because of these fine, brave people who have somewhere down the road decided it was his or her time. I'm not one to speculate on this matter but these people like everyone else, matter. EVERYONE has something to offer this world. A simple smile or a glance of hope gesturing that we can accomplish a purpose in our lives. I'd like to participate in this movement best way I know how. It is my goal now to do these simple gestures of reaching out to make people more aware that we all matter. So I'd like to challenge whoever to take up the 22kill challenge in his or her life and spread the word. I don't care if I get recognition for this post, but I do care that people start to care. You'll see me on the floor. #22kill #pushupsforveterans

Here's my first post: https://youtu.be/plqv04t2Y8Q

Instead of reply, do something. Share this message with your world in your own words. Do push-ups for someone you know who maybe going through something. We all need each other.

@noobsvsninjas, I have a question quick.  I've seen this go around a couple times in the last year, but I haven't seen what other action is recommended.  It's vital to share awareness for this, but we need to DO something else to.  When the ice bucket challenge went around a while back, it pointed to the ALS Association.  They ended up raising several million dollars that way.  They've been supporting research in turn.

Do you support any charities specific that support veterans in need (like Wounded Warrior)?  Are there any bills going through Congress now that would be particularly good or particularly bad for vets?  Is there anything specific we can ask our congress critters to do or support?  I'm lucky enough that my brother got help for his PTSD before it dragged him down completely.  I just want to make sure that we actually use this good will for good works.

• Like 1

Holtzmann is my copilot.

"have you ever thought 'i am not good enough to do this?' THATS THE SOUND OF YOUR REVERSE TWIN. do not listen. you are good enough to do this" - Chuck Tingle

In the U.K. We have very strong public support for the "Help For Heroes" charity which many people raise money for when doing the 22pushups challenge. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously