Basement Cat's battle log

Ok! So this is another respawn, and frankly I'm getting tired of respawning all the time. So no more nonsense. I know what works for me, because it worked super well before and the only reason I failed is because I stopped doing it.

Breakfast: protein shake with milk and yogurt. 

Lunch: Soup and sandwich combo or meat dish with veggie side.

Dinner: spinach omelette with bacon.

That's it for food. I did great on that with lots of veggies at lunch. I like soup because it's easy to make and bring to work.

Exercise: angry birds workout. I got great success with that before.

So here we go!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Monday, May 8th 2017

Workout done. I'm following a program I found online that works for me. It's 3 days a week for 6 weeks and there are 3 levels of difficulty (number of reps per set). I'm planning to work my way through the program and then 'graduate' to harder variations of the exercises.

5 sets of inclined push ups

5 sets of squats

5 sets of dumbbell overhead presses

I will switch the dumbbell presses for inverted rows now that my pull up bar is installed. The bar can be adjusted and lowered as needed. Very cool.

Next workout is Wednesday.

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

My latest batch of veggie soup is pretty good: onion, celery, turnip, green bean, broccoli, cauliflower and lots of carrot all blended into a smooth texture. Add a little lot of black pepper, a pinch of cayenne and a some garlic for seasoning and it makes for a very nice side to any meal. I'm going for three cups of the stuff a day (one with every meal). That should cover the veggie requirement. It could use a little tomato though...

Now there's that red cabbage and apple thing I need to try out.

• Like 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

3 hours ago, Basement Cat said:

Now there's that red cabbage and apple thing I need to try out.

Sounds intriguing... My mind is whirling in a half dozen combinations of cabbage and apple and all of it is sounding pretty good.  I don't know why I didn't think of this combination before.

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

17 minutes ago, Mike_d85 said:

Sounds intriguing... My mind is whirling in a half dozen combinations of cabbage and apple and all of it is sounding pretty good.  I don't know why I didn't think of this combination before.

It's a very German combo. You can find literally dozens of recipes for cabbage, green or red, and apples in German cuisine. It's strongly associated with Christmas apparently.

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

7 hours ago, Basement Cat said:

It's a very German combo. You can find literally dozens of recipes for cabbage, green or red, and apples in German cuisine. It's strongly associated with Christmas apparently.

I'd like to try that. I didn't know this combination was a thing.

Update:

Weight down to 216. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless. That's 9 pounds down from the starting line, so it's better than nothing. I find it's also easier to hang from my pull up bar than before. My grip is definitely getting stronger.

• Like 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Progress in the right direction is always good

HI btw ;) 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Monthly update:

weight: 212.4

Chest: 46 inches

Waist: 40.5

Hips: 50

Thigh: 28.5

Slow and steady wins the race, they say. That's 3.6 pounds down from the last time, and 4.5 inches lost overall. since the start. We'll see in September how it's going.

• Like 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

*Incoming rant, trigger warning suicide and family estrangement*

No new measurements yet, they're due in a couple of days. I expect I gained some back because I haven't been careful.

After the next weigh in, I intend to seriously commit to my workout routine (push ups and pull ups for now , or at least easier variations of them).  I'm going to have some serious stress to work through. Why? It's the yearly family reunion. My brother sent me an e-mail saying that they would be happy to have me there and the family isn' t whole if I'm not there and all that feel good stuff.

Except there's a problem:

My sister. She doesn't like me. I don't like here. Every. freaking. time. we meet,  she goes out of her way to hurt my feelings. Whether it's calling me names and blaming me for feeling hurt afterwards or my mom saying I'm too sensitive and making excuses for her, it's just not a happy feeling to see them.

Now, if I go, my sister will make me feel awful and my mom will of course take her side. If I don't go, my mom will guilt trip me until I feel awful. If I try to explain why I don't want to go, I will be chastised for being too sensitive and it being all in my head and feel awful afterwards.

