So its been a few months but I'm back...

Image result for peeking gif 

Er, hi guys! Its been a while but, erm, I'm back.. :rolleyes:

So I feel awful for being such a big part of the community and for being so enthusiastic about this site - only to suddenly disappear from the face of the earth. I promise that I have good reasons, though! Hence why I'm back, ready-and-rearing. So some of you may know that I was dealing with some health issues and hoping to get back up to a healthy weight again, whilst getting stronger following my diagnosis / lack of diagnosis / misdiagnosis. 

Still with me?

It was all going alright; slowly progressing - and I mean, very slowly. At a snail's pace. But progressing nonetheless. But a few months ago (was it one month? Two? Who knows?) - I took a huge, very sudden turn for the worst after a surgery and winded up in hospital; this time, long-term. The plus-side to this is that I underwent a lot of tests in a short span and they think they've come to work out the issues and why they seem so diverse; yet cause the same life-debilitating dizziness, fainting and fatigue. For those who don't know; I suddenly found myself - a girl who loves to surf, to rock-climb, to be outdoors - sleeping up to 19 hours a day or suddenly fainting without warning. These "episodes" occurred so often that I couldn't go to work; and by the end; could barely eat or move. Eighteen years young and suddenly I was back at my mother's house, her having to wash my hair for me whilst I struggled to keep  my eyes open. After almost two years of getting worst I suppose I ought to have known it was going to catch up to me eventually.

Okay, I'm blabbering now. What I came to say is that I underwent a heart ablation as well as a hormone treatment. I was suspected of having everything from a brain tumour to cancer; it seemed as though they were managing to outrule so many of the less-scary options, leaving more and more terrifying possibilities in their wake. The final results - the ones I've waited years for - are surprising; severe wolff parkinson white, chronic pain syndrome and ME. Who'd have thought?

It was tough but the changes have been amazing. I've spent quite a few weeks at home recovering; gradually I've gone back to work. I got back to my pre-surgery self... and then something else happened. I began to do better than before the surgery. I began to feel dizzy less, and could move about more. My appetite came back, and I found myself going for walks with friends and family members - then taking the dogs - then jogging a little too. I'm better. By no means cured; but finally - finally - have found something that works. Each week I'm growing stronger and with all my post-procedure check-ups, it looks as though I really am on an upwards rise. 

I came back to say that now that I am better - something I've wished to be for so long - I aim to come back with a vengeance! You can expect to see me all over the forums, haha; you guys will probably be sick of the sight of me! XD 

Thank you for being supportive, everybody; both those who knew and messaged me in my absence, and those who I'm yet to discover!

Lots of love,

Stella. ♥

• Like 5

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

Fascinating.  I learned something new about the heart today.  Glad they finally found what was wrong and corrected the defect.  Hope you get better fast!

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Welcome back.  I hope to hear more about your recovery.  I was in a similar boat.  I suffered from a pretty serious back injury that left me in tremendous pain walking any more than a few steps at a time.  My legs and feet would feel numb then feel like they were on fire.  I found out that my back was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off that could leave me paralyzed after even a minor event.  I was scheduled for a spinal fusion at L2 through L5.  I spent two months prehabbing myself for the surgery.  I had it, then spent nearly three months flat on my back.  I just recently started to work out again and now I am feeling myself getting stronger every day.  I am slowly coming back to my old self. 

I hope your journey goes well.

• Like 1