Hello, finally decided to join the forums.

Hi everyone,

I have been enjoying the site for a while, but decided to take the plunge and start posting. My name is Nick, I am 34 and I live near Boston.

My goal here is more an overall life goal to basically level up my life as Steve says rather than just focusing on fitness. I want to find a career direction that will keep me excited to be doing what I'm doing, as well as set some other travel and fun goals that I can work towards.

Fitness is also an important part of my life, as I like to do a lot of active things, so being in better shape will help me out playing sports and preventing injuries. I have had two knee surgeries over the past two years that have been tough to get over, so one of my main motivations to keep hitting the gym is to strengthen my leg muscles and hopefully prevent any more knee injuries.

I have been playing a lot of ultimate frisbee for about the past ten years, so really excited to get back into it this summer after finishing my physical therapy this winter. I also like biking and hiking a lot, hoping to do more of those as well.

I would also like to learn some more about nutrition, because I am trying to support my wife and give her good advice about diet, but I seem to be a bit confused myself other than "eat less processed foods and sugar, flour, and white rice". For instance, how do you balance getting enough calories to build muscles with the goal of losing weight?

I love the positivity and motivating energy of this site, and I also like how completing my workouts in the gym makes me feel like I can do anything. Looking forward to hearing other people's stories and making progress together.

Welcome! I'm always impressed when someone watches our madness, and then decides to join us. Of course, I'm betting that over half the time I post on someone's newbie thread and they're saying, "Oh... why did HE have to respond???"

But I forge on blindly anyway :)

I'm with you on trying to make strength gains while losing weight. I tend to focus on different things at different times, and don't worry too much if the other lags for a bit. Currently I've been focusing on losing weight, although I'm about to switch that and just maintain while I try to get ready for a competitive season. There is a recent thread, although I haven't really looked at it: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?9154-Reaching-Strength-Limits-On-A-Cal-Deficit&highlight=weight+loss

Still, glad to have you. You live in an area which seems to have a high density of fitness nerds.

Welcome! I love ultimate, although I cant run fast enough to be very good at it.

Many people on here are struggling with losing weight while gaining/maintaining muscle...best of luck to you! Feel free to ask questions :)

Glad to have you!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8