*next part contains swearing, do not read if easily offended*

Gah! I'd feel happier talking to the fucking suicide hotline! They're my fucking family! Why do I have to protect myself from them? I actually got seriously sick from the stress of having to face them! I'm not as stressed when my paycheck is late or at tax time! How fucked up is that? It's such a goddamn trap! 

If I give no reason, I'm the bad guy. If I give the reason, I'm an insane bad guy! I mean, these people never want to consider that maybe, just maybe some of of my concerns and complaints are legitimate! No! It's all in my fucking head and it's all my fucking fault! Why can't you love yourself, Anne? Why don't you make more of an effort to take care of yourself, Anne? You're too sensitive, Anne!  Try to be more feminine, Anne! You could be such a pretty girl, Anne!

MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE YOU SHOT ME DOWN EVERY TIME I FUCKING OPENED UP MY TRUE SELF TO YOU, YOU FUCKING JERKS!

• Sad 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

So sorry to hear all this. I hope at least you're feeling a bit better now?

On 30/8/2017 at 5:47 PM, Basement Cat said:

They're my fucking family! Why do I have to protect myself from them?

This is a question I asked myself for some time too. They say you can't choose family, but I think we have at least the right to choose now as grownups, so in my  case I've kept a relation with those of my family that deserved it. I am not saying you should do that -it was a quite hard thing to do- what I am trying to say is that you were born in that family but you don't have to put up with all their shit.

If I give no reason, I'm the bad guy. If I give the reason, I'm an insane bad guy! I mean, these people never want to consider that maybe, just maybe some of of my concerns and complaints are legitimate!

It looks like you feel trapped in the situation and there's no way out. I can't say which solution you can find to that, but if it helps, I'll tell you I finally chose to be the bad guy. It was not easy, because it made people I loved stay away from me, my brother wouldn't even try to understand my reasons and I felt awful because I didn't want to be seen as the bad one. It felt, however, that it would be the only thing that would protect me... After some time passed -I won't lie, I'm talking years- things got better and I built a whole new family dynamic that benefits me, and although it is not perfect, it is way less shitty.

Try to be more feminine, Anne! You could be such a pretty girl, Anne!

Oh, lord, the beautiful/nice girl talk. I wouldn't know even where to start. 

Let me say, however, that you have a very beautiful name :)

• Like 2

Thanks, Lara.

I feel better now that I've unloaded all that. :) You know, yesterday while in my slump I posted here, called my aunt (whom I adore), spoke to my cousin (awesome guy!) and wrote to a couple of people (my other cousin included, awesome gal!) and it's made me realize something: I do have friends. It's something I've never really had before. It's a pretty awesome feeling.

Weigh in tomorrow! I put a bit of weight back on, but now I think I'm ready to go in full charge. I'm also going to go for my firearms license. I enjoy shooting and I won't let anything get in the way of me enjoying this hobby. Except perhaps the weather. :D 

• Like 2

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

18 hours ago, Basement Cat said:

If I give no reason, I'm the bad guy. If I give the reason, I'm an insane bad guy! I mean, these people never want to consider that maybe, just maybe some of of my concerns and complaints are legitimate! No! It's all in my fucking head and it's all my fucking fault! Why can't you love yourself, Anne? Why don't you make more of an effort to take care of yourself, Anne? You're too sensitive, Anne!  Try to be more feminine, Anne! You could be such a pretty girl, Anne!

Sorry for barging in on such a personal issue when we've never spoken before, it's just, I can relate.

Lie to them. Just lie. Your are so *insanely busy* right now, you would love to but cannot possibly make it. Say you'll come, then call back because your are *so sick* you have fever and everything, poor you. You have an emergency at work. Your washing machine broke down. Whatever.

I know, lying is bad. Then again, so is what they're doing to you. You don't owe them the truth, when they don't even try to listen to you. I learned to protect myself.

I hope you'll be ok!

• Like 2